Lamborghini Talk banner

Huracan pricing bubble

127289 Views 2890 Replies 105 Participants Last post by  Huracaan
I don’t know about anyone else, but these prices are getting out of control. Evos with 5k+ mileage asking for 350k plus?? Performantes in the high 300 low 400 range? 610s approaching 300? At some point this has to relax a little. I’m just some old guy venting that when he finally has enough to purchase the cars that the asking price keeps getting higher and higher.
1 - 20 of 177 Posts

· Registered
612 Posts
Oldest trick by dealers is selling cars between each other and keeping prices high. So many SVJ's sitting on the market have been flipped between various dealers, same with the STO's.
This tactic was used with masks and Covid test kits during the pandemic between hedge funds. They’d just trade at 10% profit between each other until it was time to sell to the retail market (hospitals and businesses). Doesn’t surprise me it’s happening in the exotic car market too.

· Registered
612 Posts
The Number of huracan listings on Autotrader, as of the writing of this post, have increased to 368 (USA - Nationwide). 3 of them are right under $200k. 2 of those 3 are salvage titles. The non salvage has just under 100k miles, and we’re talking barely under.

several have price reduction flags.

· Registered
612 Posts
May 14th I noted 355 USA nationwide huracans on the market. As of today there are 386 now on the market nationwide (USA).

We know dealers don’t take their listings down when sold but assuming 355 were all dealers with stagnant inventory (obv not true), we’ve seen another 31 hit the market.

· Registered
612 Posts
As a prospective / hopeful buyer, I would not want Huracan prices to “crash”. That would decrease the brand’s exclusivity and prestige IMO. Similar to how BMWs/Mercedes were a symbol of luxury in the 80s. Today, any 18 year old can go lease one for $300/month. You can buy a used 7 series for $15k.

It would just be nice if 6 year old used Huracans weren’t selling for close to a brand new EVO or Tecnica . You feel like you’re getting ripped off big time and it’s crappy feeling. 10-15% below MSRP would be great but one can dream.
Mercedes, bmw, Lexus all mass produced lower tier models at lower prices to capture the middle class market and drive their prices down. Their leases are usually 600+/mo even for base models. However they market low leases because of putting 4-6k down on the lease, but in reality it’s closer to that $600 mark.

if Lamborghini wanted to go this route, I feel they would’ve started with the Urus and made it the new Range Rover for middle class moms.

· Registered
612 Posts
Yup,… It's a brilliant business plan to keep selling the same model because there's litereally no R&D costs and you're padding your profits but it's bad for brand exclusivity.
Like an iPhone! People line up to pay for basically the same product every release, just has a different name and maybe 1 attribute change that’s not even game changing.

· Registered
612 Posts
When Porsche released the Taycan, did their NA engine vehicles go up in price? Legit asking, I don’t know much about Porsche as I’ve never been a fan. The max I know about a Porsche is from doing their test track experience in California last month for a company outing. Was fun to drift and hit black ice on a simulation pad. Track was too small to get any good speed. I screamed “oh ****” when launching the Taycan on their almost 1/4 mile straight away. However, I enjoyed the 911 turbo S more than the Taycan.

· Registered
612 Posts
Theres 136 Huracans on cars.com and almost 30% (28.7 to be exact) have had price reductions recently. The pricing bubble will collapse in less than 6 months as Technica becomes the latest/greatest.

600LT’s Spiders are almost in the high 100k’s…
I see that there are 198 on cars.com. To keep it consistent on what we’re seeing, everyone make sure to search only “Lamborghini” “huracan” “nationwide distance from my zip” and no other filters. Unless you are going to break it down further, like model, drive type, convertible/coupe, etc..

USA Numbers:

cars.com = 198 Huracans
Cargurus = 368 Huracans (down from last week)
AutoTrader = 381 Huracans

· Registered
612 Posts

· Registered
612 Posts
Every time I’ve called a dealer to negotiate pricing, they always say price is firm. I’ll make an offer 2-5k below their list price and they say no... Based on my experience, they must be selling for very close, if not at, list price.

· Registered
612 Posts
I mean the prices are very high but no one can tell about the market. It’s like reading into a crystal ball
That’s why we monitor on this thread. I personally look daily, mainly car gurus because it gives me the days on market and if there’s been a price drop. There is a higher than usual inventory and more price drops than we’ve seen in a while.

Good stuff here! Welcome to the forums

· Registered
612 Posts
1 - 20 of 177 Posts