Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post on this forum :wave:, wanted to inquire on what sort of prices I should expect when shopping for a Huracan. I'm seeing a lot of people say that the dealers are accepting 15k off or similar amounts.

The exact car in question is a black on black 2015 with 1k miles. Its list price is 260k. What would be a decent price to start negotiating on? Is 235-240 unreasonable?

Also, what are some issues to look out for or some options to ensure any potential purchase has? What should I expect depreciation wise? I owned a Maserati before so have a bitter experience with depreciation and hoping not to lose as much as I did with that. Is 50-60k over the next 4 years a good number to expect? I want to ensure that there are any bad surprises down the road.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw this post. Are the numbers being said off list price or MSRP? I think that black on black is a 280k msrp so would I ask for 15-25k off from MSRP or off List price?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I saw this post. Are the numbers being said off list price or MSRP? I think that black on black is a 280k msrp so would I ask for 15-25k off from MSRP or off List price?
Ask off of advertised/list price. The advertised/list price is THEIR start point for negotiations. Start lower than what you are willing to pay and try to work to get it below that. If a car is listed at $260k and you are willing to pay $245k but would like it for $235k, then start at $225k.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ask off of advertised/list price. The advertised/list price is THEIR start point for negotiations. Start lower than what you are willing to pay and try to work to get it below that. If a car is listed at $260k and you are willing to pay $245k but would like it for $235k, then start at $225k.
The 270k msrp are going for 235-245k? Starting negotiations at 50k off MSRP sounds a bit drastic, is this what you did?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,195 Posts
That's what I keep hearing, but I'll believe it when it happens to me. I've talked to 2 dealers and have been assured they cannot give me a discount at this time.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
The 270k msrp are going for 235-245k? Starting negotiations at 50k off MSRP sounds a bit drastic, is this what you did?
Hi danial9,
I'm sorry, I didn't see your post until now.
This is, basically, a used car. Sure it doesn't have many miles, but it is still a used car. As such, I would never use MSRP as a baseline. The dealer apparently has listed it a different price, and this price is HIS start point for negotiations. Don't allow them to turn the original MSRP into their start point. Your start should be lower than what you are willing to pay and you should try to work to that. I started following Huracan listing prices on Autotrader and can say that they are falling at a good clip. I don't think that this is "seasonal" but prices might stabilize a bit in the spring. Also, my data does not include the cars that are listed but no price given. In addition, dealers have many more Huracans in their inventory that they have not listed on any website (besides their own). These cars are also "Call for Price". This shows to me that they are sitting on much more stock than they want to and are afraid to advertise prices. Even as they try this, prices are still going down pretty fast. You should try to gauge your particular situation and bargain hard. I honestly think you can get a great deal right now and that you should never fall for the trap of using MSRP as a start. If the car that you are looking at is listed at $260k, then you should start negotiations at that price and you can ask much less. I can guarantee you that they paid the previous owner much less.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For options:
- Lift is very useful because the car is very low.
- Check if the car has variable steering. Some people do not like the feel of it.
- If the car has the glass engine cover option, make sure you can live with the reflection of the engine when you look in the rear mirror.

Sorry cannot help on price or depreciation, as I don't live in the US.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Suddenly, or else I've just noticed, there are a lot of Huracans going for 300 to 325. Last week even, it seemed there were some 290/s but most were around 260

Seriously what's the 100k difference between these two cars

2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4, $229,000 - Cars.com 2015, 1500 mi, 229k
And
2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4, $325,999 - Cars.com 2015, 1200 mi, 326k
It's hard to say without going into details about each car (and their histories), but there could be several reasons for the disparity in price: besides the condition of the vehicle itself...options, location, and desire of the dealership for a quick sale.
It's hard to justify the higher priced one, but options can be a big difference. For example, it appears to have matte paint and I think that is a $15k option. If it has other options and has some Ad Personum, it could make the car start off considerably higher.
The first car is also located in NY and with winter weather already on us, it is less likely for this car to sell so the price may be adjusted for that. The second car is in FL where winter weather might not have as much of an impact on sales.
Lastly, if the first car has some known issue or repair history, this might already be factored in the price. Notice in the Carfax that the first (lower priced) car has had its tires replaced in 5 months and 1300 miles...

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,195 Posts
Yes the Matte paint is an extra, but that car is incorrectly priced. There's no way it could be worth 85K more taking into consideration the matte paint.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Yes the Matte paint is an extra, but that car is incorrectly priced. There's no way it could be worth 85K more taking into consideration the matte paint.
I agree. I think the first car is priced lower than average and the second one is way overpriced. Maybe it's on consignment and that is what the owner wants to get, but I don't see anything that warrants that much of a premium.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts