Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am a new member with a Huracan LP580 2 (2017). I have had the car for about six months and love it, just like my previous Gallardo's. I had a problem with my fuel filler cap last month, it just refused to open. Fortunately, I was topping off the tank and still had about 5/8ths left. I contacted Lamborghini Bristol and they arranged for a mechanic to come and look at the car. He managed to get the cap open, but it only worked a few times before it stopped again. Lamborghini wanted to send a driver to collect my car and drive it back to the dealership, a 200 mile round trip. I was not having any of it, 200 miles is 200 miles and not on my expense account! They agreed to send covered transport, so the car was duly hauled back to Bristol (UK) for the repair. The car was out of action for about 10 days. Just before they returned the car they contacted me to say that the rubber boots on the front shocks had split, and invited me to pay £10,000 to fix it! Lamborghini stated that the boots were not a warrantable item and declined to cover the repair! After having completed just 1,200 miles in 4 months, and after having the full warranty inspection process, which I understand is supposed to cover just about everything in minute detail. I was advised that the entire shock absorbers needed replacement, as the boots were not available as a spare part. So two shocks at about £4,000 each plus labour and then 20% sales tax. I contacted some independent service agents, who told me that they had never replaced the boots on any recent Lamborghini. With a car with just 10K on the clock, kept in cossetted conditions, it’s outrageous to say that they should have split. One split possibly, but both at the same time? As a kid I can remember replacing CV joint boots on old British Leyland Mini’s, that had covered 80K before failure and they were really stressed left right up and down. I explained to the dealership that I would not pay for the repair, and that I was in sensed to the point of taking legal action, aside of leaving a shed load of negative reviews. The dealership contacted me back to say that Lamborghini still refused to replace the shocks, but that the dealership would replace them free of charge as a good will measure. I am left wondering exactly what the Lamborghini warranty really covers??? As to who is actually covering what for the repairs, is an interesting question, have Lambo thrown in the parts and are the dealership just installing them? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

On a totally separate point I went for a run of about 130 miles today, about half on dual carriageways, I had changed my dash display and not having run the car in Strada for a number of miles spotted what looks like a white piston and con rod appear and disappear on the dash. Am I correct in assuming that this is just a notification of a switch to single bank operation and not a notification of a problem, only I cannot recollect seeing this icon appear before, weird?

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Oh man. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I’d be frustrated too. Hopefully guys with more experience than me can offer some guidance.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,446 Posts
"On a totally separate point I went for a run of about 130 miles today, about half on dual carriageways, I had changed my dash display and not having run the car in Strada for a number of miles spotted what looks like a white piston and con rod appear and disappear on the dash. Am I correct in assuming that this is just a notification of a switch to single bank operation and not a notification of a problem, only I cannot recollect seeing this icon appear before, weird? "

That is normal. It just indicates cylinder deactivation. I think it only works when in Strada mode. When mine did that I freaked out.

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"On a totally separate point I went for a run of about 130 miles today, about half on dual carriageways, I had changed my dash display and not having run the car in Strada for a number of miles spotted what looks like a white piston and con rod appear and disappear on the dash. Am I correct in assuming that this is just a notification of a switch to single bank operation and not a notification of a problem, only I cannot recollect seeing this icon appear before, weird? "

That is normal. It just indicates cylinder deactivation. I think it only works when in Strada mode. When mine did that I freaked out.
I eventually found the symbol in the handbook, but it was a pair of pistons and con rods in a V, one was greyed out where as on my dash it was just a white piston and con rod. I guessed as it was a white symbol it was not a problem, if it were red or yellow I might have been a bit more worried!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I'm sure shock boots are up there with belts, wipers, brake pads, spark plugs, clutches, etc... as consumable items.

I just can't believe they are $8000k to replace! Surely koni or ohlin's or whom ever makes the shock won't sell the boots separately.

For $8k, I'd be taking measurements and try to get replacements from ANY shock manufacture first.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know but I thought that it might be that the shocks also perform the hydraulic lift function. The price here is not $4,000 but 4,000 pounds plus in other words 4000 x 1.4 = circa $5,600 each. I can understand that if the mag shocks are part of the lift system that the price could be pretty outrageous! But the inability to change a $5 rubber boot, (sorry Lambo prices could easily be $200 each), is equally outrageous.

There is a saying in the UK, if you cannot afford two Lambo's you cannot afford one!

I would still love to hear if anyone else has suffered from boots splitting, because if they have not something must have been substandard with mine, and Lambo should have covered the replacement. Fitness for purpose and merchantable quality spring to mind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts