Lamborghini Talk banner

Huracan pricing bubble

127269 Views 2890 Replies 105 Participants Last post by  Huracaan
I don’t know about anyone else, but these prices are getting out of control. Evos with 5k+ mileage asking for 350k plus?? Performantes in the high 300 low 400 range? 610s approaching 300? At some point this has to relax a little. I’m just some old guy venting that when he finally has enough to purchase the cars that the asking price keeps getting higher and higher.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

· Registered
3,519 Posts
I am NOT an economist, but it’s nearly impossible to see how housing would drop anything like it did in 2008. The fundamentals are far different. I wish this chart was indexed for households. By any measure, the last decade saw a housing deficit of around 4-5M homes. There‘s no available slack in housing. The supply/demand dynamic is markedly different than 2008.

View attachment 313102
The market is decidedly different.
We now have 9% inflation, a world wide pandemic, WW3 starting, world starvation, 6% interest rates going to 10% asap, feds liquidating $5 trillion in assets, $30 trillion national debt, China going to invade Taiwan, 2 million more illegals, rule of law being ignored, Kardashian show might not get renewed, WE NEED A BIGGER BOAT

PS
I think the liberal created doomsday clock is broken. Nice huh?

· Registered
3,519 Posts
Just thought of something for the bubble in Canada, would the Luxury tax whose still being heavily pushed, persuade buyers to frantically try to get a car before the tax goes into effect?

Just read an article and it says :

The tax will also apply to improvements or aftermarket modifications made at the time of sale — and will be added to the final sale price for the purposes of calculating GST and applicable provincial sales taxes.
I’d place all of your politicians in jail.
That’s like paying taxes on a new home purchase and then being taxed for getting the walls repainted.
Fd up

· Registered
3,519 Posts
You guys are also forgetting the fact that the US government has given everyone that’s not paying taxes, trillions in free money. Heck even California was scammed out of a billion from foreigners.
A dish washer or bus boy now makes $30per hour. That’s almost $60k per year. Everything is going up, except Main Street portfolios.
Just for Q1 in the US, savings dropped to $1 trillion from the prior Q of $1.45 trillion. Heck at that pace, half of America will be in breadlines by Xmas.

· Registered
3,519 Posts
Let me ask you guys this question :
As a potential buyer, who doesn't have an over abundance of cash, would you sincerely over pay right now to get into a preowned car?
Based throughout out the forum, 4-5 of us are waiting for prices to drop to purchase this model.
The first thing my dad taught me about buying a new car… the second you drive the car off the lot, you have just lost 5-10% off the value of the car. (Under normal circumstances)

if you are not concerned about depreciation or resale, then buy it when you can fiscally handle it.

I bought my Murci roadster for its stunning looks, performance, but most importantly… I listened to the experts. They were predicting the pricing of murci’s had bottomed out and that they would follow the price curve of the Diablo. They were right 😎

granted I’ve always like collecting, exotics were new to me. Yes there was a modest risk of depreciation, but the enjoyment factor would absolutely be worth it.

ps
1 lambo isn’t a collection… so with that, does anyone have a Diablo or Diablo roadster they want to sell? Lol

· Registered
3,519 Posts
what’s your prediction on Huracan prices ? It seems like experts are on the fence if they will hold their value as they are the last of the NA engines while others say they will drop hard due to the over supply and looming recession
To be honest, previous economic hardships haven’t really effected exotic pricing. That’s based on my observations.(panic selling does happen and will present great opportunities).

There are overheated sectors in the exotic market… SVJs, Murci manuals, new orders over MSRP, etc. those price points however, are from very wealthy individuals. So a recession means squat to them, unless they are highly leveraged to the economy or are reckless with their wealth strategies.

It’s my belief that the low end markets will be effected the most and will slightly feather its effects upward.

that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

· Registered
3,519 Posts
From here on we are different territory like when we went ice engines from horses.
..Did horse prices go up?
Now will buyers embrace hybrid exotics?
Yes ..maybe ...or will they stick to the old school v10.. 12 ..v8.
Its a crap shoot .
Did E readers effect the pricing of collectible comic books?

one things for sure…technology continues to advance, but how it effects the human psyche is an exercise in futility…

“the psyche /ˈsaɪki/ is the totality of the human mind, conscious and unconscious.[1] Many thinkers, including Carl Jung, also include in this definition the overlap and tension between the personal and the collective elements in man”

· Registered
3,519 Posts
Why don’t we put this insanely repetitive thread to rest and start a new one which is just ACTUAL transaction prices. That way we’ll see when anything changes. I mean, how many more times are we all gonna say the same exact thing??
EXACTLY

that’s why awhile ago, I laughed when diablos are being listed for $500k, but never sell for years. Eventually when a few sold, the sales prices were unknown.

Asking prices are NOT sales prices.
Asking prices are effectively a ‘suckers price’

· Registered
3,519 Posts
Something no one has taken into consideration is that out of 385 Huracans for sale on autotrader, only 17 are for sale by owner. Out of 168 Aventadors for sale, 0 are by owner. Prices aren’t changing any time soon as long as dealers are holding all the cars. That’s my opinion
I’m 100% sure, that when an owner car gets sold at an honorable price, it’s being scooped up by a dealer and thrown into long term storage.

· Registered
3,519 Posts
Not a H but this is the cheapest SVJ roadster I've seen in a while, only 5k miles and a very desirable spec...

$868,900.00
I see a 2019 SVJ for $670k currently for sale . Amazing the spread on SVJs.

· Registered
3,519 Posts
If you buy preowned go over the car with a fine tooth comb/due diligence. I have a feeling some of these preowned supercars are not treated all that well because people are of the mindset they will be trading out them in short order so, it will be someone else's problem.
Issues that have been discussed extensively on the forum like mileage rollback and mileage blockers are concerning.
As my dad always says… Drive it like a rental!

· Registered
3,519 Posts
The delirium of people saying high pricing should apply to a high volume car (relative to anything Lamborghini has ever made) always amuse me.

there’s a big, big difference between Miura, Countach, Diablo and Murcielagos. Number don’t lie. People do. Lol

· Registered
3,519 Posts
Query: how many of the huracan haters in here don’t and can’t have one, and use this constant bashing as a sort of release for that obvious unhappiness?

I don’t care how many times anyone says it. Huracan is not high volume and a Lamborghini is a Lamborghini. I’ve never driven mine and had someone give me a sad look about the pathetic high volume car I’m driving.
The Huracan is a great car. Volume or not, it’s a great car. Everything about it is superb… except one thing… the doors don’t go up. If it wasn’t for that one thing, I would be driving a Huracan instead of a Murci.

· Registered
3,519 Posts
Every time I’ve called a dealer to negotiate pricing, they always say price is firm. I’ll make an offer 2-5k below their list price and they say no... Based on my experience, they must be selling for very close, if not at, list price.
Really depends on if it’s a dealer owned car or if it’s being sold on consignment.
If it’s on consignment, I’d offer 10% below ask and say the offer is only good for 48hrs, contingent on PPI, cash offer for fast transaction.

if the seller needs cash today, they will take it. I know I would.

· Registered
3,519 Posts
Speaking of H slots I was offered a Sterrato slot today. Supposedly each dealer will be receiving 1-2 cars, possibly a Miami unveiling in Dec. I spoke with the GM at my dealer and he said there's not much buzz for the Sterrato, only the hardcore Lambo owners have inquired about it but no firm deposits.
What’s a sterrato? Has it been revealed?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts