Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of ordering an Evo Spyder. I can't decide on the Nero Helene (black), the Grigio Lynx (dark gray metallic), Rosso Anteros (red) or Grigio Telesto (Pearl Battleship Gray).

Is the Telesto color worth plunking down $14,000 more?

I love black, but I see black Huracans all over the place, not to mention you lose the awesome contrast of the front and rear.

Does red "cheapen" the car?

I don't want something that looks like everybody else's car.

Any advise is appreciated.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Please don’t do black. There are so many nice colors available. Get the color you truly love the most. Is 14,000.00 worth it for a different color? To me yes when you’re spending over 200,000.00 on a car. To me the color makes the whole car..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just my opinion but I think black, white, and shades of grey such a waste on work of art design of Lambo. Plus their paid colors just one of best in industry. I initially was considering red to stick with free color that isn’t boring, but in the end coughed up $9,800 and went with Arancio Borealis. Just look how this color pops in the sun…

·
Registered
155 Posts
I am partial to red (I went with Rosso Mars).

Nothing is more subjective than color and I would encourage you to follow your heart on this one, it is a Lamborghini after all.

I personally have always been a fan of brighter colors; my M4 is Isle of Man green, my Evora GT is formula Red, etc. My personal feeling is that when I look out on the roads I see a sea of greyscale and I enjoy life when its more colorful. When the previously unimaginable reality of exotics came into my purview a few years back I looked endlessly for a Ferrari 458. I ended up going with a Black/Black car which is exactly what I promised myself I'd never do. I just couldn't find one in Tour de France blue that worked for me. In any event, while the car was incredible, It always bothered me having a color that just wasn't for me. It looked fantastic and sinister as anything, but it was a color I was talked into, not one that spoke to me.

From a design perspective, more often than not to my eye, black, white, or gunmetal silver generally show off the shape of a vehicle best, but to my juvenile 5 year old brain, it's got to be some sort of red, blue, green, orange, purple, etc.

End of the day, what speaks to you and makes you happy, regardless of the color, is what you should go for!

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
97 Posts
Call me boring, but nothing is more stunning to me than a deep black, clean car. Nero Noctis for me all day. I can appreciate the bold colors, but they’re not for me/my personality.

Get whatever you want; you’re the one who’s paying.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,071 Posts
I am in the process of ordering an Evo Spyder. I can't decide on the Nero Helene (black), the Grigio Lynx (dark gray metallic), Rosso Anteros (red) or Grigio Telesto (Pearl Battleship Gray).

I love black, but I see black Huracans all over the place, not to mention you lose the awesome contrast of the front and rear.

I would say no to Telesto. . But having said that there is no bad color on a Huracan, the car looks good in almost any imaginable color. I think you need to choose a color that is fun and outlandish as the car is.

Reactions: amandeep18feb

·
Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,218 Posts
@Sharkman Crazy how our thought process is almost the same! My last car was essentially a Telesto type color and I loved it. I will say it shows swirls and imperfections very easily so if you go with that color you almost need to commit to a full PPF job or at least the hood and the roof since those show the most. I decided on Grigio Lynx for my H and am excited. I love black but between the care necessary and in my eyes the reduction of the car's striking lines had me go a little lighter. I do love the skittles colors but the lighter colors end up showing dirt around the edges of the PPF so I decided to go away. No bad choice ultimately!!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
Go big and go wild with color or go home. These are Lamborghinis' and need to be loud and in your face. I have come across so many beautiful colors it can be hard to choose one; Blu Cepheus (I love), Rosso Mars Metallic (I also love), Arancio Borealis, Verde Citrea, Giallo, Verde Selvans, Viola Pasifae, and on and on....................

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,071 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Appreciate all the comments. Keep em coming! I do plan on doing a full PPF, regardless of the color.

One of the other options is to do the Nero Helene or Nero Noctis and install a matte black wrap/PPF. But as my dealer said, "that is so overdone already".

so many choices - such a difficult decision...

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
Appreciate all the comments. Keep em coming! I do plan on doing a full PPF, regardless of the color.

One of the other options is to do the Nero Helene or Nero Noctis and install a matte black wrap/PPF. But as my dealer said, "that is so overdone already".

Bottom line is choose the color you want but, in my opinion, brightly colored sports cars sell quicker and for a higher price than those that are not so brightly colored. Of course, provided one of those bright colors is not Pink.

Reactions: asmazda

·
Registered
36 Posts

You can see the gloss paint at the edges when you do this, the PPF does not tuck around the edges like a wrap on all panels which doesn't look quite right imo

·
Premium Member
2022 Grigio Lynx EVO Spyder RWD
158 Posts

I went with Grigio lynx. After having had all the jelly bean colors of Porsche GT cars in the past, I realized that in my case the loud colors became intrusive in a “is this guy defining himself with that crazy color?” The Evo looks like a stealth fighter to me and I felt the Grigio fits that and it was an elegant and subdued color that I won’t get tired of so quickly.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts