Lamborghini Talk banner
901 - 920 of 3259 Posts

· Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I can see dealers putting a markup on cars they brought in for stock like the one I mentioned, want a brand new car with no wait? pay up. But I'm surprised they are now putting on cars customers are ordering. My understanding is dealers can no longer order cars for inventory so I guess that is why? Also heard my dealerships GM was asking customers to order a car that he would then keep for inventory. This GM recently disappeared, heard he is being investigated by police and dealership for other shady things

Reactions: Luzifer

· Premium Member
3,212 Posts
A lot of inventory is popping up across the board and nothing is selling. We're also on the cusp of another big rate hike so I think it's safe to say the bull run for supercar market in Canada is done and we're in for some steep declines in the coming months.
I'm loving the rate increases, been opening a bunch of CD's between 2.50%-3.25%. Even my MM's are at 1.65%. Much better than the .5% I have been getting for 2 years. Also glad I paid under MSRP for my new car and got to use inflated value of trade in, so I wont get hurt. My next car probably wont be till the replacement comes out in 2025 and things should be back to normal by then, but my Evo should still be up being a V10

· Registered
1,910 Posts
I know of 2 Canadian purchases recently a 2020 awd for 400 plus tax and a 2021 rwd for over 400 also. Both were almost entirely base specced.

Also the car listed at 250 has been thrashed very heavily from what I've heard with 55000km... No thanks.
You have some insider information, very nice. I was wondering why the car with "55000km" was sitting there for a while.

It's crazy to think those who have deep pockets have no worries about over paying.

· Registered
17,399 Posts
If you buy preowned go over the car with a fine tooth comb/due diligence. I have a feeling some of these preowned supercars are not treated all that well because people are of the mindset they will be trading out them in short order so, it will be someone else's problem.
Issues that have been discussed extensively on the forum like mileage rollback and mileage blockers are concerning.

· Registered
3,722 Posts
If you buy preowned go over the car with a fine tooth comb/due diligence. I have a feeling some of these preowned supercars are not treated all that well because people are of the mindset they will be trading out them in short order so, it will be someone else's problem.
Issues that have been discussed extensively on the forum like mileage rollback and mileage blockers are concerning.
As my dad always says… Drive it like a rental!

· Registered
17,399 Posts
As my dad always says… Drive it like a rental!
Too funny but I treat all the cars I buy very well but I fear I am one of the exceptions:

My routine with my new cars: break-in according to the manual, never rev the engine endlessly and pointlessly while standing still or at all when standing still, I wait for the engine RPMs to drop to around 800 before pulling out of my garage, I wait for the water temperature to reach 90 degrees before putting the transmission in Sport mode, I never leave the FAL in the up position and if it is transported the FAL is always in placed in the down position, I never track my cars mostly because I find going around in circles boring as sh*t, and lastly I personally wash & detail them with all the care I can muster.

· Registered
1,910 Posts
That's going to be tough if I have to drive across the country to go see a car and verify it in person and miss a whole week. Especially if it's winter! No plane ride for me, my ear drums can't handle the air pressure on the descent.

Note to self, bring mirrors for check in the tight spots, small bore scope type cameras that I already have in the truck!

· Registered
783 Posts
Too funny but I treat all the cars I buy very well but I fear I am one of the exceptions:

My routine with my new cars: break-in according to the manual, never rev the engine endlessly and pointlessly while standing still or at all when standing still, I wait for the engine RPMs to drop to around 800 before pulling out of my garage, I wait for the water temperature to reach 90 degrees before putting the transmission in Sport mode, I never leave the FAL in the up position and if it is transported the FAL is always in placed in the down position, I never track my cars mostly because I find going around in circles boring as sh*t, and lastly I personally wash & detail them with all the care I can muster.
Oil temp is more important than water temp (which warms up much quicker). 90C/200F oil temp and you’re good to go. It might take an extra 5 mins though….

· Registered
17,399 Posts
Oil temp is more important than water temp (which warms up much quicker). 90C/200F oil temp and you’re good to go. It might take an extra 5 mins though….
Thanks. I actually don't do higher RPMs until I reach the open roads which takes me about 15 minutes to get to my driving location. Plus, I mostly drive in Sport Mode in automatic so the rpms stay well below redline.

· Registered
5,496 Posts
Currently 38 STO's for sale in the US and good specs as well.

Canadian A inventory is up to 28, 2 Ultimae's listed for $1.2m lol. The black Ultimae listed in TO was offered to a client in Montreal for a lot less but the buyer backed out. AV S roadster out in Vancouver also had a pending sale and buyer backed out and car is back on the market. It's been sitting around now for a few months and will most likely end up at Lambo Montreal.

· Registered
799 Posts
Currently 38 STO's for sale in the US and good specs as well.

Canadian A inventory is up to 28, 2 Ultimae's listed for $1.2m lol. The black Ultimae listed in TO was offered to a client in Montreal for a lot less but the buyer backed out. AV S roadster out in Vancouver also had a pending sale and buyer backed out and car is back on the market. It's been sitting around now for a few months and will most likely end up at Lambo Montreal.
The Aventador S roadster is the market intro spec and it's going to be a tough sell for the price they're asking. Silver on red with silver wheels appeals to a very small % of Lambo buyers.

· Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,411 Posts
A lot of inventory is popping up across the board and nothing is selling. We're also on the cusp of another big rate hike so I think it's safe to say the bull run for supercar market in Canada is done and we're in for some steep declines in the coming months.
As much as I want this to be true for ALL cars, I think the dealers may band together to keep my beloved Aventador high for a long time. :-(

· Registered
5,496 Posts
As much as I want this to be true for ALL cars, I think the dealers may band together to keep my beloved Aventador high for a long time. :-(
They'll try but at some point they'll need to sell inventory before the driving season closes. Most of these dealers were also riding high on PPP and cheap money, those days are behind us.

· Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,411 Posts
At some point dealers will stop buying from each other, floor plan will want their money and prices will adjust.
Hope yall are right. I want to purchase an AV in 2023. #goals

901 - 920 of 3259 Posts