Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I bought my Huracan new in 2017 and chose the Giano cast wheels rather than the Narvi forged optional wheels because I preferred the look - they reminded me of the Countach telephone dial wheels whereas the look of the Narvis did nothing for me. Each to their own.

Question - I assume that there is a weight saving with the forged wheels. Does anyone know exactly what that saving is? I am rather hankering after a set of bronze Mimas forged wheels for a bit of a change.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,710 Posts
I read that forged rims on average are 10 to 15% lighter than cast aluminum. Maybe someone can chime that has weighed theirs.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
When I bought my 2015 Huracan it came with the Giano wheels and within 2 weeks of owning I changed to Mimas. I didnt mind them but got a super deal on the mimas. I did look up difference back then but don't remember exactly but think was a little over 2lbs on rears and just under 2 on front. But I also prefer forged because are roads are horrible here and they hold up better

Reactions: k3silk

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,463 Posts
@Blu Bull, I am looking at 20" Narvi forged......explain why forged are preferable.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,463 Posts
@surfah I was looking and found this.........which comports with your comment.

"Forged wheel are manufactured from a solid piece of metal called billet. The billet is heated and undergoes intense pressure to be changed. In other words, forged wheels are one-piece wheels. Forged wheels are stronger because of grain refinement due to thermal cycle and process of deformation."

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Yep lighter and stronger is why I usually go with them. But am liking what’s on my car so might not change, at least yet

·
Registered
69 Posts
@surfah I was looking and found this.........which comports with your comment.

"Forged wheel are manufactured from a solid piece of metal called billet. The billet is heated and undergoes intense pressure to be changed. In other words, forged wheels are one-piece wheels. Forged wheels are stronger because of grain refinement due to thermal cycle and process of deformation."
Haha, grain refinement....sounds like a Kellogg‘s cereal commercial. Only way more expensive....perhaps this explains the ridiculous price of forged wheels.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,463 Posts
Haha, grain refinement....sounds like a Kellogg‘s cereal commercial. Only way more expensive....perhaps this explains the ridiculous price of forged wheels.
Listen as we all know if it sounds complicated they can charge more........sounds very complicated so it has to be very expensive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts