Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All,

Looks like a handful of EVO Fluo Capsules are starting to hit the market and I'm curios to hear peoples' opinions on this edition. I am considering it along side a more standard customized EVO and am a little surprised the lack of chatter here.

It's more of an aesthetics package as some of the look/feel optionality in the builder has been removed to enforce a somewhat consistent Fluo look/feel.

Do you guys think this will be desirable? I'm not at all looking to flip, but having tracked other Huracan special editions, seems like some sit on the market longer than others. Is this an edition many of you are specifically avoiding?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
I did not specifically avoid the Fluo Capsule variant but didn't research it that exhaustively either. In passing, I did ask my SA about Fluo Capsule a while back, and he recommended if the mat finish is what I wanted get a EVO/non-Fluo variant and wrap it. His point it's more cost effective going that route.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the Capsule variant more $ than a standard evo?
It's close depending on options (there is less optionality), but it's on-par with a custom EVO order; it's certainly not "significantly" more.

I'm still working through things, but I do like the aesthetic and currently leaning towards ordering a Verde Shock. Since there are not many pictures/videos of actual cars yet, I dug these up:

·
Registered
15 Posts
There you go, this is my Fluo Capsule Verde Shock. It's my first Lamborghini, still having a PTS GT3 Touring in Viper Green.
I completed the break-in according to the manual. I mainly drive the car on mountain roads here in Switzerland, Germany, Austria and Italy. I recently drove one of my favorite driving loops in Austria, consisting of the Silvretta-Hochalpenstraße, more than 20 kilometers of fun, 34 hairpins being the perfect territory for the 4WD and AWS to show how good it is. For sure I had my preferred co-pilot my dad with me. With the AWS the car has virtually no understeer, turn in is very sharp in both Sport and Corsa mode. Traction is very good, although as the Hochalpenstrasse just opened and was very green, in Sport Mode with a more rear power distribution it spun its wheels many times out of hairpins. In Sport Mode the car shifts automatically at the red line, in Corsa not so you have to watch the blue shift lights to not bounce of the limiter as the engine revs so quickly. The car is fun to drive, for those who look for permanent tail-out action it is not the right thing, although it will power slide,As we really pushed it and did not get out of 3. gear, mainly second gear, oil temp went up to 120 to 125 degrees, water stayed at 90 deg. Oil temp is much higher compared to the GT3. Fuel consumption is terrible, it's nigh on impossible now to get below 20 liters, even including driving with cruise control on Swiss highways. Brakes are faultless. On German unrestricted autobahns with 102 ocean fuel the car goes like stink, already reached 338km/h, going above 315 is easy, the is stable in Corsa mode. Recently during a run through the Dolomites driving 10 passes in 1 day, I preferred the Sport mode with more rear bias and most probably the AWS tuned for max agility.
Again, I never experienced so many positive reactions from other car drivers, bikers and bystanders, waiving, laughing, asking for picture, incredible, never experienced this with the GT3.
Is it more fun than the GT3? Difficult to say, it took me roughly 2000km to really gel with the car, finding the right driving position, btw the sports seats are even more comfortable than the Porsche buckets, we drove 400km and no complaints and my dad is 76. So far, I love the car, every time I leave it I have to turn around and have another look. The suspension is really compliant, soaking up everything so far.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
676 Posts
Verde Shock!!! My favorite green lambo color.
Fun fact: I own the only Aventador SV ever made in this color and the 1st Lamborghini ever made in Verde Shock as the color was named after the owner. Pretty "shocking" color for sure. Great writeup and review thank you, for sharing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
676 Posts
I agree the capsule Evo models all look gorgeous. The Verde Shock happens to be my favorite of the bunch.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
What kind of premium do you pay for the Fluo? Though, TBH, the mat (matte?) finish is not LOUD enough for my tastes. :giggle:

I have to say, the contrast colors are darn nice!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lamborghinifam, M3ike, that's super helpful, thank you guys -- and any other owners that may have Verde Shock -- can you speak a bit about the paint?
  • Does it seem to chip easier than expected?
  • Does it "dull out" if it gets dirty or does it still look great when not freshly cleaned?
  • Does it look more brilliant when photographed than when seeing it in person? (I've never seen this color in person and wondering if the pictures/videos translate in person)
  • How does it look at night - is it still visible?
  • How is it to keep the matte paint clean?
  • Any other color-related quirks I may have not asked? 😁
What kind of premium do you pay for the Fluo? Though, TBH, the mat (matte?) finish is not LOUD enough for my tastes. :giggle:

I have to say, the contrast colors are darn nice!
Regarding premiums - one of the more well-spec'd EVO's I built was about 10% more than the "base" Fluo. So, it does depend on options and I'm still trying to figure out if I can add EVO options that aren't available in the Fluo configurator -- but again, I would say it's certainly on-par...

Thank you guys so much!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lamborghinifam, M3ike, that's super helpful, thank you guys -- and any other owners that may have Verde Shock -- can you speak a bit about the paint?
  • Does it "dull out" if it gets dirty or does it still look great when not freshly cleaned?
  • Does it look more brilliant when photographed than when seeing it in person? (I've never seen this color in person and wondering if the pictures/videos translate in person)
Regarding premiums - one of the more well-spec'd EVO's I built was about 10% more than the "base" Fluo. So, it does depend on options and I'm still trying to figure out if I can add EVO options that aren't available in the Fluo configurator -- but again, I would say it's certainly on-par...

Thank you guys so much!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
Anyone know the difference between Verde Shock & Verde Scandal?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I can’t speak to Verde Shock, but I can speak from experience with the matte paints on the Huracan.
Yes it’s more delicate in my opinion. Upon delivery the transporter put his hand on the nose by the badge and had some of his weight on it as he bent down to undo a strap… it spiderwebbed the front end. Just last week I heard of another delivery story about an H with matte paint and damage (also spiderweb cracks). Both scenarios the area was repainted and matched successfully- after several attempts by a very skilled paint shop.
Washing it was time intensive… filtered water only, no sun and had to dry it touch less to avoid streaks or having areas burnish. That said I’m very particular. But it is more work than a gloss finish to get the same outcome. Specialty soaps and stuff are a must. Even a lot of matte finish products streaked.
Upside - dust was not as much of a concern. Could go longer between washes and still look good. Aside from the wheels and brake dust.
If you get an imperfection, there are no easy fixes… you can’t wax or polish it out.

That sounds like a really negative list… at the end of the day it’s a great look on the H. And I could be a bit lazy about washing/dusting and get away with it still looking sharp.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just following up on this thread -- my dealer got a call from Lamborghini last week and said they are not accepting any Huracan Fluo Capsule orders... that same conversation also noted the STO magnesium wheels not being available which I heard somewhere else on the forum so seems to reconcile.

So looks like it won't be a Fluo Capsule order for me.

I am still interested in feedback on Verde Shock paint from Lamborghinifam and/or M3ike since I'm still considering it via Ad Personam as a possible color for my EVO AWD order.

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Just a heads up.......several members have been having a hard time getting the dealerships to accept their AWD orders. Hopefully, your dealership is able to come through.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Thank you guys so much!
Sorry for my late response, just my two cents:

• No chipping detectable so far. I have protective film on the whole front of the car including the mirrors, no chips on the rear fenders either
  • IMHO the color always looks great, freshly cleaned or not
  • Color looks much better in person, the matte paint makes the lines of the car much more visible which I like
  • At night it's still visible, judging the thumbs up recently on the German Autobahn in the evening it must look good ;-)
  • As easy as normal paint but I have ceramic coated the whole car for easier maintenance. I also use specific shampoo for matte lack from Swissvax
  • My GT 3 Touring in Vipergreen already got compliments but no comparison to the Huracan and the Verde Shock plays surely a big part in it

In a nutshell, the matte colors fit the lines of the car very well, for me having a soft spot for green colors I love Verde Shock, it's like an acid matte green. The contrast with the matte black accents, roof and engine cover including the painted Verde Shock stripe on mirrors, side skirts and the diffusor makes the car very special. Also the Huracan Evo stitching in Acid Green looks the part.

As always at the end colors are very subjective, there is no right or wrong, choose what you like best.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts