Lamborghini Talk banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
Top up coupe.
Top down Spyder.

Hardtop vert best compromise
I would not have any problem with a hardtop vert, and I am sure Lambo is going to take that direction going forward. The days of the rag top are numbered, hopefully that will make them more rare.

Registered
Spyders are heavier, more prone to rattles/leaks, and rag top doesn鈥檛 look great to my eyes. But the aural experience and open sensation is just a whole another level. So long story short, if you would drive most of the time top down get a spyder.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Spyders are heavier, more prone to rattles/leaks, and rag top doesn鈥檛 look great to my eyes. But the aural experience and open sensation is just a whole another level. So long story short, if you would drive most of the time top down get a spyder.
The only way anyone should EVER drive a Spyder is with the top down. If you live in the West Coast, we are blessed with the best weather in the country. Top down all day and all night. However, anywhere else, may the lord be with you if you chose a Spyder! 馃槅

Registered
With the top up my 458 Spider's roof would creak going over speedbumps.

Registered
People who have/ order spyder are almost always gonna drive it with top down. In this case the driving experience with the sound is no contest unless the intention is to drive on the track or in bad weather then coupe is the way to go.

Registered
One other bonus about the 458 hardtop vert is being able to lower the rear cabin window with the top up to enjoy the unadultered N/A V10 9000 RPM symphony when the outside temp may be too hot to lower the roof entirely. A/C can also be kept on with rear window lowered.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Also agree ragtop looks dated and they don't age well which are big reasons I'm going back to a coupe. Also once the weather gets hot top down driving is not much fun
@Blu Bull, the less than graceful aging, which I see quite often, is one of the biggest reasons I will likely never own a drop top.

Registered
The soft tops get creased and time takes a toll on the spyders rag top....i have a audi R8 and it鈥檚 the same
for my car .
I am very careful to always leave top up when parked and never put down a wet top .
my top is 11 years old now.
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Photograph Vehicle registration plate

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
The soft tops get creased and time takes a toll on the spyders rag top....i have a audi R8 and it鈥檚 the same
for my car .
I am very careful to always leave top up when parked and never put down a wet top .
my top is 11 years old now.
View attachment 312793
Your convertible top seems to have held up quite well. Do you do any special detailing or use any special detailing products to help maintain the appearance?

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Nope ..just clean very gently .
So, you just use PH neutral soap with a soap mitt? Pressure washer or hose? Garaged?

Registered
Just take a soft rag with water no soaps since it鈥檚 really never dirty ....no rubbing just botching .
And car does not sit in sun much very little and then park in garage with cover most of the time.

Registered
Spyder FTW!!!
Ever wonder why the STO never offered in a Spyder? I have both the EVO RWD Coupe also.
My middle finger stays up. No need to drop the top!
Ha - to each their own. Spyder FTW!!!

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Plant

Reactions: RoadRonin
21 - 40 of 65 Posts