Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen or tried the Autel Diagnostic Scan Tool?
Any experience with these units?
This unit covers: Aventador, Gallardo, and now the Huracan!
Driving long distances to your dealership just to check a fault or scan your diagnostic system is a pain.
Video:

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
It is a full system scanner. It is a generic reader. There are other brands but Autel is the cheapest but works pretty well.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
AFAIK it scans the OBD system with all the parameters like any other scan tool. What it does is to interpret the codes comming from the analysis and adds the text to it. Clearing any set codes is normal but resetting the oil change is special. I heard the button doesn't do anything on the Lambos.

But, why do you already need such a reader. Is your H broken or does it show any codes, or do you feel the car is gonna die due to hesitation or so ? Or is the tranny not working well ? Let us know.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AFAIK it scans the OBD system with all the parameters like any other scan tool. What it does is to interpret the codes comming from the analysis and adds the text to it. Clearing any set codes is normal but resetting the oil change is special. I heard the button doesn't do anything on the Lambos.

But, why do you already need such a reader. Is your H broken or does it show any codes, or do you feel the car is gonna die due to hesitation or so ? Or is the tranny not working well ? Let us know.
Yes, having the ability to re-set that oil change monitor is one of those items I want to see.
An independent exotic car shop near me has this Autel unit and has reset the oil change monitor on a customer's Aventador several times.

Ergo, you may have 'heard wrong'.
FWIW... Ross-Tech's director has stated that their 'new' HEX-NET tool also has the ability to re-set the Huracan's Service Monitor.
I'll try to keep you posted after an oil change.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yes, having the ability to re-set that oil change monitor is one of those items I want to see.
An independent exotic car shop near me has this Autel unit and has reset the oil change monitor on a customer's Aventador several times.

Ergo, you may have 'heard wrong'.
FWIW... Ross-Tech's director has stated that their 'new' HEX-NET tool also has the ability to re-set the Huracan's Service Monitor.
I'll try to keep you posted after an oil change.
Very good post and very interesting one. Please give us an update.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I have the Hex-Net also but don't find it very well supported on the Huracan yet. Since I had their cable was not that expensive to upgrade to Hex-Net and is nice I can carry it with me and use on my phone instead of needing laptop

·
Registered
774 Posts
Have you guys figured out the fast brake light flashing or a way to bypass the seat airbags?
What about the the service interval requirement I think it ask that once in a while?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm currently looking for a Diagnostic Tool to reset the oil change on my 2018 Huracan. I called Autel and they said it ONLY works from 2017 and older. Has anyone found something that covers the 2018 yet.??

thanks..

Paul - Redondo Beach, CA

·
Registered
774 Posts
I'm currently looking for a Diagnostic Tool to reset the oil change on my 2018 Huracan. I called Autel and they said it ONLY works from 2017 and older. Has anyone found something that covers the 2018 yet.??

thanks..

Paul - Redondo Beach, CA
autophix 7610 work as well as the autotel handheld I used.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm interested in this too. I've been looking for a way to clear out the "airbag malfunction" error and also the "service due". Anyone have anything they use that worked 100%? Mines a 2018 Performante.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have this unit and it pretty basic, but more robust than those cheapie OBDII bluetooth dongles you get and pair it to some iOS freebie app. It will reset Huracan oil light no problem. Like another post mentioned, it turns diag codes into text to help you diag the issue. Some issues its pretty specific, others its very vague.

Example: airbag malfunction, it linked it to driver side seat belt buckle. Swapped out buckle, light went away.

Example: rear side markers, installed the euro ones where it didn't have the lights in it. It keeps saying rear brake light failure, but its actually the side markers.

Example: on my buddy's Aventador he kept getting a "gateway failure" pretty vague diag code, tried resetting it and it comes back on after a few drives.

So its a hit/miss. Unless someone wants to pony up for Leonardo or a Texa, the Autel is ok for the money.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
If the tool can pull mileage info from gauge electronics, it can match the data with ECU to check manipulation. But then if hacker knows how to change both info & synch them, it's undetectable. I think it will require physical alteration to gauge's ROM maybe by UV light or other methods to erase the memory...

·
Registered
326 Posts
If the tool can pull mileage info from gauge electronics, it can match the data with ECU to check manipulation. But then if hacker knows how to change both info & synch them, it's undetectable. I think it will require physical alteration to gauge's ROM maybe by UV light or other methods to erase the memory...
Probably not undetectable. The mileage is also stored in places other than the ECU. I know if a couple of instances where a servicing dealer detected a mismatch between what was in the ECU/cluster display and what was stored elsewhere and flagged the vehicle in Lamborghini's system. In theory perhaps a hacker could hack everything, but simply knowing how to change the cluster display is not enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts