Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just took delivery of my huracan. While I love it, there is a small issue with the glass engine cover. When looking through the rear view mirror, the engine cover has a noticable reflection of the carbon covering the engine. This is especially annoying at night.

Has anyone found a fix for this? I need rear visibility to look out for 'ninja' cop cars disguised as normal cars. Thanks much.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Hi naz124,
I've been following this waiting for someone to answer, and I'm surprised that no one has yet. It must just be a slow day. Anyways, I'm really at a loss as to how you can prevent the reflection. My first thoughts would be a non-reflective film (3M makes some), but I don't know how well those films take to heat (and I would assume it would get hot since it's right above the engine!). A potential problem with films, besides the chance of it melting :O, is that it could warp and bubble from the heat. A second, but a bit more labor intensive, alternative might be non-reflective sprays. The glass can be removed and sprayed with a matte, non-reflective clear coat. Also, I'm not sure how they would affect visibility, but I'm pretty sure a spray would be less of an issue as it would be much thinner than any film. Now, these are just possibilities that came to mind. I have no direct experience so I can't say with any certainty on what's out there and what's good (will work) for this particular situation. I hope someone who has better knowledge will be able to chime in.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I feel like I have similar problems with the gallardo spyder windshield reflecting the dash at certain times and I've been trying to figure out a theoretical solution to this problem.

The only thing I can think of is to polarize the glass but no one seems to make a polarized tint.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts