Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Experience being able to test drive prior to buying? I heard Vegas doesn't mind. Basically want to see at 6'3 can I manage in a spyder.

2) Is the deposit refundable after you have purchased the car? If for some reason I put $25k deposit or w/e, and needed to back out AFTER order was placed and being built, would I lose the deposit? Wouldn't they be winning anyways because they would actually have something else to add to their depleted lot inventory?

3) When do you wire them the full amount? When you take delivery? Before?

4) I've seen threads saying after it arrives at dealer, it can be weeks, not days, before you can take ownership. Why? How does PDI take that long?

5) If I plan to do XPEL PPF stealth + 9h Ceramic coating, would you even feel okay driving it for a few days before doing it? Or would you immediately drive it to the PPF shop?

6) After market audio options with minimal to no cutting? Preferably bass(y) for hip hop/EDM but do not want a sub.

7) I've read that there isn't a direct fit for swapping the Pzeros for MS, is this a concern?

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
With regular seats no way you will fit in a spyder, I'm 6' and barley fit. I have sat in cars with sports seats and it's much better. But at 6'3" you will be pretty tight in even those.

Deposit refund would be up to dealership.

Would pay full amount when you take delivery

All cases I have seen people take delivery days after, not weeks.

Get PPF right away

I just changed to Michelins and no problems

But all this probably moot if you dont hurry up and order. Might even be to late now to get a V10 before they end production since they have a huge backlog of orders now

Reactions: TTBear and Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
If you are from or near Vegas go to Royalty Exotic Cars and you can rent a Spyder to see what you think and if it fits your height. They had an STO which has since been crashed that I rented for 24 hours to help me decide if I wanted one or not.

·
Registered
123 Posts
1) Experience being able to test drive prior to buying? I heard Vegas doesn't mind. Basically want to see at 6'3 can I manage in a spyder.

2) Is the deposit refundable after you have purchased the car? If for some reason I put $25k deposit or w/e, and needed to back out AFTER order was placed and being built, would I lose the deposit? Wouldn't they be winning anyways because they would actually have something else to add to their depleted lot inventory?

3) When do you wire them the full amount? When you take delivery? Before?

4) I've seen threads saying after it arrives at dealer, it can be weeks, not days, before you can take ownership. Why? How does PDI take that long?

5) If I plan to do XPEL PPF stealth + 9h Ceramic coating, would you even feel okay driving it for a few days before doing it? Or would you immediately drive it to the PPF shop?

6) After market audio options with minimal to no cutting? Preferably bass(y) for hip hop/EDM but do not want a sub.

7) I've read that there isn't a direct fit for swapping the Pzeros for MS, is this a concern?

Here is a tip to save you money. Suntek PPF has a new product that has an infused Ceramic coating. Pretty amazing. So you don't need to apply an aftermarket Ceramic coating.

I have seen it and it is Amazing..

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,831 Posts
1. test drives are possible if the dealership has one in their inventory
2. A deposit is refundable up until the order is submitted, and after that, as mentioned above, it would be the dealerships call.
3. I wired full amount when the car arrived at the dealership but at very least when you take delivery. They will not let the car leave the premises without full payment.
4. at Charlotte Lamborghini the PDI takes about 4 to 6 hours.......I know because I asked the manager of said dealership.
5. it is optimal to do the PPF/ceramic coat before driving the car. In fact, I had my EVO dropped off at my PPF installers place of business rather than my home.
6. I selected the Sensonum stereo because I had a 2021 EVO with the base stereo and it was abysmal. I personally, don't want an aftermarket solution with the potential for after market moans, groans and squeaks.
7. not true, PS4S tires are raved about as being the best tire replacement option.

Best of luck!

Reactions: TTBear

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,843 Posts
With regular seats no way you will fit in a spyder, I'm 6' and barley fit. I have sat in cars with sports seats and it's much better. But at 6'3" you will be pretty tight in even those.

Deposit refund would be up to dealership.

Would pay full amount when you take delivery

All cases I have seen people take delivery days after, not weeks.

Get PPF right away

I just changed to Michelins and no problems

But all this probably moot if you dont hurry up and order. Might even be to late now to get a V10 before they end production since they have a huge backlog of orders now
I have to wonder if it is too late to order a new EVO? If or when we get to that point, it seems that would be a great time to sell. I’m thinking a lot of owners will be selling their EVOs to upgrade for the new model. Im pretty sure I will be one of them. We could a lot of pre-owned EVOs for sale at that time.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Seems like the other guys answered most of the questions.
The deposit thing can actually vary from state to state. For example in California- a deposit on a car is always refundable. I did quite a bit of research before placing my order and at the end of the day, you don’t have an obligation to purchase the car after putting a deposit , and by law it is refundable. Other states may have different rules.
Happy shopping!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,831 Posts
You better go see if you can fit first.
As of ordering it has been difficult lately.
I think OP needs to find an allocation, and them it will take SEVERAL months to have said order submitted............OP more than likely has a lot of time. ;)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Dealer told me 11 to 12 months....and he said customer are giving deposits but i can’t promise allocation.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,831 Posts
Dealer told me 11 to 12 months....and he said customer are giving deposits but i can’t promise allocation.
Not surprised and I have heard that as well. I think if I were OP I would be more worried about finding an allocation and not so much about a deposit refund. The market is extraordinarily tight, and that's putting it mildly.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Even though they will take an order and a deposit there is no way to find an allocation. That will only happen months after ordering or never at all.

Reactions: 2006m5

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
If you do get a test drive it won't be very lengthy in most cases provided they even have a car. I was one of the early ones to test drive the F8 in 12/2019 at a Towbin Ferrari event in Vegas and it was a joke. Literally 5 minutes around the block. I complained as I drove 110 miles for the test drive. So they let me go twice around the block - lol.

·
Registered
164 Posts
1) Basically want to see at 6'3 can I manage in a spyder.
As previously mentioned you will need Sports seats to make that work. I am 6'2" and fit great in my Evo Spyder with sports seats. I was too tall for the Perf spyder with comfort seats.

6) Preferably bass(y) for hip hop/EDM but do not want a sub.
The impossible dream!
That said, there is a decent amount of bass available from the Sensonum option.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is a tip to save you money. Suntek PPF has a new product that has an infused Ceramic coating. Pretty amazing. So you don't need to apply an aftermarket Ceramic coating.

I have seen it and it is Amazing..
Any idea the comparison vs XPEL?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1. test drives are possible if the dealership has one in their inventory
2. A deposit is refundable up until the order is submitted, and after that, as mentioned above, it would be the dealerships call.
3. I wired full amount when the car arrived at the dealership but at very least when you take delivery. They will not let the car leave the premises without full payment.
4. at Charlotte Lamborghini the PDI takes about 4 to 6 hours.......I know because I asked the manager of said dealership.
5. it is optimal to do the PPF/ceramic coat before driving the car. In fact, I had my EVO dropped off at my PPF installers place of business rather than my home.
6. I selected the Sensonum stereo because I had a 2021 EVO with the base stereo and it was abysmal. I personally, don't want an aftermarket solution with the potential for after market moans, groans and squeaks.
7. not true, PS4S tires are raved about as being the best tire replacement option.

Best of luck!
Did you notice a night and day difference going from Pzo to PS4S tires?

I am an audiophile who has had B/O,Burmeister, HK,etc and I think they all suck. But like you mentioned, I dont want to do any cutting etc but also dont want to over spend for the Sens which I'm pretty sure wouldn't be to my standard.

The reason why I ask about the refund, is I would have no problem putting down the deposit but if the market crashes, I dont want to be on the hook etc.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts