Lamborghini Talk banner

Huracan pricing bubble

232K views 4K replies 127 participants last post by  Transientbeingz 
#1 ·
I don’t know about anyone else, but these prices are getting out of control. Evos with 5k+ mileage asking for 350k plus?? Performantes in the high 300 low 400 range? 610s approaching 300? At some point this has to relax a little. I’m just some old guy venting that when he finally has enough to purchase the cars that the asking price keeps getting higher and higher.

#1,059 ·
I have my theories but as I've said before no one knows. Basic supply/demand logic hasn't helped much over the last couple years and too many people seem to focus solely on one part of that equation to predict the future.

I started waiting on a fire sale 2.5 years ago. I also know far more people waiting for a Huracan "crash" than people selling Huracans. Anecdotal for sure but barring any raw data it sure doesn't feel like there's a problem with demand.

Reactions: Vitveet
#1,062 ·
Easiest to track is the STO. Most cars have few miles and are all either 2021/ 2022. When I sold mine 6 weeks ago, there were none listed under $500K. Today there are a few, but it’s a small sample size. Looks like it’s headed down since I sold, but until I see a couple listed at $450K, I can’t say for sure the bubble has popped for it

#1,094 ·
Guys, the reason prices don't always reflect inventory level is because a. prices lag sales and b. prices are sticky downwards so take proportionately longer to come down than go up. As cars are traded relatively infrequently, unlike stocks, price discovery is a much messier process. That's why private equity returns look much smoother than public market returns, because they are not as frequently traded / valued. The conclusions we can draw are that prices are not going to do what they did in 2021 for cars when every other asset in 2022 is headed or has headed down.

#1,097 ·
There's now 50 H's and 31 A's on AT (Canada).

Number keeps increasing, my SA told me the other day sales are extremely slow but he reckons it's because people are travelling lol. Clueless.
I bet you didn't tell him about this thread. :LOL: Travelling, not quite, more like hawks circling for prey. Many buyers lined up when they lay off their nonsense. I read in the other thread the Brits chuckle at those foolish enough to over pay for no good reason.

#1,107 ·
Speaking of H slots I was offered a Sterrato slot today. Supposedly each dealer will be receiving 1-2 cars, possibly a Miami unveiling in Dec. I spoke with the GM at my dealer and he said there's not much buzz for the Sterrato, only the hardcore Lambo owners have inquired about it but no firm deposits.

#1,109 ·
Paying an extra 20K over 2021 prices sure I'd do it, I wouldn't like like because the same car racked up more mileage for more money but paying a 73K markup + tax for a total of 83K from +-16 months ago, I don't deal with weasels.

For some people big money comes easily and the huge markup increase is like pocket change you put in a jar and forget about it. On the flip side of the coin if you only knew the people and jobs I have to deal on a daily basis, it's a circus show 4 times a day. No.

#1,120 ·
seeing more price cuts on R8s and 911s in the past couple weeks on AutoTrader and most cars have been sitting for months

this M3 on BAT would have sold for $30k at the peak. Possibly early signs of a cooling:

#1,169 ·

Sold for $442k + $5k buyer premium.

Good visibility into actual transaction where dealers and customers both can bid. A dealer won.

Not sure exact MSRP, but I'd ballpark it $370k.