Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I’m looking to get CarPlay retrofitted to my 2020 evo, VAG coding have done this for the pre evo Huracans, does anyone know how to get the firmware version of the unit? It’s supposed to be a key press combo...

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
Someone must know something. Sorry I can’t help you. You’re not the first to ask this question.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just got an R8 but assume it's the same thing. Plugged in my phone to use CarPlay twice and ended up pulling out the cable each time to use the standard navigation system both times. It's just horrible and people were right to say it's not worth using

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
I haven’t used CarPlay again after the second time. I can’t stand being cabled.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got an R8 but assume it's the same thing. Plugged in my phone to use CarPlay twice and ended up pulling out the cable each time to use the standard navigation system both times. It's just horrible and people were right to say it's not worth using
Thanks mate I’ve had it on my perf before so know the limitation. Should still like to have it on the evo though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
594 Posts
Don't know much about the R8. I'm not sure if it has a touch screen.

for evo, a must have, especially if you plan to drive the car. I think that's the whole purpose of the 8.4-inch screen.

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
Try using that carlinkit device for wireless CarPlay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, I'll check it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys I’m looking to get CarPlay retrofitted to my 2020 evo, VAG coding have done this for the pre evo Huracans, does anyone know how to get the firmware version of the unit? It’s supposed to be a key press combo...
So did you solve it?
I am suffering the same problem.
Do you know such retrofit requires hardware change or can only done with coding?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.