Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,347 Posts
Reactions: Luzifer

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
I am not sure it pisses people off but it's disappointing to see "enthusiasts" rejoicing the downward trend. As was mentioned by another forum member, the market will do what the market will do, but I get the gestalt, as the refrain of the beatles song suggests "with a little help from my friends".
Don't be disappointed. In any market discussion, there will always be buyers and the sellers on opposing sides. Many of us are buyers and don't want to be on the receiving side of the blow. If I was a seller (or owned the car I want already), I'd be opposing the "downtrend" talks to protect what I have. Just the way it is.

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
I personally want to see the flippers exit the market because it screws it up for the rest of us. Sure it's nice to sell our cars for a hefty premium but long term flippers will impact of all us.

For example, the factory is asking dealers for a list of clients who want the AV replacement and I have a feeling it's directly linked to flippers. Lets just hope this brand doesn't turn into Porsche and the mess with GT cars or Ferrari because the last thing we want is highly sought models getting sold to flippers who have a backdoor deal with dealers.
Yep dealers make money twice on the car with these nasty backdoor deals. It can get ugly.

Reactions: Huracaan

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
Heather posted a market update video:

Interesting reply left on her video...

Comment: Market is plunging and you need to adjust pricing heading into winter. The $1m+ buyers for the SVJ are long gone.

Reply from Heather: Thanks for your opinion but we’ve declined two big cash offers recently so i think we are fine! The naturally aspirated V12 will be a thing of the past soon so SVJs will be fine. :)

I don't believe for a second any dealer would be rejecting "big cash" offers in the current market. It's like realtors telling clients it's a great time to buy and the market is hot. Two professions that peddle horsesh!t for a living.
I have no doubt she just spewed out your typical dealer bull****.

·
Registered
549 Posts
This is the part I never understood. Aventador gets the price-raping, but the Murcs staying the same. Made no sense to me.
Basically the price increase isn’t about collectability, rarity or things like that. All new Lambos are about 30% over sticker(Urus, STO, Evo) and I don’t think for a minute anyone considers the Urus a collectible vehicle. Heck, even Rolls Royces are over sticker. Don’t get caught thinking this increase is because the last NA V10, etc….it’s not.

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD Grigio Lynx
2,453 Posts
Basically the price increase isn’t about collectability, rarity or things like that. All new Lambos are about 30% over sticker(Urus, STO, Evo) and I don’t think for a minute anyone considers the Urus a collectible vehicle. Heck, even Rolls Royces are over sticker. Don’t get caught thinking this increase is because the last NA V10, etc….it’s not.
Went car shopping for my daughter this past weekend. Basic Hondas and Fords are selling over sticker.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Most places are still ordering new cars and selling them before they can get on the lot, we're in this predicament now looking for a new car to replace my parents old one. No new cars to look over, pretty much if you can get to the dealer before they deliver it that's as close as you get. I was told Toyota has said they expect this to go on for the next 2 years

·
Registered
116 Posts
He disappeared on me and the car is still listed 😂.
The smart salesmen know to keep a good relationship as they know eventually things will slow down. I've dealt with a few that are riding high from the hot market this past year, they treat you like crap if you try negotiating even a bit.

I wonder if paying the extra $40k for a Huracan today is worth not waiting around for prices to drop? Driving is more fun than waiting at the end.

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
The smart salesmen know to keep a good relationship as they know eventually things will slow down. I've dealt with a few that are riding high from the hot market this past year, they treat you like crap if you try negotiating even a bit.

I wonder if paying the extra $40k for a Huracan today is worth not waiting around for prices to drop? Driving is more fun than waiting at the end.
Well it's a gamble in the end, right? If you pay the rape-prices now, it could turn out that it all holds out for you for several years......and then you look back and say "I'm glad I went ahead and just gave them the money". But then it can also hit the "burst" people are speaking of and that $350K 2012 Aventador is now worth $220K. It's at that point you need to be that guy that says "I'm rich and I don't care about the loss, the 'drive' was worth it".

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well it's a gamble in the end, right? If you pay the rape-prices now, it could turn out that it all holds out for you for several years......and then you look back and say "I'm glad I went ahead and just gave them the money". But then it can also hit the "burst" people are speaking of and that $350K 2012 Aventador is now worth $220K. It's at that point you need to be that guy that says "I'm rich and I don't care about the loss, the 'drive' was worth it".
Definitely a gamble but with inflation the way it is, I think it's safe to say things won't "burst" that badly. The Huracans Im looking at are around $280k-$300k. Pre-pandemic, these same ones were for $215k-$230k. A loss of ~$70k in the event of a burst might be worth the risk. Even though it's unlikely that will happen overnight, and most probably will stretch over a matter of a year or two minimum. Lots to think about.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Definitely a gamble but with inflation the way it is, I think it's safe to say things won't "burst" that badly. The Huracans Im looking at are around $280k-$300k. Pre-pandemic, these same ones were for $215k-$230k. A loss of ~$70k in the event of a burst might be worth the risk. Even though it's unlikely that will happen overnight, and most probably will stretch over a matter of a year or two minimum. Lots to think about.
Even though I’m in the bear camp, I don’t think used car prices will go back to how they used to depreciate. That being said, I look at a $70K loss on a USED car as a terrible situation especially when that kind of loss was the price to pay for owning a new Lamborghini. But to each his own..

1461 - 1480 of 1593 Posts