Lamborghini Talk banner

Huracan odd quirk?

1027 Views 22 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  GoPGgo
When turning at max turning radius low speeds, there's almost this "rubbing" or locking feel. When driving normally or not turning the wheel at max turning radius its perfectly fine. I'm assuming this might be just AWD models or maybe just the early ones?
I've talked to the dealer and a ex GM and they've told me its normal, it would happen all the time when turning Huracans around the showroom, and that its nothing to worry about.

I know its not just my car since ive test driven one before and that did it too, but maybe its a coincidence? Or is this a normal quirk that Huracans have at max turning radius
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
203 Posts
My Huracan does the same thing as you describe. I've looked and everything appears to be fine. I also have a lexus Rcf and it does the same thing, I think we're ok.
Hail to the F cars! What year is your RCF?!
I have a '12 ISF , (1 of 568) that I've owned since 2014. BEAST of a car and never plan to let it go!
Where are you from/live?!

V.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

· Registered
1,851 Posts
Blu you have awd ?
If yes it’s normal…the r8 does this also …skipping effect.
My R8 does it my corvette did it even though it was RWD and also the Nissan GTR does it.
I don’t recall this on the Huracan EVO RWD.

· Registered
22 Posts
Hail to the F cars! What year is your RCF?!
I have a '12 ISF , (1 of 568) that I've owned since 2014. BEAST of a car and never plan to let it go!
Where are you from/live?!

V.
Hello, I also had a 2008 ISF for 8 years and these out of towners hit it and totalled it. I also said I was taking that car to the grave, what a great car. It was also blue. The RCF is a blue 2015 great car as well. F vehicles are awsome. I'll looking for another blue ISF. I live in northern California, how about you?

· Registered
203 Posts
Uh oh. Getting side tracked.
I have a LC.
Wonder vehicle too, lol. As I've stated before, I wouldn't be here with the Huracan if Lexus would've released the Twin Turbo V8/ LCF. Would've been plenty satisfied with it.
Hello, I also had a 2008 ISF for 8 years and these out of towners hit it and totalled it. I also said I was taking that car to the grave, what a great car. It was also blue. The RCF is a blue 2015 great car as well. F vehicles are awsome. I'll looking for another blue ISF. I live in northern California, how about you?
Sucks about the ISF. Cars are so "under the radar". So well rounded. Mine is full bolt on, tune, lightweight pullies, etc etc. Not much besides full blown super/hyper cars get away from it.
Join us this Aug for the 5th Annual "F The Dragon"! AWESOME event where we'll have 25-30 F's ripping the mountains of NC/TN apart! There's a few coming from Cali, TX, & FL as well. Worth the trip!
I'm from NC btw.

And on the the topic, my F definitely "skips" when turning hard in the cold. The rare few times I've driven it under 40 degrees is when I noticed it. Weird feeling. I chalked it up to the summer tires (which aren't supposed to be driven/used under 40 deg anyhow.

V.

· Registered
1,731 Posts
My 2018 huracan performante does the same thing and It's perfectly normal, although it does make you cringe a bit..
I myself avoid tight turns going slow, For example in a parking lot I'd rather make a 2-point turn instead.
When I got the Vette the car was literally skipping on tight turns getting out of the driveway. I no longer buy such sticky tires as they wore out in a single summer and it was damn expensive at 2K for 4 months of use so now I buy non run flats, they are less sticky, last a lot longer and no more skipping or binding.

· Registered
76 Posts
When I got the Vette the car was literally skipping on tight turns getting out of the driveway. I no longer buy such sticky tires as they wore out in a single summer and it was damn expensive at 2K for 4 months of use so now I buy non run flats, they are less sticky, last a lot longer and no more skipping or binding.
Run flats?? Yikes!!! That's what I run on my 640i BMW... But then again I don't hot rod the BMW. I understand your point having your tires last longer but you wouldn't catch me dead with anything other than the P-Zero pirelli's that It came with... Love the way my car corners with those tires I don't care how many I go through as foolish as that may sound.. Good luck brother.

· Registered
2020 Huracan Evo with Heffner Twin Turbo
142 Posts
Well I’m gonna go against all the advice and give you my fresh learning experience. I did a 1/4 mile and had noticed a fair ‘skip’ off the line with my traction - I’ve got twin turbo’s so am putting a fair amount of power down. No big deal as the car drove well for the next year - except I had this rubbing/locking thing start happening. I say start because I have a junky turn out of my garage and know that before the 1/4 mile I had no apparent rubs or snatches coming out. Afterwards it was everytime - always a slow speed but normal turns and high speeds zero issues. Backing up was a bit more pronounced but livable.
Took to Lamborghini Broward and the sales guy and technician said this is is normal. It’s the AWD affect and I argued that it did NOT happen before the tire skip.
So fast forward to me bringing the car back to Heffner Performance who did the TT’s and I told him. He said it should be normal as well - then called me once they actually checked it out. My tires had a locked differential - and basically the difference between fixing a locked differential or replacing a differential is just the cost of the differential, as you need A LOT of man hours. Dealers do not want to touch this with a pole - and I ended up replacing the differential with a sportier one, and paid it all out of pocket. Which is fair because I’m boosting things. That’s my rant!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts