Lamborghini Talk banner

Huracan Evo - Fingerprints on Infotainment Screen - Oleophobic Coating?

12K views 90 replies 20 participants last post by  AwesomeM3 
#1 ·
#3 ·
There are protector sheets that leaves no fingerprints (surface is dry coated), but I can only find ones for smartphones. Bigger ones would work.

Also, touchscreen panels work through static electricity from our body. So, any chemical coatings that are good conductor would work. I will look it up later.

#4 ·
That Oleophobic coating looks pretty good if it works On the touchscreen. I might try it on my cell phone.

#7 ·
what are the actual dimensions of the screen? i know it is an 8.4'' but i'm not sure about proportions.

would something like this work without any hard work or cutting?

#8 ·
That looks like it would work if you just turn it vertical. It doesn't have to be a perfect fit as long as it covers most of the screen.

#10 ·
I just received a kit from Xpel. It is pre-cut to not only fit the surround but their is a piece for the screen as well. I haven’t installed it yet or I would post pics.

#12 ·
It is shiny clear. I will know better when I take it off the paper it is mounted on. I have to find out how to install it, there are no instructions, like do I use water or is it just a stick on etc. I will try to find some instructions on their website. It came with nothing.

#13 ·
They did not put anything over my screen when they covered the trim piece. I forget the reasoning but said it's not recommended putting over the screen. But since you have the piece I would give it a shot as can easily be removed. I have applied some Expel to exterior of car and you use a soapy solution so you can move it around to get it in position. I would first see how stick it is, if it seems like you wont be able to adjust as you lay it down I would use a little water soap mixture on it

#14 ·
I will test it over the screen but it might make the touch less sensitive.

#16 ·
You’re probably right, but I do miss feeling that Alcantera steering wheel.

#17 ·
FYI:

A new accessory in the Accessori Originali range for Huracán: the Infotainment Screen Protector.

The Infotainment screen protector has been conceived to increase the care and safety your vehicle and preserve its integrity with the best technology and quality for a screen protector.
It protects the infotainment screen against micro-scratches, dust and smudges that may accumulate over time. It has been tested and is homologated by Automobili Lamborghini for the following Huracán models:
Ø Huracán EVO Coupé
Ø Huracán EVO RWD Coupé
Ø Huracán STO

#18 ·
FYI:

A new accessory in the Accessori Originali range for Huracán: the Infotainment Screen Protector.

The Infotainment screen protector has been conceived to increase the care and safety your vehicle and preserve its integrity with the best technology and quality for a screen protector.
It protects the infotainment screen against micro-scratches, dust and smudges that may accumulate over time. It has been tested and is homologated by Automobili Lamborghini for the following Huracán models:
Ø Huracán EVO Coupé
Ø Huracán EVO RWD Coupé
Ø Huracán STO
How much? $200??

#24 ·
I can't wait to see what Lamborghini is going to charge for this $5.00 item.

Reactions: Rcasa20
#28 ·
For the guys that have the alcantara steering wheel, and for those that don't want fingerprints on their centre console. I drive with a pair of old golf rain gloves from Footjoy. They are light, are ventilated well, offer decent grip on the steering wheel. They allow you to fondle the centre console, all the while not smudging said console and steering wheel with bodily oils :)

#29 ·
I got my gloves, but I only wear them occasionally. I love the feel of my Alcantera.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.