Lamborghini Talk banner
801 - 817 of 817 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Impossilbe to get retail numbers.

Be extra careful with used Lambos in particular Lambos from Quebec. A lot of them are rolled back but come with clean Carfax history.

It's always good to do a visual check like look for interior wear and tear and have the ECU scanned.
It's going to be more tough as those in the Toronto area with the vids you made me aware of. It's unbelievable all the liars out there.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm on my 2nd H going on 3rd and one thing that I can guarantee is that mass-produced Lambo's such as the H which is currently going on 10 years of production are going to depreciate like rocks once the replacement comes out.

Members of this forum are the exception not the rule and the majority of future Exotic owners want the next new shiny toy whether it's NA with hybrid or TT or TT with hybrid.

The difference is they are too busy earning coin to fund their next purchase to have time to post about Resale and Value and Pricing like here on Italian Rennlist aka Lambo-Talk.
No objection.
Unless they enjoy their retirement with their exotics and started to watch the relevant market places on the web and monitor the insider forums in order to find the final clue.
:) (y)

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,656 Posts
Impossilbe to get retail numbers.

Be extra careful with used Lambos in particular Lambos from Quebec. A lot of them are rolled back but come with clean Carfax history.

It's always good to do a visual check like look for interior wear and tear and have the ECU scanned.
That is great advice in general, and to be honest, I didn’t realize how prevalent the practice was until I read several of the threads of this forum plus did some independent research. Though, I generally only buy new so I should be okay unless the factory is rolling back the miles. :giggle:

Reactions: EVORWSP

·
Registered
151 Posts
That is great advice in general, and to be honest, I didn’t realize how prevalent the practice was until I read several of the threads of this forum plus did some independent research. Though, I generally only buy new so I should be okay unless the factory is rolling back the miles. :giggle:
Haha, starting w -10000 when handed over.
:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Very common and if you install a new dash it's almost impossible to find out the car was rolled back. You basically have to look at wear and tear and service records.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,656 Posts
Very common and if you install a new dash it's almost impossible to find out the car was rolled back. You basically have to look at wear and tear and service records.
Gets one to thinking, I wonder what percentage of low mileage supercars are in fact really low mileage.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Gets one to thinking, I wonder what percentage of low mileage supercars are in fact really low mileage.
There's one car in particular that's for sale here in Canada which I won't mention publicly because I don't want the dealer trying to sue me. Basically what happen was an authorized dealer purchased this car sight unseen, this was during the crazy market back in Feb when dealers had no inventory. Upon inspection they found out the car, which is a few years old, had almost 15,000 more miles than what was shown on the ODO. The dealer basically had to order a new cluster, enter the correct mileage and wholesale the car.

Moral of the story, there's a lot of roll backs out there and it's fairly easy to put mileage blockers on our cars. Another thing I would look for in a Carfax report is if the car is getting serviced at a 3rd party garage even though the car has warranty. The reason for this is the owner is trying to keep the car away from an authorized dealer so they can't find out there's a roll back or enter the correct mileage and screw up the Carfax report.

·
Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,303 Posts
There's one car in particular that's for sale here in Canada which I won't mention publicly because I don't want the dealer trying to sue me. Basically what happen was an authorized dealer purchased this car sight unseen, this was during the crazy market back in Feb when dealers had no inventory. Upon inspection they found out the car, which is a few years old, had almost 15,000 more miles than what was shown on the ODO. The dealer basically had to order a new cluster, enter the correct mileage and wholesale the car.

Moral of the story, there's a lot of roll backs out there and it's fairly easy to put mileage blockers on our cars. Another thing I would look for in a Carfax report is if the car is getting serviced at a 3rd party garage even though the car has warranty. The reason for this is the owner is trying to keep the car away from an authorized dealer so they can't find out there's a roll back or enter the correct mileage and screw up the Carfax report.
Wow.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Why would you be afraid of getting sued if you’re telling the truth?

·
Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,303 Posts
Why would you be afraid of getting sued if you’re telling the truth?
Truth is irrelevant. If a person thinks you have no physical evidence to prove that truth, they will go on the offensive.
I know right....the balls/audacity of some people....but I've seen it happen.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,656 Posts
Truth is irrelevant. If a person thinks you have no physical evidence to prove that truth, they will go on the offensive.
Agree, discretion is the better part of valor, that is, it's injudicious to piss into the wind................. :giggle:

Reactions: Kratos

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
This.

There's some information that dealers would like to keep private or think is private.

801 - 817 of 817 Posts