Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
huracan lp-610
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i tried to search but i think no one has posted anything regarding this, if any one has changed the gear oil on huracan please share some info for oil type and ....

thanks

·
Registered
Huracan Performante 2018
19 Posts
I have changed the gearbox oil on my 2018 Huracan Performante, I used the procedure for the Audi R8 which is pretty similar it has one more drainplug on the Audi gearbox compared to mine.

I could not see a supplier for the oil that was described in the manual Castrol BOT 342A, and as I did not want to get it at the dealer for xxx$ or EUR per liter I contacted Castrol and they recommended Castrol Transmax Dual, which I used.

The oil was a bit darker than the new oil, but I didn't notice any changes in gear shifting up or down, I changed the oil at 30000km and now the car is at 32000km.

·
Registered
huracan lp-610
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for sharing, did you also change any special plugs or filters? im not sure to go with castrol that u mentioned or vw group g052529a2

·
Registered
Huracan Performante 2018
19 Posts
I re-used the plugs, the filter was changed out with a new one.

If you are not sure you can buy the fluid from a Lamborghini or Audi dealership, I was quoted 38.25 EUR per liter, you need about 10 liters. I used 9 liters and 300cc.

The Transmax Dual costed me 10,45 EUR per liter.

·
Registered
huracan lp-610
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i ordered most of the plugs and filters from scuderia parts,so i think i will get the oil from audi with the same specifications, thanks again for your time and sharing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts