Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Does anyone have any info regarding 2020 Huracan Performante having fading issues while on track?
With the lambo I am able to run 4-5 complete runs at Interlagos track, while with my Porsche Caymen GT$ I can up to 12 with no fading.
Lambo has Carbo-ceramic brakes while GT$ regular iron...
The same issue has happened with a friend, owner of a 2019 Huracan Performante and unfortunately he had a crash due to fading...
Both cars had its brake fluids changed before track, following strictly lambo's service manual...

·
Registered
Huracan Performante
1,051 Posts
Yes its common....if you push hard long enough...they fade
Most serious track day slayers change them to steel

·
Registered
778 Posts
I believe this but it’s not because of the brakes aren’t great or amazing, it’s because they don’t have enough airflow to cool the brakes down. If you look at some Porsche gt3rs, they have increased drag under the car on purpose to sacrifice for airflow to the brakes.

The huracan is great but lapping enough will fade fluid. Happens Allday long with getting brake fade on track pack mclarens. Possibly because of individual corner braking for traction control, I’ve seen them chew up tires quickly because of this on certain heavy left or right tracks.

Tradeoffs are life lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
One of the things i did before going to the track was to have my shop change the fluid out to a higher performance fluid and i do this annually.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts