Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the procedure to store the catalyst and O2 on a huracan. I saw the one for the Gallardo. I have driven almost 400 miles and they Catalyst and O2 have not been reset.

No codes and no errors.

Anyone ever deal with this or know best way to try to get the codes to set?

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't, however on Ferrari's the drive cycle reset is something like the following:
1- Disconnect Battery for extended period
2- Reconnect and start car, let idle for 4 minutes without touching accelartor
3- Drive in 3rd or 4th gear for 5 miles at 2500 RPM, increase to 4500 RPM and let off gas while in gear and let the car naturally slow to 2500 RPM
4- Stop car and let idle for 5 minutes

The specifics there are related to testing catalyst, Air Evap, etc...

Have you tried hooking up to the OBD2 and seeing what live data is reading?

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you a friend that has ROSS Tech VCDS you can force those two to be ready through the program. Very easy. I just went through all this smog mess myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you a friend that has ROSS Tech VCDS you can force those two to be ready through the program. Very easy. I just went through all this smog mess myself

WOW...did not know that! I have an OBD11 which will read full VCDS and coding. Do you by chance know the process or under what system it is? That would help a ton.

From what I have seen over the past couple years, the OBD11 will do everything VCDS will.....just have to know where to find it!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Watch this video it should help you a lot.

Thanks so much! Well I found a place where OBD11 has not updated their support of the Huracan. Formerly had a R8 and pretty much was able to do anything the VCDS could do.

I could see the functions under basic settings but the OBD11 would not perform the tests properly. I would not imagine a lot of Huracan owners are begging them to update the app. I can read all the values...etc, just keeps canceling the functions when I try to run them.

I can remember from when I had to do 'basic settings' on the R8, it would spell out all the parameters of the test to perform. On the H, they have not even filled in those parameters. Even knowing what they are, it did not allow the test to run and would just kill the accelerator pedal until I canceled the test. If I tried to start the test at the spec rpm, it would cancel the test.

At least now I know I have an option to take it to someone and run these!

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had the same problem few months ago. It took forever for the sensors to be ready but eventually they were. About 1000 miles. Dealerships were no help either.
WOW...hope it is not that bad. I reached out to our local guys who work on all kinds of exotics. I passed along the VCDS info @bige1815 gave me to they guy I know that works there. He was going to look into it and ask all his techs and follow up with me if they could do something.

I will follow up with this thread and give outcome.

Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Problem solved. HUGE thanks to @bige1815 ! I ordered the VCDS/VCDS mobile w/ hex net and did it myself. I figure it is nice to have the tool and I just went ahead and bought the unlimited VIN unit rather than try to save a few hundred bucks on one locked down to only a few vins.

You go under engine/general settings and run the o2 and cat functions. Once the car was at temp, it only took a few minutes to set the readiness. SOOO nice!

Lambo dealer did not seem to know where to start since car has a VF tune on it. So I am thinking if I ever have any issues in the future, having this around is not a bad idea.

Thanks so much big1815. It is really amazing what you can do with VCDS. Hope I never need it ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.