Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, new here. I am thinking about purchasing another sports car soon and had some questions for the forum.

I was almost positive that I was going to place an order for 2022 Audi R8 performance in Mexico blue but really started to think about placing an order for the Huracan.

Are the magnetic dampers worth it? How about the Dynamic steering? I am definitely doing CCB so may end up doing lifestyle and drivers pack.

Also, I was getting roughly 10% of on my R8 order. I’ve seen some people get 10-13% discount on the EVO’s. Is that realistic?

Any info is greatly appreciated as I may place the order tomorrow.

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
233 Posts
If you want CCBs, the driver’s pack is good value. Note that there’s still an upcharge for essentially all the caliper colors. The lifestyle pack is hard to pass up - the 3 years maintenance it includes nearly covers the cost of the remaining items. 10% off a car you order seems unlikely. I’ve seen posts of 0 to 4%. What blue will it be?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,362 Posts
If you want CCBs, the driver’s pack is good value. Note that there’s still an upcharge for essentially all the caliper colors. The lifestyle pack is hard to pass up - the 3 years maintenance it includes nearly covers the cost of the remaining items. 10% off a car you order seems unlikely. I’ve seen posts of 0 to 4%. What blue will it be?
There is currently more demand for these than supply. I would be very surprised if you got any discount at all.
I got both mag ride and LDS, could have easily gone without both. Sensonum stereo is a must if you enjoy listening to music.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Zero chance of 10% off in todays market on an order you place. You’d be lucky to get 3-5% on a new car in the dealer’s lot.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. Agreed regarding the market. Used market has also gone insane because of inventory. I already have a relationship with this dealer as I purchased my 570s from them. Let’s see what they accept. I guess 5% will do.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I don’t think I am going blue with Huracan. I really like black on this car and I am not a huge black color car fan. Mainly because how easy they show swirl marks and they hide any exterior carbon options. Not doing any exterior carbon so no issues there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks everyone. Agreed regarding the market. Used market has also gone insane because of inventory. I already have a relationship with this dealer as I purchased my 570s from them. Let’s see what they accept. I guess 5% will do.
Let us know how you end up doing....good luck in your negotiation!
As a betting man, I’d set the over/under on discount at 2% 😄

·
Registered
338 Posts
Maybe your relationship might help you score some discount, but most dealerships are asking MSRP here
in the new jersey ,philadelphia area one dealer even said to me you are silly why would i give a discount.
But a other dealer i spoke with which was given to me through the forum will give 1 % and shipping.
On a lower optioned car...this dealer was not in my area.
Good Luck

·
Registered
33 Posts
Best way to find out if you can get a deal is ask. Show up, offer to buy at the price you want, see what happens. Worst case, walk away and see if they call you back.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Best way to find out if you can get a deal is ask. Show up, offer to buy at the price you want, see what happens. Worst case, walk away and see if they call you back.
Agreed. That’s what I am planning to do today. I was trying to feel the pulse of this market before going in blind. You guys have been very helpful.

·
Registered
2021 Huracan EVO Blu Astraeus
2 Posts
Hello everyone, new here. I am thinking about purchasing another sports car soon and had some questions for the forum.

I was almost positive that I was going to place an order for 2022 Audi R8 performance in Mexico blue but really started to think about placing an order for the Huracan.

Are the magnetic dampers worth it? How about the Dynamic steering? I am definitely doing CCB so may end up doing lifestyle and drivers pack.

Also, I was getting roughly 10% of on my R8 order. I’ve seen some people get 10-13% discount on the EVO’s. Is that realistic?

I just purchased a 2021 Blu Astraeus EVO, Life Style and Driver Pack, CCB and interior options. Got a little off sticker. More like 1 - 2%. 10 isn’t happening, not on the east coast anyway. Other responses are correct, demand is way higher than supply. Not the time to negotiate. I was on a waiting list with 3 other dealers for 2 months and decided to just pop into a dealer in Philadelphia that happened to just get one in the previous day. I test drove and locked in the deal the next day.......they had 2 other people ready to buy it. Orders are taking about 8 months.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just purchased a 2021 Blu Astraeus EVO, Life Style and Driver Pack, CCB and interior options. Got a little off sticker. More like 1 - 2%. 10 isn’t happening, not on the east coast anyway. Other responses are correct, demand is way higher than supply. Not the time to negotiate. I was on a waiting list with 3 other dealers for 2 months and decided to just pop into a dealer in Philadelphia that happened to just get one in the previous day. I test drove and locked in the deal the next day.......they had 2 other people ready to buy it. Orders are taking about 8 months.
Got it. I am ordering so will need to wait. I think he told me December-January delivery.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
5,061 Posts
The Lifestyle and Drivers Pack and Sensonum are solid choices. I will also echo, try for 10% but that is highly unlikely.
Be aware, that as of January 2022 there will be a 10% luxury tax on these kinds of cars so to put that in perspective if you order a car for $270K that is an additional $27K.

Addendum: I have heard that there will be a 3% increase on the 2022 models.....I will know by today.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,362 Posts
The Lifestyle and Drivers Pack and Sensonum are solid choices. I will also echo, try for 10% but that is highly unlikely.
Be aware, that as of January 2022 there will be a 10% luxury tax on these kinds of cars so to put that in perspective if you order a car for $270K that is an additional $27K.

Addendum: I have heard that there will be a 3% increase on the 2022 models.....I will know by today.
Thanks for the reminder on that luxury tax, that would certainly be something to consider plus 3% hike in base price

·
Registered
287 Posts
I don’t have experience with Lambo, but on the Ferrari I have the mag suspension and I wouldn’t get it if it weren’t stock. Same with the adaptive steering. It dampens the steering progressively at higher speeds - had it on a BMW but I’d rather have that raw feeling.

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
Thanks for the reminder on that luxury tax, that would certainly be something to consider plus 3% hike in base price
Times they are a changing................

·
Registered
214 Posts
I don't think dynamic steering is worth it. Magneto dampers, yes definitely.

I got 3% off with heavy negotiating but that was pre-covid. I honestly wouldn't expect anything, market is insane right now

·
Registered
338 Posts

Are you talking about the canadian wealth luxury tax?

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So an update. My build is coming in around $247k and we’re working a deal at around 4% discount. Not signed yet but should be signed by tomorrow. Then the wait begins.

1 - 20 of 301 Posts