Lamborghini Talk banner

Huracan pricing bubble

232K views 4K replies 127 participants last post by  Transientbeingz 
#1 ·
I don’t know about anyone else, but these prices are getting out of control. Evos with 5k+ mileage asking for 350k plus?? Performantes in the high 300 low 400 range? 610s approaching 300? At some point this has to relax a little. I’m just some old guy venting that when he finally has enough to purchase the cars that the asking price keeps getting higher and higher.

#474 ·
Just thought of something for the bubble in Canada, would the Luxury tax whose still being heavily pushed, persuade buyers to frantically try to get a car before the tax goes into effect?

Just read an article and it says :

The tax will also apply to improvements or aftermarket modifications made at the time of sale — and will be added to the final sale price for the purposes of calculating GST and applicable provincial sales taxes.

#485 ·

#488 ·
Yes, this gentlemen's video and analysis has been posted several times and illustrates the times they are a changin. As we all know, the new rules, the new COVID rules now apply. I guess the next logical question is for how long, and that is anyone's guess but, for those that have the capacity, enjoy it while it lasts.

#489 · (Edited)
Actually it’s three issues that happen in a time:
The shortage of materials of all kind because of COVID + war, the fact that combustion engine driven species will see their end of lifetime coming shortly and finally: inflation.
Could be the values reman stable or even rise.
Also it may happen they come down down to nowhere since younger respectively future generations are not interested in noisy and stinky vehicles anymore.
:unsure::oops:

#492 ·
You guys are also forgetting the fact that the US government has given everyone that’s not paying taxes, trillions in free money. Heck even California was scammed out of a billion from foreigners.
A dish washer or bus boy now makes $30per hour. That’s almost $60k per year. Everything is going up, except Main Street portfolios.
Just for Q1 in the US, savings dropped to $1 trillion from the prior Q of $1.45 trillion. Heck at that pace, half of America will be in breadlines by Xmas.

#495 ·
Six more Huracans popped up for sale in one week, now at 32 on autotrader, and everyone trying to sell higher than the other dealer or private seller.
Two that made me chuckle, both 2021 Evo Spyders, asking 478K and 489K for them!
Crazy!
But the true market is not seen by the highest asking prices. It’s by the lowest prices being offered because you assume those are the ones being transacted…..

#505 ·
I hear base stereo is awful but I have a couple Ferraris and I would be hard pressed to think that EVO's system could be worse. I never use it because, well, what sounds better than a V12? I got the upgraded system on the incoming EVO because my SA advised it would be best for resale. I hate to spec something off retail but things are crazy right now and I may turn the EVO in a few years for a Technica or whatever so I went for it.

#514 ·
To those that follow prices, do you guys notice Huracan prices dip closer to end of summer or in the middle of winter? I was being offered a nice 580 for $255k back in November but it sold before even hitting the market. Now the cheapest ones are $280k+ with higher mileage. Not sure if it's because its beginning of summer or because prices have gone up for all cars in the past 7 months