Lamborghini Talk banner
781 - 800 of 817 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Why don’t we put this insanely repetitive thread to rest and start a new one which is just ACTUAL transaction prices. That way we’ll see when anything changes. I mean, how many more times are we all gonna say the same exact thing??
Here's a suggestion, don't read this thread if it pisses you off.
:ROFLMAO:

Generally hard to get actual transaction numbers, though……I guess auction numbers are the only easy ones to know but retail is much tougher.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Going in circles like joggers do waiting at a red light. They are pumped not wanting to miss a beat. They are passionate and dedicated just like we are.

Anyway this is my preferred thread and I look forward to new posts even if we sometimes repeat ourselves. I'm a hound waiting for the gate to drop to chase the hare!

What else are we going to talk about, boycott the bubble and go buy a Maclaren instead? :p

·
Registered
433 Posts
Luzifer, it’s like bulls and bears battling on a stock. The only difference is at the end of the day, the closing price says who won for that day. Here, it’s hard to say….it takes forever for price discovery. If this was a bettable event, I’d double down and put all I made on the STO that the market is still going down…. I’m a degenerate gambler :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Why don’t we put this insanely repetitive thread to rest and start a new one which is just ACTUAL transaction prices. That way we’ll see when anything changes. I mean, how many more times are we all gonna say the same exact thing??
EXACTLY

that’s why awhile ago, I laughed when diablos are being listed for $500k, but never sell for years. Eventually when a few sold, the sales prices were unknown.

Asking prices are NOT sales prices.
Asking prices are effectively a ‘suckers price’

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Depends on the neighborhood. ;)
You can be very happy to own the EVO. The game will be over soon. RWDs and AWD coupes are sold out. Availability of AWD Spyders on Special request only.
Guess what will happen once the market recognizes that these phenomenal specimens are history forever.
I'm on my 2nd H going on 3rd and one thing that I can guarantee is that mass-produced Lambo's such as the H which is currently going on 10 years of production are going to depreciate like rocks once the replacement comes out.

Members of this forum are the exception not the rule and the majority of future Exotic owners want the next new shiny toy whether it's NA with hybrid or TT or TT with hybrid.

The difference is they are too busy earning coin to fund their next purchase to have time to post about Resale and Value and Pricing like here on Italian Rennlist aka Lambo-Talk.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm on my 2nd H going on 3rd and one thing that I can guarantee is that mass-produced Lambo's such as the H which is currently going on 10 years of production are going to depreciate like rocks once the replacement comes out.

Members of this forum are the exception not the rule and the majority of future Exotic owners want the next new shiny toy whether it's NA with hybrid or TT or TT with hybrid.

The difference is they are too busy earning coin to fund their next purchase to have time to post about Resale and Value and Pricing like here on Italian Rennlist aka Lambo-Talk.
Totally agree, especially with second paragraph

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
EXACTLY

that’s why awhile ago, I laughed when diablos are being listed for $500k, but never sell for years. Eventually when a few sold, the sales prices were unknown.

Asking prices are NOT sales prices.
Asking prices are effectively a ‘suckers price’
I'm curious, take the example of my post 707 (Link below) how would you approach the dealer who marked up this particular car by 73K? Would you call them up and say I'll pay the price of $205 888 you listed in 2021?

I'm really interested in opinions and how to go about it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm curious, take the example of my post 707 (Link below) how would you approach the dealer who marked up this particular car by 73K? Would you call them up and say I'll pay the price of $205 888 you listed in 2021?

Well, the market is a lot different now than In 2021, so you have to be realistic. Current asking price is probably way too much, but asking for that vehicle for 2021 price is way too low. What are lowest asking prices by dealers offering similarly spec-ed cars at the moment? If you assume those will be marked up 8-12% or so, you can estimate what wholesale is on that car and work from there.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Impossilbe to get retail numbers.

Be extra careful with used Lambos in particular Lambos from Quebec. A lot of them are rolled back but come with clean Carfax history.

It's always good to do a visual check like look for interior wear and tear and have the ECU scanned.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Also, asking prices by private parties will also give you an indication of the market, especially the lowest ones. Those will still be over wholesale valuation in general or the car would probably have been sold to a dealer already and the owner wouldn’t go through the hassle of selling himself……

·
Registered
451 Posts
Supercar inventory should be low this time of year but we're seeing an uptick of cars hitting the market which isn't a good sign. It'll be interesting to revisit this topic in a few months time and see where the car market is at.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Argghhhh!!! I can't take it any longer...the bubble has popped! My new car arrives in a few weeks and I'm selling it!! MSRP is $253k...I'm praying I can get $100k. Any takers?????
A few weeks is a lifetime in this market
Let’s just say 90k maybe too high at that point.
I will let you know what my offer is with the precise daily count of cars on the market versus median asking price from dealers who may or may not have sold vehicles
Lord I hope I don’t get into a bidding war with someone on here who desperately wants it more than me

781 - 800 of 817 Posts