Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard many times in this and other forums that the virus times did not affect luxury auto sales much but it looks like quite the opposite.

I'm talking to many dealers and private sellers. For used huracans, prices drop by 10-20k after the second call, which is quite unusual. Is that because of effects corona or do you think the market is already over saturated?

It looks like after 1st of June this will get more crazy especially in Germany.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,548 Posts
We are not seeing it here in the USA, at least not yet. You mean the 1st of July?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm talking to many dealers and private sellers. For used huracans, prices drop by 10-20k after the second call
So are you saying there is a lot of pre-owned inventory at dealers and online sales websites?

Here in the US, inventory of good cars with good colors is LOW.

I’m in the market to buy but there are 0 cars available in the colors I seek.

·
Super Moderator
3,190 Posts
Guys- let's not forget that pretty much everywhere excep the US has expensive car prices. The US car pricing is VERY cheap. For example, in Puerto Rico, the tax is 40%. In Netherlands it is 60%. In parts of Asia it's 100% and so on. It makes sense it will hit those markets first as the cars are much much more expensive and difficult to afford in the first place.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I've heard many times in this and other forums that the virus times did not affect luxury auto sales much but it looks like quite the opposite.

I'm talking to many dealers and private sellers. For used huracans, prices drop by 10-20k after the second call, which is quite unusual. Is that because of effects corona or do you think the market is already over saturated?

Does it have something to do with the lowering of the VAT in Germany ?
In Switzerland, I see many H below 200k CHF now. Most with a milaeage above 25k km.

I wanted to trade in my 16'Spyder but the dealer offered me a horrible low price around 180k CHF (about equals to the USD) even my car only has around 4k mls on the ODO. On the other hand, the EVO RWD Spyder seems to be priced pretty low to gain more market share against its competitors. My dealer did say that Covid19 seems not to have an impact but inventory is full of cars and no much buyers are around today. From the economic side it would be very risky for me to buy an exotic today as there is still no increase in economics ahead and my business is still suffering. I believe this is the same with many other potential buyers. This is why the leasing bank that incorporates with Lamborghini in my country reduced the rate by 1%. Dunno if this will really will help in increasing sales.

·
Registered
56 Posts

Are you sure? Can you give me some examples (mobile.de) ?

At least in Munich demand is still high and the local dealer is selling even his used cars very fast. (but ofc Munich doesn't represent Germany .. everyone here is rich)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You mean the 1st of July?
Yes, sorry wrote June.

In Germany, they reduce the value added tax beginning July. For many used huracans this means there will be around 5k to 10k price drop automatically.

Are you sure? Can you give me some examples (mobile.de) ?
Currently there are around 130 Huracans on mobile.de and 100 of them are less than 15000 km (9k miles). That's just Germany.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wanted to trade in my 16'Spyder but the dealer offered me a horrible low price around 180k CHF
180k CHF is about 170k EUR, correct? I don't know the prices in Switzerland but for Germany these prices are not considered low anymore.

I just saw a 2017 spyder this week. less than 4000 km, sensonum and almost fully loaded. The dealer has many listed ones but that one was not even online. His asking price was around 170k EUR - similar to yours. It is one of the candidates I have right now.

At the same time I'm trying to understand the business model of the sellers a bit. Normally I'd expect the dealers to put every car online to be able to sell because many buyers are fixed on certain features or color. Currently whereever I go it is like 'yeah we have this also just arrived, we did not have time to put it online' and then show me two other huracans. This week one of the guys showed me the car he showed me in January as a 'new arrival', so it looks like that's how they commonly work.

I'd understand, like in game theory, if all the sellers acted as a single group and just limited the visible supply and offer the limited supply with increased prices, the local market prices would increase. That'd be a smart move but only works if everyone acts this way. With all the private sellers and dealers who need to move a car out quick. I'm not sure it can be done.

So for me there is something weird going on, I just can't make sense of it yet. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
180kCHF is about 162k Euro (devide by 1.1). Also we only have 7.7% VAT compared to the 19% in Germany (until eof June20). Importing a DE-car to my country is always a great deal :)

IMHO, the sellers try to keep up the high asking price but I believe you can talk them down. Especially the base colors like black or white. Others like my Blu LeMans or Giallo Tenerife are much higher advertised (16'Spyder for 236kCHF with 5'000km), but the yellow one is offered since >12 months and price even inreased the other weeks. And since an almost fully configured EVO RWD Spyder has a sticker of about 280kCHF here, then I believe people more like to order a new one than buying the older Spyder.

One note: When I sat a dealer and configured the new car, dealer offered me 180k but also wanted me to leave it there immediately so he can sell it for the summer time. This would mean I have no car until end of Summer and will receive the new one in March/April 21. This sounded wrong to me. Even more if I wanted to keep the car for the season then I could rent it from them for a low weekly rate. Very strange but it seems that there are people who like to do that.

@MPLC: If you are in the market and watching the prices are changing, then I'm sure you'd be able to talk them down to the price you think is fair to pay (not low balling). Waiting a lill longer may put even more stress on the sellers and they may lower the asking price even more. But then you may also wait until winter time as they will not sell much of exotics in these times :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe people more like to order a new one than buying the older Spyder
I have the impression people are doing neither :)

Here, two I was watching:
Blue spyder, it was 180.000, 2 weeks ago. Now at 172.000 EUR. 8.000 EUR drop already - https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?action=parkItem&id=300322713
Orange performante. was 223.000 beginning June, this week 209.00 EUR. 14.000 EUR drop already. https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?action=parkItem&id=299081478

Curious to see what happens in July. After the tax cuts of tomorrow, many German Huracans will drop by 5.000 to 9.000 EUR. Will this create a snowball effect? We'll find out soon.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Seems that the kept the price including the 17% VAT on the same level as with 19% before. The blue Spyder comes from Poland, the HP from Belgium. Really low prices ! When I'd import the blue Spyder to my country the car will be about 30-40k less than here. Not bad.

·
Premium Member
12,548 Posts
The Blu Lemans is way overpriced, and the HP is no bargain. At least based on the US market.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Hey Russk, this is not Blu Lemans, it's a metallic color and you know the Lemans is an uni color. Besides of that, the price is very good on our market for just around 5k miles. The lowest priced Spyder in my country is even higher than this one and it already has around 25k mls on the odo. And it's just black on black. A sister car of mine (and like your 610 was) with about 4k mls was advertised for 236k and sold for 229k. But it sat for at least a year at the dealers place.

Spoke again with my dealer as he sent me a final offer for the EVO RWD Spyder (including the AP color "verde ermes" for $$$) They increased the trade in price for my Spyder from 180k to 186k. Dealer says he don't want to make money out of my car and just want to sell it fast. This deal would definitely be a bad one for me.

·
Premium Member
12,548 Posts
It sure looks like Blu Lemans, but I couldn't read German (just noticed it said metallic)so I was guessing, lol. Verde Ermes is very rare color.
Trade in is where we get hurt. I could try to sell mine myself, but I don't have the time or the patience.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Canadian dealers are moving cars like crazy, even Heather was shocked at the amount of sales they've had despite the lock down. Inventory for clean Huracan's especially Performantes is low with prices holding steady.

·
Registered
78 Posts
And FWIW Lambo OC claims to be busier than ever in their history.
I 2nd that - I was there today and cars are moving! Even a few other dealers I know say the market seems hot and good cars are moving fast.

BTW, Where in OC are you? I am in mission viejo and just picked up a Perf. Let me know when you get yours!

·
Registered
78 Posts
They HAVE cars? Lol

When I drove through earlier last week, their lot was basically devoid of pre-owned Lambos.

I suppose they have all the new cars inside.
it was Mclaren day over there today - few 675s, 650s and 600s. There were 5 or so H’s outside and some r8s. I live 10 min from there so always swing by and give me an excuse to drive my cars :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Canadian dealers are moving cars like crazy
Wherever I go everyone says cars are sold like crazy, we haven't had this much sales, bla bla.

The thing is I'm keeping track of the ads and inventories when I go to dealers, including the prices.

And no, the ones I've personally seen aren't selling like crazy. To me they are not really selling at all. Same as the performante I've seen at a dealer end of December. Dealer told me in 2 weeks it will be gone. Yup, still there. According to what people write in forums performantes are rare and they are sold like hotcakes. Just doesn't match the reality I have.

There are also some funny ones. like this one at 13000 miles, it was available for 149k EUR a few weeks ago:

Then perhaps a dealer bought it even cheaper and increased the price to 165k. Looks like not much demand, reduced to 160k. Well, good luck with it:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts