Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like prices on used Huracan's are relatively high. I have a 2017 610 Red Spyder with 7500 miles nicely equipped and was thinking about selling it or trading it in. Has anyone traded in theirs or sold one in the past few months? If so, what do you think a good price would be?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
It looks like prices on used Huracan's are relatively high. I have a 2017 610 Red Spyder with 7500 miles nicely equipped and was thinking about selling it or trading it in. Has anyone traded in theirs or sold one in the past few months? If so, what do you think a good price would be?
I traded mine in on my new one and got 10% more than I expected. However that was in January.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,677 Posts
Think of a fair pre-COVID price than add at least $30K and that should be about right............I kid you not.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Actually over the last couple months, inventory has been filling back up for sports cars as sellers like yourself are tempted back into the market to get top dollar. There are 2x the number of Performantes, EVO RWDs, LP 580s than there were at the very bottom. However, listed pricing hasn't come down much. Dealers are still asking up to $50k over MSRP for EVO RWDs but the difference is, they don't seem to be selling. Maybe all the stupid buyers have got their cars and the people who actually do their research and realize you can get a brand new one, specced to your taste for MSRP if you're willing to wait 8 months are now the ones that are left.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,677 Posts
Maybe all the stupid buyers have got their cars and the people who actually do their research and realize you can get a brand new one, specced to your taste for MSRP if you're willing to wait 8 months are now the ones that are left.
Hope you're right because the car market is a bit peculiar but in the end if you were in the car market before the inflation hit you did well. If you jumped in late you paid the price. I have to say I have benefitted from the inflation over my past two sales and three purchases, so I'm good. I doubt I will be able to sell my car back to a dealership for full MSRP again in my lifetime.
Though, maybe the buyers that overpaid a tad were mostly impatient and not necessarily stupid.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hope you're right because the car market is a bit peculiar but in the end if you were in the car market before the inflation hit you did well. If you jumped in late you paid the price. I have to say I have benefitted from the inflation over my past two sales and three purchases, so I'm good. I doubt I will be able to sell my car back to a dealership for full MSRP again in my lifetime.
Though, maybe the buyers that overpaid a tad were mostly impatient and not necessarily stupid.
Yes - don't mean to insult anyone. Just occurs to me that if you were a real enthusiast, you'd have either ordered the car new before the crazy inflation or ordered it now so you could have it be truly yours. Walking in off the street and being taken for a ride by the dealer just distorts the market for people who really want to buy a car used at a discount to get their foot in the door of ownership experience but are now priced out. Inflation has been good to me as well; not through cars as much but other investments and my job (financial services). I just know that out of control inflation rarely has a happy ending.....

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,677 Posts
@angry banker, I know you don't have a crystal ball but what would your guesstimate on when supply and demand will rebalance?

·
Registered
159 Posts
@angry banker, I know you don't have a crystal ball but what would your guesstimate on when supply and demand will rebalance?
I guess that depends by what we mean by supply / demand. Depending on what product we're talking, it's either more of a supply issue, more of a demand issue, or both. The chip shortage, which is impacting production is largely limited to more mass-produced, low margin cars rather than cars like Lamborghinis. So really, for the cars we're talking about, it's more of a pent-up demand thing for when production and buying activity were halted due to COVID and loose monetary and fiscal policy which pushed prices up. The first factor has largely ebbed as pent-up demand always does. However, low interest rates / loose monetary policy seeps into everything and causes asset inflation for longer. It's not a coincidence that asset prices took off in unison; the stock market, oil, lumber, bitcoin, real estate - so on and so forth. The balancing mechanism happens when people who own the assets look to capitalize on high prices and all return to the market, create a supply glut which then causes prices to mean-revert OR the Fed realizes that inflation isn't as transient as they've been trying to convince everyone and has to step in by tapering bond purchases and raising rates. The latter scenario is likely a late 2022 (tapering will begin before but not interest rate increases) or 2023 thing but you can already see sellers bringing assets back to markets in some cases. Real estate sales are slowing relative to listings, bitcoin has halved, inventory for some cars has gone up. Net-net, we've probably seen peak price come and go but economics will tell you prices are stickier downwards than upwards, so it'll take longer for it to come back to what in was in early 2020 than it did to get to early 2021 peak levels. That's just my .02, definitely don't have a crystal ball :)

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Just remember there's only so many Huracans Lambo can build and the V10 is gone in a few years so if people can't order new they'll buy used.I have yet to see Huracan prices collapse, I remember when the 580 came out everyone was saying the 610 was going to drop like crazy but it never happen.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just remember there's only so many Huracans Lambo can build and the V10 is gone in a few years so if people can't order new they'll buy used.I have yet to see Huracan prices collapse, I remember when the 580 came out everyone was saying the 610 was going to drop like crazy but it never happen.
no, I agree. there will never be a huracan price collapse. Perhaps even over a longer-term they will appreciate the way an air-cooled 911 has. just mean things like seeing used Huracans go for more than new when you can still order new (just have to wait a long time), which is a very recent thing.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
no, I agree. there will never be a huracan price collapse. Perhaps even over a longer-term they will appreciate the way an air-cooled 911 has. just mean things like seeing used Huracans go for more than new when you can still order new (just have to wait a long time), which is a very recent thing.
I agree with you on that, going over list will end eventually.

·
Registered
127 Posts
n
realistically, 230k USD on a sale sounds very reasonable (unless your spec has some impressive options). Trade in, I’d just ping a local Lambo dealer to get a a quote.

People are quick to paint every car with the same brush, but Huracan’s have always done very well in terms of resale value. There will be always be demand for this model as it’s a great looking car, the most affordable lambo, and it’s the most reliable Lambo ever.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,677 Posts
Real estate sales are slowing relative to listings, bitcoin has halved, inventory for some cars has gone up. Net-net, we've probably seen peak price come and go but economics will tell you prices are stickier downwards than upwards, so it'll take longer for it to come back to what in was in early 2020 than it did to get to early 2021 peak levels. That's just my .02, definitely don't have a crystal ball :)
Excellent analysis, appreciated. I think you have become our unofficial market prognosticator. ;)

Reactions: angry banker
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.