Lamborghini Talk banner

Huracan pricing bubble

126962 Views 2886 Replies 105 Participants Last post by  Hogdogfatkat
I don’t know about anyone else, but these prices are getting out of control. Evos with 5k+ mileage asking for 350k plus?? Performantes in the high 300 low 400 range? 610s approaching 300? At some point this has to relax a little. I’m just some old guy venting that when he finally has enough to purchase the cars that the asking price keeps getting higher and higher.
21 - 40 of 2887 Posts

· Registered
3,286 Posts
Had six Porsches over the years. Got my first in 1982. Four of those six are worth a small fortune today if I still had them. I'll never forget the exhilarating rush of my 79 930 Turbo. For some reason looking back even today it seems as fast as anything I've ever driven even though I know it's not.

73 - 914
75 - 911S
79 - 911SC
79 - 930 Turbo
89 - 930 Turbo
2019 - GT3RS
My gateway sports car was a mint 6 speed Meteor Grey 997 C2S I got back in 2007 for a steal during the last Recession. Daily drove it for 4 years before my 1st F-car.

· Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD, Daily 2021 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
3,028 Posts
So many good memories with my Porsches over the recent years while living in LA. The Boxster was the gateway drug to the GT cars… now onto Lamborghinis

View attachment 311848
View attachment 311853
View attachment 311852
View attachment 311850

A few summers ago I took my GT4 on a cruise through the Malibu canyons then parked in a fairly low key lot in Santa Monica to watch the sunset. I park and a guy in a AMG GTR pulls up, gets out and says, it’s got a harness bar, you track it right?! I said yes I do…. Lewis?!
View attachment 311851
No way!! Don’t like the guy but that’s freaking cool! The pic actually makes me feel better about him. Was he cool?

· Registered
819 Posts
No way!! Don’t like the guy but that’s freaking cool! The pic actually makes me feel better about him. Was he cool?
Lewis was incredible, super humble, wanted to talk cars and Porsches. If you don’t fanboy a guy like him, he wants to just talk about cars like all of us. I was a huge fan of him before and still am. He’s all class

· Premium Member
3,028 Posts
Lewis was incredible, super humble, wanted to talk cars and Porsches. If you don’t fanboy a guy like him, he wants to just talk about cars like all of us. I was a huge fan of him before and still am. He’s all class
Ok, I'll like him a little bit but still want George Russell to beat him at every race!

· Registered
235 Posts
That is fantastic to hear !

I totally get the dislike of Lewis and on occasion I have felt that way in the past.

If he could have kept his politics and some of the 'woe is me' attitude to himself and maybe a bit less whiney when things didn't go his way then maybe wouldn't have had some of the bad feeling towards him..

But he's won EIGHT* world championships - all of them one fair & square, no cheating or dirty tricks.

So to hear that despite the unimaginable success, the billions in the bank, and just about every toy he could ever possibly want; he's happy to chat GT4 roll cages with a stranger....is fantastic I think!

* yes 8.

· Registered
137 Posts
For those with Huracans, if you were in the market for your first Lambo, would you pay MSRP in this market for a 5 year old 580 or wait for prices to calm down? Cars seem to be "grass is always greener" once you get them so not sure if it's worth paying the premium in today's market.

· Registered
819 Posts
For those with Huracans, if you were in the market for your first Lambo, would you pay MSRP in this market for a 5 year old 580 or wait for prices to calm down? Cars seem to be "grass is always greener" once you get them so not sure if it's worth paying the premium in today's market.
Order new at msrp and wait, if you can’t wait buy an EVO close to MSRP

· Registered
137 Posts
Order new at msrp and wait, if you can’t wait buy an EVO close to MSRP
Dealer won't let me order Tecnica unless I have an existing Huracan or a high end AMG/M car to trade in.

Had an EVO RWD allocation at $268k then Tecnica came out and dealer cancelled it. Tecnica completely base is at $300k. With our new tax coming in Canada, the price difference is $45k so it's pretty significant otherwise that was my plan. A used Huracan with today's prices would be about $85k cheaper than a Tecnica next year

· Registered
819 Posts
Dealer won't let me order Tecnica unless I have an existing Huracan or a high end AMG/M car to trade in.

Had an EVO RWD allocation at $268k then Tecnica came out and dealer cancelled it. Tecnica completely base is at $300k. With our new tax coming in Canada, the price difference is $45k so it's pretty significant otherwise that was my plan. A used Huracan with today's prices would be about $85k cheaper than a Tecnica next year
Ouch. I would try to find the best deal you can before spring fever hits. I would go for an EVO with sport seats, drivers and lifestyle packs

· Administrator
4,453 Posts
would you rather have a car now? Or maybe in a few years? Life is short, buy the car now

· Registered
966 Posts

Considering the incoming tax implications, I'd buy the car now. I personally wouldn't pay another $85k + wait a year+ for a Tecnica. With that money you could completely customize your exterior, and do a conservative 1000whp TT build.

· Registered
17,388 Posts
For those with a Lamborghini in hand I would recommend waiting on an MSRP but if you want to break into the market and get into a Lamborghini badly I would suck it up and do the ADM and march on. When I was buying Porsches I was new to the Sports Cars and going from a 718 Cayman S as my first and only purchase to the GT cars would have taken to much time. Money was not a problem so, I decided to move right on up to a new 3RS and 2RS and the price of admission was an ADM.
Another valid point made by @2Tired, in September won't the hammer fall with the Luxury tax? If so, that is another reason to take the leap. Best of luck!

· Registered
303 Posts
I will say you make some sense but in 2025 most states are banning N/A engines and no productions will be made so what you see left of the Huracans / Lamborghini N/A may become collectibles .
so prices will stay north and remain or improve in my opinion . I don’t see it soften up only keep getting more expensive. I’m just happy to own one lol

· Premium Member
2,043 Posts
Selling cars at MSRP with hardly any allocations or used cars won't work for very long. I don't see waiting around for a car at MSRP as a viable option going into the future. I see ADMs becoming somewhat of a survival mechanism for dealerships. With so little used cars in inventory and the trickling in of allocations and deliveries. Dealers will have to do ADMs to stay in business - just my opinion.

· Registered
3,286 Posts
That's amazing for a man with 27.7 MILLION Insta followers.

I have been a huge #44 fan since I got into F1 even rooting for him against Ferrari when I actually had an F-car in the garage. His consistency over many years on different teams in different cars is remarkable. His Racecraft is sublime.

· Registered
283 Posts
Daily drove my 991 GT3 for 2 years lost $4K and that was 6 years ago. 580 is worth $40K more than I paid for it over 3 years ago.

Shrewd owners buy low and sell high. "Just Say No" to ADM's.
That $40,000 is actually closer to $5,000 when converted from nominal gain to real gain. At 10% inflation per annum, a car could depreciate at a somewhat normal historical rate in real dollars while at the exact same time appreciate in nominal dollars. Weird times we are in.

· Premium Member
2,043 Posts
That $40,000 is actually closer to $5,000 when converted from nominal gain to real gain. At 10% inflation per annum, a car could depreciate at a somewhat normal historical rate in real dollars while at the exact same time appreciate in nominal dollars. Weird times we are in.
I hear what you're saying but most look at it like I paid 200k for the car and four years later I sold it for 240k therefore I made 40k. If you really want to get technical; you could add fuel costs, interest (if any), maintenance, fees, mods, insurance and it would then most likely be a loss.

· Premium Member
3,028 Posts
I hear what you're saying but most look at it like I paid 200k for the car and four years later I sold it for 240k therefore I made 40k. If you really want to get technical; you could add fuel costs, interest (if any), maintenance, fees, mods, insurance and it would then most likely be a loss.
Good call. That’s why I turned my car in last year and have been riding a bike. Even though my old car has appreciated, not enough to cover insurance and gas and if I had gotten into an accident then that blows up the equation due to a reduced value. My electric bike has been fun but ready for my Lambo!

· Registered
283 Posts
Understood. It’s just that a $40,000 gain on say $250,000 during a three year period of 1-2% inflation per annum is markedly different than the same gain during a period of 8-10% inflation per annum.

21 - 40 of 2887 Posts