Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m picking up my Evo Rwd Tuesday and I’m leaning towards the tow hook mounted front plate so they don’t have to screw into the bumper for the middle mounted placement.. what do you think?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can you get away with nothing? It’s illegal to not have a front plate in my state. But I’ve had 5 cars without front plates and no tickets for that.

In an exotic no one thinks you’re hiding your front plate because you’re a shady drug dealer, ya know?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,758 Posts
Check out
eezeplate.com

Reactions: Colleen-EezePlate

·
Vendor
142 Posts
Thanks Russ for the suggestion of the EezePlate - and Sal, well I am disappointed in your comment Lambo Tax - that's not us! And here's the little girl in me that will tell you why....
The Sto n Sho license plate is a drilled option, and sits low to the ground. The mechanism is thick and scrapes the ground, when there is contact it rips off of the bottom of the car causing damage! Hence, local dealerships prefer the EezePlate.
Yes the EezePlate is more expensive, but is made for each specific car. A no drill option utilizing existing undertray mounting holes. It has a thinner profile so less loss of ground clearance. If it does impact the ground, it doesn't damage the splitter or undertray. It acts as an early curb strike warning.
So, Lambo Tax - NO,... Lambo specific.......

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,710 Posts
Although, Texas requires a front plate it is rarely if ever enforced. Front plates on super cars is just unaesthetic but I guess necessary in locations inside and outside the US.

·
Vendor
142 Posts
Although, Texas requires a front plate it is rarely if ever enforced. Front plates on super cars is just unaesthetic but I guess necessary in locations inside and outside the US.
Yes, unfortunately here in Ontario Canada specifically York Region, the police have become diligent in stopping those without a front license plate - we have installed the EezePlate on more cars in the past month than ever before. The 'rule' for front plates states the front license plate has to be "mechanically affixed", therefore, you can keep the license plate in the trunk and if stopped just say sorry forgot to put it back on, then with the quick release arm, just slide the EezePlate front plate back on. With the plate off, you can't even see the chassis mount tongue -- all good :)

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,710 Posts
Yes, unfortunately here in Ontario Canada specifically York Region, the police have become diligent in stopping those without a front license plate - we have installed the EezePlate on more cars in the past month than ever before. The 'rule' for front plates states the front license plate has to be "mechanically affixed", therefore, you can keep the license plate in the trunk and if stopped just say sorry forgot to put it back on, then with the quick release arm, just slide the EezePlate front plate back on. With the plate off, you can't even see the chassis mount tongue -- all good :)
Nice elegant solution......if I ever get nailed by LEO I am dialing "C" for @Colleen-OneStepBeyondInc. ;) Regarding the price, the old adage applies, you get what you pay for.........

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks Russ for the suggestion of the EezePlate - and Sal, well I am disappointed in your comment Lambo Tax - that's not us! And here's the little girl in me that will tell you why....
The Sto n Sho license plate is a drilled option, and sits low to the ground. The mechanism is thick and scrapes the ground, when there is contact it rips off of the bottom of the car causing damage! Hence, local dealerships prefer the EezePlate.
Yes the EezePlate is more expensive, but is made for each specific car. A no drill option utilizing existing undertray mounting holes. It has a thinner profile so less loss of ground clearance. If it does impact the ground, it doesn't damage the splitter or undertray. It acts as an early curb strike warning.
So, Lambo Tax - NO,... Lambo specific.......

No offense taken. I have the Sto n sho on my Urus and Aventador (Sold) with no problem and didn't have to drill any holes. No problem with ground clearance. But I do not have one on my Huracan. So I Don't know about the ground clearance. Sorry for the post Colleen...

·
Registered
Huracan Performante Twin Turbo
1,316 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts