Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed after recording with the gopro that the leds flicker, which doesn't look good. What would be the right anti flicker frequency 60hz or 50hz for go pro?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Oh, boy, LED's. You may be more easily served by placing a small capacitor across the leads to the light. It may smooth out the delivery of power to the LED's, taking them from pulses to smooth lower-peak, but close-overall flow. I suspect that on braking, they go full pulse width, so they won't flicker.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Can you see the flickering with your eye or just when watching playback on go pro? Seems like anytime I watch a video playback the lights appear to flicker if they are LEDs.
I think your asking about what setting to use on the go pro right? I'm no help.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yes, he's asking if a different scan rate of the optical sensor of the camera will fight the flicker or eliminate it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Often, a camera opens and shuts its motion capturing shutter a little bit faster than the speed of a flickering LED. ... When the frequency of the camera's frame rate per second (FPS) and the LEDs don't quite match, the flicker becomes visible on the camera screen.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You can use video editing software to fix it. I use Davinci Resolve its easier to use than Adobe and free. There is nothing wrong with your lights.
As you know the Lambo uses Audi control systems and it uses a pulse modulated signal to most of their lights.
The pulse is hard on regular bulbs but leds has no lasting effect.
We use to see a lot of burnt bulbs at the dealer and some only lasting a year or two that was until they went to leds.
A pulse signal is great for having a module run your lights and it can tell you when one is out.
Also you can short it with a screwdriver across the contacts and it wont ark but the bad thing is on certain cars it messes with the whole car if you put a led bulb where a regular bulb was.
I put in leds on my Pontiac and I lost cruise control and transmission torque converter lockup. I got many codes in the system.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Often, a camera opens and shuts its motion capturing shutter a little bit faster than the speed of a flickering LED. ... When the frequency of the camera's frame rate per second (FPS) and the LEDs don't quite match, the flicker becomes visible on the camera screen.
I wonder if the camera's scanning would slow down by the simple act of putting a neutral filter over the lens?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts