Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought this group would find this interesting (I know I am always interested in this kind of stuff)...I bought my 2019 huracan 580-2 from lamborghini Houston in January 2020, with 3900 miles for $200k (no trade in). Almost 12 months later, traded it in to another lamborghini dealership for $190k (I put 3300 miles on it and traded in when due for annual service...zero dollars spent in my year of ownership). Obviously, I could have simply paid too much for my new aventador (so they artificially propped up my trade in value), but I did quite a bit of analysis and negotiation with different dealerships for aventadors...I felt pretty good that I got a very fair purchase price. When I also look at list prices for huracans now, they seem strong versus a year ago. best $10k I have spent for a year with a terrific car!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,450 Posts
I’m being offered $195K for my 2018 580-2 with 2500 miles which includes my tax credit. That’s on my trade for the New EVO RWD. 6 months ago it would have been 10k less. I’m still asking for more.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,460 Posts
I will add another data point and although supportive as we all know in statistics we hardly have an adequate sample size......but the data is encouraging. I was offered 202K (with the tax advantage included) by the dealership that sold me the Huracan as a trade for a new 2021 EVO. My Huracan had 1600 miles on it when I bought it, and now has about 2700 total miles. Still not sure I will go with the EVO though........more to follow. Love my Rosso Mars Metallic Huracan.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I posted back in March the supercar market wouldn't collapse but instead we would see an increased demand based on the fact people would make money in the markets. Not many believed me but that's exactly how it played out. Demand surged which meant values remained strong.

I expect the strong demand to last well into 2021, money is cheap and there's plenty of money out there sitting in bank accounts and plenty of money made in the markets/crypto waiting to be spent once COVID is over so I expect strong sales and values for the foreseeable future.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,460 Posts
What's this tax credit some of you are referring too? I'm in California and they charge full tax for every transaction. Suxs.
The dealerships in some states Texas included deduct the value of the car from your next purchase so you only pay taxes on the difference. Did that both with my Porsche 3RS and 2RS.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The dealerships in some states Texas included deduct the value of the car from your next purchase so you only pay taxes on the difference. Did that both with my Porsche 3RS and 2RS.
MN law works that way too. without that, it would be harder to justify trading as much as i usually end up doing. at least i am not getting pounded for thousands extra in tax each time. you would think dealers in some of those states (especially for cars sold more regionally than exotics) would be absolutely clamoring for that to be changed so they can sell more cars.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,460 Posts
MN law works that way too. without that, it would be harder to justify trading as much as i usually end up doing. at least i am not getting pounded for thousands extra in tax each time. you would think dealers in some of those states (especially for cars sold more regionally than exotics) would be absolutely clamoring for that to be changed so they can sell more cars.
Absolutely, the tax savings is not insignificant and in the case of the Huracan amounts to about $12K. Plus it avoid trying to sell it privately with the annoying test drives, haggling, and dreaded paperwork. In my case, the dealershp will send a truck to pick up my Huracan and Drop off the EVO at the same time if I am so inclined........

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Absolutely, the tax savings is not insignificant and in the case of the Huracan amounts to about $12K. Plus it avoid trying to sell it privately with the annoying test drives, haggling, and dreaded paperwork. In my case, the dealershp will send a truck to pick up my Huracan and Drop of the EVO at the same time if I am so inclined........
did you work with dallas, houston, or neither? just curious...

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,460 Posts
Dallas never returns my e-mails or calls X2, Houston I was interested in a 2019 Huracan but they responded like molasses until the vehicle was sold out from under me. It may have only been an issue for me but my experience in Texas is that they are not that customer centric. Now I have heard others claim Dallas is great but that has not been my experience. Went out of state. The Porsche dealerships in Texas also are lackluster and they make up for it with marginal to poor customer service.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,460 Posts
How many think a year from now 2022 arriving will 580's be solid in the 160's and 610 in the 170's or not quite?
I am not sure anyone can answer that question but I will give you a WAG. The pricing has been trending up for several months and couple that with supply constraints plus factory output being down secondary to COVID and I think those price points you are suggesting are unlikely unless you are talking about high mileage 580s/610s. To be clear, this is just a WAG.

Reactions: DXM31

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
In Canada 580's are selling for almost msrp + options. It's insane how well the 580 has held it's value, it's a brilliant car plus in my opinion one of the best looking Huracan variants.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,450 Posts
I am not sure anyone can answer that question but I will give you a WAG. The pricing has been trending up for several months and couple that with supply constraints plus factory output being down secondary to COVID and I think those price points you are suggesting are unlikely unless you are talking about high mileage 580s/610s. To be clear, this is just a WAG.
I think that is a pretty good assumption and would agree.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,460 Posts
At the time, a part of me felt buying a Lamborghini when COVID first hit was injudicious but then the saying from the movie Risky Business got the better of me.........sometimes you've got to say....... ;)

Reactions: WD3
1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.