Lamborghini Talk banner

Huracan pricing bubble

126972 Views 2886 Replies 105 Participants Last post by  Hogdogfatkat
I don’t know about anyone else, but these prices are getting out of control. Evos with 5k+ mileage asking for 350k plus?? Performantes in the high 300 low 400 range? 610s approaching 300? At some point this has to relax a little. I’m just some old guy venting that when he finally has enough to purchase the cars that the asking price keeps getting higher and higher.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,940 Posts
I don't see low mileage, clean Huracan's dipping below $200k up here in Canada. There's enough demand at this price point to keep prices steady.
Factor in that very soon they aren’t going to be making them anymore. Prices won’t be going down anytime soon.

Reactions: sicknss

· Registered
21,940 Posts
Yes it will end but I don't see it happening anytime soon, especially with exotics and their high demand.

· Registered
21,940 Posts
This is the end of an era of the ICE. I can see demand only getting stronger as we get closer to the ultimate end. A lot can happen between now and then so I guess we will just have to wait and see. I'm just hoping it lasts long enough so I can get the best price for my EVO if and when I sell it.

· Registered
21,940 Posts
That’s
Maybe for regular cars but not for Huracans, it's still climbing ridiculously. Even the ugly red car with the pudding interior is gone.
However there is one that just showed up yesterday for 220K because it was in an accident. With lack of details of the listing it's like putting a snake in your pants hoping it doesn't bite.

View attachment 313077
That’s what I think as well. The exotic car market is unique and might not be subject to the changes on the regular car market.

· Registered
21,940 Posts

· Registered
21,940 Posts
I really don’t see prices coming down any time soon
With supply chains continue to be broken(not just disrupted), with people who own these cars presently capitalizing on profits, with people who purchased high and want to protect their positions, with little market supply, and with people buying these cars at the high market price, with ICE slowly coming to an end, the market for these cars will continue to hold high market value and those praying and sitting on the sidelines will continue to pray and hope and tell their friends that they are going to buy…….just not now. But they will continue to wait on the market. At the end some will finally purchase, but most will not
All good points, and I completely agree that prices won't be back to normal for quite awhile. Most dealers simply do not have any inventory and buying a new car seems to be getting more and more difficult with so many limitations on allocations.

Reactions: sicknss

· Registered
21,940 Posts
Don't laugh, El Presidente Joey Biden may just make that happen or get us nuked by Russia because of his bumbling, inept, confused, disjointed foreign policy.
Muscle Gesture T-shirt Television program Technology

· Registered
21,940 Posts

· Registered
21,940 Posts
How big of hit am I going to take on a 2022-2023 EVO RWD MSRP $265k?
I bought my last 3 at MSRP and lost $40K after 2 years of ownership.

· Registered
21,940 Posts
Frankly I just think in a year or so things will have drifted back to normal.

Reactions: Luzifer and 2Tired

· Registered
21,940 Posts
Pay out of pocket and the answer is zero.
All depending on how extreme the damage. I hope it never happens to any of us and I am sure we have all had some close calls.

· Registered
21,940 Posts
Bubbles do not end in a soft landing, so if this is indeed one, it’ll be brutal. The key level is when these new cars approach sticker on the resale market and if that breaks then look out below. However, maybe the market will be more resilient than you and I think….entirely possible. We will find out then if all this demand is real.
We often forget that bubbles at some point always pop.

· Registered
21,940 Posts
Agree with everything except not interested in finding a new country. Let’s just get ours back on the right path.
Yes, same here. I love this country, but right now we have the wrong people in charge. November can’t come soon enough.

Reactions: Cadster and Rcasa20

· Registered
21,940 Posts
Even if the market and economic conditions are not due to this inept administration, it sure feels good to blame it on them.

Reactions: 2006m5 and Rcasa20

· Registered
21,940 Posts
I personally think the market will all depend on where the markets go in the coming months and how high the rates go.

The red flag for me is there's over 300 H's and Urus for sale at the moment. That's a lot of inventory so unless inventory rapidly decreases over the next month or two we could see the inventory increase as we head into fall and winter. Not a good sign for values.
Yes, that could put a wrinkle in things, prices are typically based on supply & demand.

· Registered
21,940 Posts

· Registered
21,940 Posts
I remember that guy, sure is interesting.

· Registered
21,940 Posts
Okay that does it. After all the claims, or fomenting if you will, I am convinced we are headed for a crash. I guess I will have pay someone to take my EVO off my hands............ :giggle:
I think by the time you get your STO, you will still be able to trade in your EVO at a premium. I was hoping to be able to sell mine before the bubble bursts. We all knew this would come to an end at some point.

· Registered
21,940 Posts
I just looked at Car Gurus, over 1000 lamborghinis and the prices are just stupid high. Based on the prices I saw my car would be listed at about $40K over MSRP. I guess we would have to see what they are actually selling for, but asking prices are nuts.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts