Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks...just bought a Huracan Evo that does not have the Style Package - High Gloss Black. I am about to get the car applied a Matt blue on it. Question...would anyone have their car that has the following combo:

1. Mat finish - ideally blue but any would work.
2. Style package - high gloss black

If you do mind please posting a picture of it? Would love to see if it looks good as if so may go after-market to paint my bumpers high gloss paint.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
I have matt blue (blu aegeus) with the style package in body color. Also my rear bumper and diffuser is matt black. I know that's not what you asked for but thought I'd share my perspective. I feel the gloss black would be too much contrast against matt. I'm really happy with it in matt instead.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have matt blue (blu aegeus) with the style package in body color. Also my rear bumper and diffuser is matt black. I know that's not what you asked for but thought I'd share my perspective. I feel the gloss black would be too much contrast against matt. I'm really happy with it in matt instead.
Normally I would be like you but my dilemma is these two vents I am planning to get it with high gloss carbon (matt carbon too plain IMO). The problem is I think it may be a conflict with my front/rear bumpers that is matt. So decision is either go all high gloss or not.

(BTW - this is the OEM paint which will change to a blue matt with a wrap)

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
My two cents if it were my car. I'd leave those two vents and wrap the car the color you want. That rear diffuser plus front and rear bumper will be tricky to wrap and won't hold up over time. Additionally you are going through the extra drill of wrapping gloss on all of those pieces for two carbon vents. Two pieces of carbon in the middle of the car would seem more out of place to me. Most people probably wouldn't notice either way. Also congrats on the new purchase.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Totally irrelevant to your question, but I’ve done a deep dive on all the options and was just disappointed that they don’t offer any carbon fiber trim, especially on the back.

Gloss black and matte black options all seem kind of low-rent to me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Totally irrelevant to your question, but I’ve done a deep dive on all the options and was just disappointed that they don’t offer any carbon fiber trim, especially on the back.

I do agree with you on that as well. So other option would be to just carbon both front and back as well.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts

To me carbon can look muted on certain colors and unless you have more then a token piece here or there it can also look out of place. Color is always primary and the rest is secondary.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agree with you as why I will prob carbon the two air vents around the transparent engine bonnet as well. If I don't, then just doing the side seems like token effort and looks absurd.

This is the color of the wrap btw
Blue Rectangle Tints and shades Electric blue Sky

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
I really like that shade of blue. That's going to turn out killer. You'll have to post pics when done. To me matt on matt looks the best instead of matt on gloss. You might want to wrap the car first and wait a week or two and see what you think before you do anything with carbon and painting bumpers. Just a suggestion is all.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol you know that's what I should be doing and is the smart thing. That being said it kills me that I have to leave the car again at the shop vs just getting it all done in one swoop as doing some light work (engine light on with switch/fiber optics on roof).

Incidentally found this of a matt blue with gloss and it looks pretty good:

Anyway will post pics when done. Gut says matt/matt safest but leaning towards matt/gloss as not many cars can say they have this...for better or worse.

Sent from my SM-F707B using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts