Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Lamborghini Huracan LP 580-2
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Anyone ever seen something like this? Thought it was pretty funny honestly. I was driving back from Hilton Head last weekend and when I got home I felt lucky to see my license plate barely hanging on. I was returning from the Concours car show which was unfortunately rainy and cold...but I still went!

Anywho, you guys have any recommendations on what I can do to make sure this doesn't happen with my replacement tag plate?

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Plant Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,576 Posts
I use a Lamborghini carbon frame to hold my plate, but ours are metal so even without a plate holder it’s safe.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Never seen one held on with just the plate and no license plate frame. Try using a frame, you can order one on eBay

·
Registered
2009 LP560-4
135 Posts
It kinda looks like you had it bent out so it was more visible? Or was it flat and flush against the car?

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
You're certainly missing the plate housing which is why that is happening at speed.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,440 Posts
Vandalism by our Woke community? You sure is heck can't drive fast enough to produce that kind of damage.

1,810 Posts
Now that is a new one :oops:

Due to its location, it would make it next to impossible for it to catch enough wind that it would tear.
Personally, I'm leaning more towards someone trying to liberate your plate.

In no way does it rule out metal fatigue around the screw holes due to the absence of a frame. However, it is quite a head-scratcher!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,440 Posts
^^Yeah, the Certified Firefighter must have triggered a twerp or two. Losers!

·
Vendor
142 Posts
We have the rear plate mount for the Evo and Performante. No plate cover needed and it fits the holes already in the bumper. :)

Grille Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2017 Lamborghini Huracan LP 580-2
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey everyone! So honestly the former license was only about 6 months old. When it was new it was completely flat and never bent out. I've been noticing it slightly bending over the past few months but didn't really think of it. I do drive it I stole it which I am certain is a contributing factor as to what happened. I won't say that I never speed, however, speed is likely a factor here. I also drove through some nasty storms so maybe roadwater also water pushed it back? Not sure what happens down there when driving through a Southern monsoon 🤣

These license plates are so thin and flimsy aluminum that GA is issuing nowadays...

Sounds like I need to get a rear license plate holder. I'll hit up eBay shortly...I just wonder if there's a way to better secure it since there's only two top screws on my rear bumper? Wish it had a place for four screws but naturally it hangs down a bit lower than the rear bumper so there'd be nowhere to screw the bottom screws in [slightly different than Evo and Perf pics].

Also, the wife was following me home from HHI...when I got home she was like "oh yeah, your license plate was flapping like crazy the whole time!"...🤦‍♂️ ya think she would have let me know! Ha

·
Vendor
142 Posts
Just as an FYI, we are now stocking carbon fiber license plate frame - $40 US plus shipping. Haven't even added to the website yet. These are high quality, sturdy frames that would stop any wobble in your rear license plate.
Please let me know if you may be interested. thanks!
Rectangle Font Gadget Tints and shades Wood

1 - 13 of 13 Posts