Lamborghini Talk banner

Huracan pricing bubble

127289 Views 2890 Replies 105 Participants Last post by  Huracaan
I don’t know about anyone else, but these prices are getting out of control. Evos with 5k+ mileage asking for 350k plus?? Performantes in the high 300 low 400 range? 610s approaching 300? At some point this has to relax a little. I’m just some old guy venting that when he finally has enough to purchase the cars that the asking price keeps getting higher and higher.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
400 Posts
I don’t know about anyone else, but these prices are getting out of control. Evos with 5k+ mileage asking for 350k plus?? Performantes in the high 300 low 400 range? 610s approaching 300? At some point this has to relax a little. I’m just some old guy venting that when he finally has enough to purchase the cars that the asking price keeps getting higher and higher.
I'm right there with ya...

· Registered
400 Posts
You beat me to it, I was just about to post the numbers. It will be very interesting to see how many more cars will be for sale mid September and October.

I've also started to toy with the idea of another brand, if it wasn't for the unthrilling engine noise I would go for these 570s. These 2 are so damn sexy. The interior colors of the zebra one is wow. I think I'll start really checking into the mechanical reliability.

View attachment 316744

View attachment 316748

View attachment 316745

View attachment 316746

View attachment 316747
That zebra one is Sexy!! What are they asking?

· Registered
400 Posts
I am not sure it pisses people off but it's disappointing to see "enthusiasts" rejoicing the downward trend. As was mentioned by another forum member, the market will do what the market will do, but I get the gestalt, as the refrain of the beatles song suggests "with a little help from my friends".
Googles gestalt…😆

· Registered
400 Posts
Hopefully a sign that dealers are starting to come to their senses. This R8 I was interested in a few weeks ago was at $199k and they pretty much told me to F off when I tried to negotiate $10k. Now they're reconsidering

My local boutique dealer just dropped $100k off a 2020 SVJ this week, from $1.1m to $1m. Keep it coming!

· Registered
400 Posts
Most of them, I'm sure. Just better for the overall picture to track each site simultaneously, to compare against the same sites each time, instead of confusing which sites people are pulling numbers from in conversation.
I agree, these are good data points - keep 'em coming! It's only going to increase.

· Registered
400 Posts
Nah, the current markup including taxes on a base spec Arancio is aprox 86K, (Total 332K) no hell no. These dealers will be sitting with these for the next +-7 months and I am patient to see if they hold. It would make no sense to over pay now and park it for over winter months then find out they drop them in February.

On a side note to describe our situation, autumn has just begun up here, today people had their coats on and tonight it'll be 7C above freezing. Sure it'll be super warm in the next few days but the decline in temperature and daylight is quickly on the downslope now. Enjoying weekend road trips is almost at an end too.
When do the polar bears start roaming the streets?!

· Registered
400 Posts
One thing I don’t like about their bid process is that whatever you bid, it goes 100% to that. If the previous guy bid 80k max and you bid 100k, it goes to 100k vs 81k.
I see you're bidding on it - hope you win!! Some very nice mods and a beautiful wrap on her...

· Registered
400 Posts
I had hopes in in 5 week(February) in the dead of winter prices would start to decline but still zero signs of movement now. I'm beginning to think they'll want to keep prices maxed out until the new generation or cars become readily available. Seems like all this talk about floor plan loans and dealers having difficulty I see on youtube doesn't really apply to these ultra luxury car dealers. Looks like they have plenty of cash to wait it out for a very long time.
I think you're likely correct that they can play the longer waiting game.
Just curious - how pricey / realistic is it to purchase a US car and import it to Canada? I saw a lovely AB Huracan for sale that's right in your price range (less than $200K USD) but unsure if it's worth the hassle (or potential expense) to take it up there.

· Registered
400 Posts
I posted in October(Link below) the costs of importation of an H at 229K USD and it's not possible. Our money is worth nothing and it would amount to 386K CAD.

Holy crap, I knew the Fx rate was terrible but didn't realize Trudeau screwed you guys so bad on the import process. Oh well!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts