Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I Kerbed my front wheel and need to get it repaired - the workshop needs 4 days.
Rather than leave the car at the wheel place I’d rather hack up the car and just send the wheel off.

So I wondered if anyone has left their car on jack stands (front right wheel). I can see the jacking point, but not sure how you go from lifting the car up to leaving it safely on stands for the front wheel?

thanks.

many advice (especially with pictures) would be very helpful

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
You can place jackstand with flat surface on the jackpoint area. Basically once you have jacked up the car, place jackstand next to the jackpoint. Any areas behind the wheel is OK.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I used a block of wood and a floor jack to get the car up enough to get the wheel off. Just left it on the floor jack for a couple of days. It worked for me. I didn't want jack it up high enough to put a jack stand under it. They make jack stands with rubber pads.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. So to clarify I can have a jack and jack stand both places in the circled area?
You can place jackstand with flat surface on the jackpoint area. Basically once you have jacked up the car, place jackstand next to the jackpoint. Any areas behind the wheel is OK.
Thanks. So to clarify I can have a jack and jack stand both placed at the same time next to each other in the circled area?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your help chaps. Jacking up the rear lifted the front sufficiently to get the low-level jack stand in.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm not sure why they didn't put a jack point on the middle side of the car like the R8s have. The R8s have a notch there, and you can buy an aluminum puck to put on top of your jack that fits into it perfectly, and then easily raise that entire side of the car and put jack stands under it if you like.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,032 Posts
I was going to ask what kind of a repair takes 4 days and then I saw the rim, looks like it caught a curb. That must have hurt, been there myself.

·
Registered
548 Posts
First I read the workshop needs 4 days and wondered why so long? Then is saw the photo of the wheel in post #6, looks like some bad curb rash.

FYI, my wheel shop takes 1 hour per rim and charges less than $150. Hope yours gets fixed back to normal.

I end up parking my H over 2 feet away from the curb I'm so paranoid about curbing the rim knock on wood hasn't happened yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yeah it seems a long time and I asked them why.
They first put it in a solution overnight to strip off the paint, then sand blast it to remove imperfections to get it down to the bare wheel. Then they repair it by filling in any damaged areas, then smooth it. Then it gets powder coated (gloss black) and I believe baked. After this the tyre is put back on and the wheel balanced. Phew quite a process!!! They have promised it will be as good as factory. Let’s see.

it’s the first time in my life I’ve Kerbed a wheel. It was during a 2,500 mile road trip at the very end of day 3- a day that took us through the Italian lakes, the Swiss alps and the German autobahn. It happened pulling into the car park after a 14 hour day. 😣. Pic below is Grimselpass, just before heading to Furka pass (Goldfinger chase filmed there) all on previous day sorry to digress!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yeah it seems a long time and I asked them why.
They first put it in a solution overnight to strip off the paint, then sand blast it to remove imperfections to get it down to the bare wheel. Then they repair it by filling in any damaged areas, then smooth it. Then it gets powder coated (gloss black) and I believe baked. After this the tyre is put back on and the wheel balanced. Phew quite a process!!! They have promised it will be as good as factory. Let’s see.

it’s the first time in my life I’ve Kerbed a wheel. It was during a 2,500 mile road trip at the very end of day 3- a day that took us through the Italian lakes, the Swiss alps and the German autobahn. It happened pulling into the car park after a 14 hour day. 😣. Pic below is Grimselpass, just before heading to Furka pass (Goldfinger chase filmed there) all on previous day sorry to digress!
View attachment 287204
View attachment 287206
That is a lengthy process necessary for that degree of rim damage I suppose. Some of those roads in Europe are super narrow, you and your friends must be pros at negotiating tight driving situations.

Beautiful pics of the Alps, I'm jelly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts