Lamborghini Talk banner
1661 - 1680 of 2007 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I can't remember the last time there were 70 H's for sale in Canada and we still have the usual end of summer cars that will start hitting the market.

If this was last year or even pre-COVID I wouldn't be worried because usually around this time of year US dealers would be snatching up CDN supercars. Unfortunately US buyers are strapped with inventory and there's not enough Canadian buyers for $300k+ cars so the worst case scenario of oversupply is starting to unfold.
You are so quick, I was typing something very similar!

Another 2 cars listed for sale(70 on AT) (78 total). End of summer guys are naturally getting rid of their cars before winter.

I just went out yesterday and bought a case of nak pak popcorn, looks like I'm going to get fat this winter! This is such entertainment, who and when are they going to fold. :D

About dealers buying at a premium and can't sell at normal prices sure sure... Do you see anyone buying your cars?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Yes, but a friend of mine said he did see one transact at $800K. Regardless, that’s a complete collapse even if fair value ever got to the $600s.
Oh, I absolutely agree. I remember seeing folks paying $200k+ markups on them last Fall, claiming that they were only going to keep going up in value, and would never see any prices near MSRP again. I just shook my head.

The market is coming back to reality.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It'd be useful to know what kind of prices dealers are offering if anyone has traded in their car in the past couple weeks. If they are still paying premiums then this price softening will likely take a while. Dealers could be lying but most are still surprised if you try to knock off more than $1500 on a $300k car

·
Registered
646 Posts
It'd be useful to know what kind of prices dealers are offering if anyone has traded in their car in the past couple weeks. If they are still paying premiums then this price softening will likely take a while. Dealers could be lying but most are still surprised if you try to knock off more than $1500 on a $300k car

I think quite a few dealers are honestly “stuck” with overpriced inventory but don’t want to take a loss. There is no way they are offering to buy cars within 10-18% of their inventory asking prices, which is usually about what their markups are.

·
Registered
626 Posts

Asking a buddy, who recently sold his Huracan to Tactical. I know that Kumizi said that he was getting basically MSRP offers on the brand new Evo RWD he was about to take delivery of.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Asking a buddy, who recently sold his Huracan to Tactical. I know that Kumizi said that he was getting basically MSRP offers on the brand new Evo RWD he was about to take delivery of.
Crazy! Brand new Evos are still marked up $75-100K over. Dealerships going for home runs!
A dealer that I spoke to recently said that the delivery miles STO which I sold about 2 months ago would wholesale around $40-60K over today.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,371 Posts
Crazy! Brand new Evos are still marked up $75-100K over. Dealerships going for home runs!
A dealer that I spoke to recently said that the delivery miles STO which I sold about 2 months ago would wholesale around $40-60K over today.
That is crazy, but I am not surprised. It's still too soon to see even a modest correction in the car market.

Reactions: 3POINT8

·
Registered
626 Posts

He said they gave him $218k, for his 2019 580, and now have it listed for $263k.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Do dealers not have a carrying cost of vehicles on the lot? I’d imagine they have a financier who helps them finance inventory, and as the cost of borrowing increases, it would put further pressure on their need to turn cars.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Adding to the above important info… specifically for Evo’s.

It hasn’t even been two weeks and while the number of cars is down 7% (127 vs 136), the amount of recent discounts has risen significantly (28.7 vs 33%). Winner in this round is a car that got dropped $50k (375 to 325).

Let’s all keep in mind- asking price, actual sale price, etc is pointless to speculate upon as the reasons for a vehicle pull could be several, the sale vs asking price could be variable, etc.

If you bought a car already, great! If your looking for one, great! If you bought one assuming you’ll make money- that wasn’t a wise assumption.
It’s been a month… new numbers.

143 Evo’s on cars.com

An astounding 51 with recent price reductions, 35.6%. Some as high as $40k….

Come the winter and right before tax season, there will be great deals for those patient.

1661 - 1680 of 2007 Posts