Lamborghini Talk banner

Huracan pricing bubble

101394 2458
I don’t know about anyone else, but these prices are getting out of control. Evos with 5k+ mileage asking for 350k plus?? Performantes in the high 300 low 400 range? 610s approaching 300? At some point this has to relax a little. I’m just some old guy venting that when he finally has enough to purchase the cars that the asking price keeps getting higher and higher.
2381 - 2400 of 2459 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
I feel bad for whomever bought an lp-580 for over sticker at the peak of the bubble. I assume the only reason they didn't step up to a significantly better EVO RWD is that cost was a consideration, which there's nothing wrong with. However, that also means that they couldn't afford to lose a ton on depreciation and well, with lp 580s trading for below MSRP used since pretty much the start of production, it made zero sense to buy that car over MSRP - and those things are correcting hard.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I feel bad for whomever bought an lp-580 for over sticker at the peak of the bubble. I assume the only reason they didn't step up to a significantly better EVO RWD is that cost was a consideration, which there's nothing wrong with. However, that also means that they couldn't afford to lose a ton on depreciation and well, with lp 580s trading for below MSRP used since pretty much the start of production, it made zero sense to buy that car over MSRP - and those things are correcting hard.
True, but if cars correct at a similar % off peak pricing, then the less you put in a car, the less you lose.

·
Registered
177 Posts
True, but if cars correct at a similar % off peak pricing, then the less you put in a car, the less you lose.
Logic is definitely sound but I guess if you have less ability to bear a loss in a first place, the % is what really hits you. I think in the end, you'll just end up having paid over MSRP for a car that will surely correct under it whereas the EVO would probably have better residuals considering it's the near-final iteration and better evolved (something like the 991.1 GT3 vs 991.2)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Logic is definitely sound but I guess if you have less ability to bear a loss in a first place, the % is what really hits you. I think in the end, you'll just end up having paid over MSRP for a car that will surely correct under it whereas the EVO would probably have better residuals considering it's the near-final iteration and better evolved (something like the 991.1 GT3 vs 991.2)
I think one would be better off to have overpaid for the 580 at peak pricing than an STO or an Ultimae at peak. I mean I rather buy a 250K condo than a $2.5M house into a real estate crash. Do get your point on someone getting into the market at the lowest price point having probably the least ability to take a hit.

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD, Daily 2021 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
2,761 Posts
I think one would be better off to have overpaid for the 580 at peak pricing than an STO or an Ultimae at peak. I mean I rather buy a 250K condo than a $2.5M house into a real estate crash. Do get your point on someone getting into the market at the lowest price point having probably the least ability to take a hit.
Exactly! I’d rather take a 20% hit on $200k than 10% hit on $500k!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Prices will come down, we all know it. Just a question of how much and how fast. If you are smart, you will hold your car(s) otherwise you are just adding to the supply. All these desirable new cars are sold out so if you dont flood the market with product values will hold. Problem is many people freak out and sell just like in the stock market and they make a small problem much bigger.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Huracans are definitely holding stronger than the 458’s. The 458’s are getting hit with some large price drops these past couple weeks. One was listed at 189,900 (no story) after coming down from high 190s and I asked the dealer to send me a contract for the best they could do. They sent me 189,900. That was a week ago. Today it’s now 179,900.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
The waiting game begins... Driving season is pretty is pretty much over, it snowed this morning.
My CV axle broke last week so it's unlikely I'll be back on the road even if the snow melts for a few days.
Work and save my money a little more every week. Let's see what happens over the next 5 months!
I removed the rear suspension, pulled the CV joint axle tonight and it's not it, there's something broken in the differential of my C7. No desire or energy to pull everything out in the evenings, I'll put it back together and bring it to a shop, my estimate is a minimum of 6K. I'm officially done for the year. I'll keep tabs on Huracans though.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle brake Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system

Automotive tire Rim Automotive wheel system Auto part Circle

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Differential not east to access on the vette? Chevy so I’d assume it fairly easy to get to and inspect. Sucks brutha, sorry that happened. Must have been an epic burnout or something fun!!!
Thank you for the encouragement, I do pulls here and there and take sharp turns on the highway ramps. :whistle: However I never abuse my car and I never dared to take traction control off. Thinking back there might have been some play and putting a soler controller (known as pedal commander for lambo's) exacerbated the issue and over a period of time something wore out and broke?

I haven't checked how many things I have to remove to swap the diff out, then again I have 4-5 months before next spring, hmm I'll take a deeper look. One thing I know now I couldn't believe how easy the bolts were to remove! I'm used to getting peeved by fixing my trucks with rusty bolts that are seized, that shear off, rust flying in your eyes and components heavily corroded by salt that are impossible to remove or repair.

·
Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,401 Posts
What's funny to me is when we were at the peak of the bubble, all the people who were claiming that all these cars would continue to appreciate and never come back down, convincing soooooo many people that they should buy as investments or that they were getting great deals. Comments like mine that were similar to this thread was shot down like they were stupid.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What's funny to me is when we were at the peak of the bubble, all the people who were claiming that all these cars would continue to appreciate and never come back down, convincing soooooo many people that they should buy as investments or that they were getting great deals. Comments like mine that were similar to this thread was shot down like they were stupid.

...and that was just April, it hasn't even been 6 full months.

·
Registered
740 Posts
That’s what bubbles are like. People get sucked in and add the fact that many here are huge fans of the brand, you’re going to be hammered if you take an opposing view.

·
Administrator
4,303 Posts
Yup. Was of course obvious these would come down. Just checked our texts and 6/7 I said a year till we see prices go back to normal. Might not be 100% right but I am thinking I’ll be close if markets continue how they have been.

2381 - 2400 of 2459 Posts