Lamborghini Talk banner

141 - 160 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
I have a general question I have had both steel brakes and CCBs in the past and never had an issue with brake squeal. Do CCBs tend to be noisier/squeal more or less than steel brakes?
I’ve had CCB’s on 3 cars and they were all quiet. Some CCB’s can be noisy but that hasn’t been my experience.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,991 Posts
I’ve had CCB’s on 3 cars and they were all quiet. Some CCB’s can be noisy but that hasn’t been my experience.
Nor has it been my experience but I want to make sure I am choosing wisely. Kind of over the top ordering CCBs but that has never stopped me in the past. At least the CCBs on Lamborghinis are much more reasonably priced than on Porsches.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,339 Posts
I have a general question I have had both steel brakes and CCBs in the past and never had an issue with brake squeal. Do CCBs tend to be noisier/squeal more or less than steel brakes?
I thought it was the exact opposite? At least that’s been my experience.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,991 Posts
I thought it was the exact opposite? At least that’s been my experience.
I have never had brake squeal on any car I have ever owned but there have been some complaints with the EVO so, I wanted to make sure I wasn't going in the wrong direction with CCBs.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,991 Posts
When you had porsche no sqeauls?^^
No and I had three new Porsches: 718 CS, 2019 3RS and 2018 2RS. If I do the CCBs I hope that is an uneventful choice because there have been some complaints about brake squeal.

·
Premium Member
16,339 Posts
Both my Gallardo's were steel brakes and both had embarrassing brake squeal. I was so pissed I sprayed WD40 on them and it stopped.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,991 Posts
Both my Gallardo's were steel brakes and both had embarrassing brake squeal. I was so pissed I sprayed WD40 on them and it stopped.
It worked and you still had functional brakes, smart!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,991 Posts
I am sensing a theme emerging CCBs good, and steel brakes +/-.

·
Premium Member
16,339 Posts
It worked and you still had functional brakes, smart!
No unfortunately I had NO BRAKES for the first 10 minutes, but I simply hung my foot out the door in order to slow down to a stop when necessary. The only negative was I went through the heel of my new shoes almost immediately.

Ok, now "the rest of the story", yes the cars brakes worked fine and the squeal was gone! It actually surprised me. I did test the brakes afterwards very carefully before driving it on the highway.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,991 Posts
Russ did that eliminate the brake symphony completely, and for all time?

·
Premium Member
16,339 Posts
Russ did that eliminate the brake symphony completely, and for all time?
No, but it was never as bad as before I did that and I repeated the treatment several times. I should add that I was very conservative with the spray, because I really didn't know what to expect. But desperate times require desperate measures.

MY dealers only suggestion was to go fast and stomp on the brakes, do this several times and it should fix it, it didn't.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,991 Posts
Just got off the telephone with Chase the manager of the Charlotte dealership, and as stated in post #51 by @Elitex, the 2022 MSRP is $209,409 for the EVO RWD and that represents an increase of $838 dollars. I have not seen the pricing sheet but that is what I was just told........If anyone has more current info speak up but to call it a modest increase is an understatement.
We completed the build today and he will place the order in tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Yep, 2 lambo's no squeak, 488 was was horrible and embarrassing

Reactions: surfah

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,991 Posts
Congrats Albert, when is expected delivery?
That will depend apparently the dealership is going to see if they could modify one of their existing EVO orders tomorrow to expedite delivery. I hope sooner rather than later.........as we all do. 🤞

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
Just got off the telephone with Chase the manager of the Charlotte dealership, and as stated in post #51 by @Elitex, the 2022 MSRP is $209,409 for the EVO RWD and that represents an increase of $838 dollars. I have not seen the pricing sheet but that is what I was just told........If anyone has more current info speak up but to call it a modest increase is an understatement.
We completed the build today and he will place the order in tomorrow.
Nice, good to know. Wouldn’t have made a difference but why pay more when you can pay less….. 😀

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,991 Posts
Nice, good to know. Wouldn’t have made a difference but why pay more when you can pay less….. 😀
My hope is by the time our 2022s roll off the assembly line they will have worked out all the bugs in the infotainment system. If they do that I will even go as high as $839. ;)

141 - 160 of 255 Posts