Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that when use lose the huracan key it costs about 3k USD to replace them. Never lost one but I'm quite surprised. Anybody replaced the keys so far?

·
Vendor
1,648 Posts
Retail price from dealer is about $900 plus programming which is usually an hour. I sell them for around $750 shipped

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,677 Posts
I had no idea the key was so expensive. I will keep AMHParts in mind if I should be so unfortunate as to loss a key.

Reactions: AMHParts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Retail price from dealer is about $900 plus programming
Does this include also swapping the physical key? The insurance agent told me if keys are lost and some time later car is stolen, I'd run into a lot of issues if the physical key is not swapped with a new one. So coding a new electronic one isn't sufficient. Might it be the reason of the 3000 $ price tag?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Your talking about re-keying the entire car to a different set of keys. Your insurance agent is a bit over-zealous. I've managed valet parking operations for over 30 years. Purchased plenty of keys. Never been required to re-key a car. Thats just not a reasonable request.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
If you can even get a new one, read there are big shortages of key fobs because of the chips in them. Also read some new cars are only coming with one key and you will get the second one at a later date. I have my extra key in my safe deposit box :)

• Wow
Reactions: Luzifer

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
No, Lamborghini is a much better key

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
If you can even get a new one, read there are big shortages of key fobs because of the chips in them. Also read some new cars are only coming with one key and you will get the second one at a later date. I have my extra key in my safe deposit box :)
Bingo! I also have a 3rd plastic valet key locked up.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I heard that when use lose the huracan key it costs about 3k USD to replace them. Never lost one but I'm quite surprised. Anybody replaced the keys so far?
If you think that's an expensive key, the earlier year Murci's are even worse if you lose your keys, alarm unit dies, fuel pump cut off dies, etc. and you don't have a little credit card sized plastic card with a PIN number on it to allow replacing a component. You end up having to replace everything for what was $4-5k several years ago when I learned about this card and that the prior owner had not provided it with the car; probably even worse now. :-(.

·
Vendor
1,648 Posts
The existing key can always be recoded and if you lost one the dealer programming can make that one insufficient and not start the car. If you wanted to replace the entire keys kit they run $1250.00 retail price from dealer and comes with door and glovebox lock cylinders.

·
Vendor
1,648 Posts
The early Murcielago if you lose the pin and your remotes, most of the time they have the info on file at the factory. If not, you can replace the MED controller assembly and comes with new remotes with new pin card for $1825.00 retail from dealer.
Always cheaper through me though!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts