Lamborghini Talk banner

Huracan pricing bubble

232K views 4K replies 127 participants last post by  Transientbeingz 
#1 ·
I don’t know about anyone else, but these prices are getting out of control. Evos with 5k+ mileage asking for 350k plus?? Performantes in the high 300 low 400 range? 610s approaching 300? At some point this has to relax a little. I’m just some old guy venting that when he finally has enough to purchase the cars that the asking price keeps getting higher and higher.

#3 ·
Once the supply chain issues get back to normal we will see prices come down. That is still another 1-2 years out?

There is just not enough supply and a ton of demand.

#6 ·
The Huracan production will be done in Summer 2024, then the next gen will come out and its rumored to be a V6 or V8TT+Hybrid, this should give us Huracan owners some price protection as its the last of the N/A's and you know Lamborghini will up the MSRP due to the massive investment in this platform. I could care less if my car goes from being valued above MSRP to depreciating to historical standards of a supercar but I think many of us that have the car we want, got it at MSRP are very happy to be long term HODL'ers

#8 ·
I haven't lost money on a Porsche or any sports car in about ten years but I tend to buy great quality used cars that are below market value, such as my 997 GT3, 1992 911 (964), GT4, Macan GTS, C8 etc. I've unloaded all of my cars this year to buy a new Huracan, Tesla Model Y P, and 2022 Raptor 37. I feel in todays market, if you can get a highly desirable vehicle and spec at MSRP, I'd rather be unloading my used cars at a premium to help insulate myself when the market does dip.

#11 ·
I agree that they’re out of control. I was able to get a 992 TTS and a GT3 Touring at MSRP. I’m taking advantage of the market and selling the TTS for the Tecnica. Mathematically speaking it’s like getting into the Huracan at a discount (I know it’s flawed logic, but it seems like a discount).

#14 · (Edited)
I am going the other direction, but the results are similar. I have an STO arriving and will sell that and should cover the balance of a GT3 and a Tecnica. Having tracked the GT3 for the last 10 years and having some extended sessions with the STO recently, I have come to the realization that the GT3 is the sharper weapon. I have the 991.2 Touring, and the 992 arriving will be PDK for track use.

#15 ·
I am going the other direction, but the results are similar. I have an STO arriving and will sell that and should cover the balance of a GT3 and a Tecnica. Having tracked the GT3 for the last 10 years and having some extended sessions with the STO recently, I have come to the realize that the GT3 is sharper weapon. I have the 991.2 Touring, and the 992 arriving will be PDK for track use.
Agree, the GT3 is a track monster. I loved my 997 GT3 and GT4 while on track. The GT4RS.... OMG so much want

#18 ·
Had six Porsches over the years. Got my first in 1982. Four of those six are worth a small fortune today if I still had them. I'll never forget the exhilarating rush of my 79 930 Turbo. For some reason looking back even today it seems as fast as anything I've ever driven even though I know it's not.

73 - 914
75 - 911S
79 - 911SC
79 - 930 Turbo
89 - 930 Turbo
2019 - GT3RS

#19 ·
So many good memories with my Porsches over the recent years while living in LA. The Boxster was the gateway drug to the GT cars… now onto Lamborghinis

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Sky

Vehicle Land vehicle Car Wheel Tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Car

Wheel Tire Car Smile Land vehicle

A few summers ago I took my GT4 on a cruise through the Malibu canyons then parked in a fairly low key lot in Santa Monica to watch the sunset. I park and a guy in a AMG GTR pulls up, gets out and says, it’s got a harness bar, you track it right?! I said yes I do…. Lewis?!
Sky Shorts Bermuda shorts Human body Smile

#26 ·
For those with Huracans, if you were in the market for your first Lambo, would you pay MSRP in this market for a 5 year old 580 or wait for prices to calm down? Cars seem to be "grass is always greener" once you get them so not sure if it's worth paying the premium in today's market.

#33 ·
I will say you make some sense but in 2025 most states are banning N/A engines and no productions will be made so what you see left of the Huracans / Lamborghini N/A may become collectibles .
so prices will stay north and remain or improve in my opinion . I don’t see it soften up only keep getting more expensive. I’m just happy to own one lol

#34 ·
Selling cars at MSRP with hardly any allocations or used cars won't work for very long. I don't see waiting around for a car at MSRP as a viable option going into the future. I see ADMs becoming somewhat of a survival mechanism for dealerships. With so little used cars in inventory and the trickling in of allocations and deliveries. Dealers will have to do ADMs to stay in business - just my opinion.

#43 ·
I personally see very little reason that they'll come down at any point in the foreseeable future. Barring some significant economic event that would cause much bigger issues I think waiting for them to come down is exceedingly hopeful.

Keep in mind that the entire performance car market is coming to an end. As we get closer to autonomous cars being standard less R&D will be put into fun manually driven cars to the point their production will stop naturally. Now add ridiculous emissions regulations that seem set on killing them earlier anyway and it's easy to see that the days are numbered. That's still ignoring inflation and how much money was printed out of thin air...

In a lot of ways the car market is like the housing market currently. Tons of demand and no supply. But imagine we had morons saying we have to stop building houses and land is too precious to dedicate to one family, everyone will need to be in a condo or apartment going forward. You think the houses would ever come down in value again?

#45 ·
Factor in that very soon they aren’t going to be making them anymore. Prices won’t be going down anytime soon.

Reactions: sicknss
#47 ·
Yes it will end but I don't see it happening anytime soon, especially with exotics and their high demand.

#52 ·
This is the end of an era of the ICE. I can see demand only getting stronger as we get closer to the ultimate end. A lot can happen between now and then so I guess we will just have to wait and see. I'm just hoping it lasts long enough so I can get the best price for my EVO if and when I sell it.

#65 ·
The most obvious thing to me is that even though the Technica has been revealed, getting one is like trying to find a unicorn. The other variants have stopped, it's back to the zero supply and a lot of demand. I now think until they come out with a new model and have lots of cars off the shelf prices are going to be very high. Some people are willing to over spend no problem, they have employees shoveling money with a snow plow into the bank account. And this is just the legit way of having money, I won't talk about the dark side.

In any case up here 2022 is a bust, summer has just started and the trend for car prices always goes up anyway to snatch those over paying buyers. We can only wait till September when car owners want to dump their cars. I think 4 months is too soon, there's too much politikill action going on, the ant's nest has been stepped on. No new cars on the horizon means guys are going to keep their car or sell it at a ridiculous price laughing at their profit. We need to wait till February to see if anything has changed but I doubt there will be any good news.

#72 ·
We’ve had QE, low rates, increased money supply, increased wealth due to crypto gains into a lower supply situation(Covid caused) and prices on everything went bonkers. What do you think happens when we have the total reverse situation of QT, increasing rates, lower money supply, decreasing cryto wealth into a normalized supply situation eventually?