Lamborghini Talk banner

1221 - 1240 of 1283 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Forgot to mention, I lusted after the ZR1, and having just completed my doctorate in engineering, figured I deserved a little diversionary present. Well, never in my life had I seen a car with such poor fit and finish and zero balance. The rear pulled very hard to the right upon acceleration - way too much power for the suspension. I drove it around the block and said no thanks to the dealer. Later that year, Jerome Brown (Phila Eagles lineman) was killed in one (hard acceleration), very easy to see how and why.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Fact check: one element does not what a car make. the front splitter is not the focus point of the car. The overall sense when i saw the car in person last December was jaw dropping. The lines and curves, fin, wing , fenders, naca ducts and stance were truly impressive. it said " me want"... and when you open up the cofango... wow. The car a techie and geek dream

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,676 Posts
Forgot to mention, I lusted after the ZR1, and having just completed my doctorate in engineering, figured I deserved a little diversionary present. Well, never in my life had I seen a car with such poor fit and finish and zero balance. The rear pulled very hard to the right upon acceleration - way too much power for the suspension. I drove it around the block and said no thanks to the dealer. Later that year, Jerome Brown (Phila Eagles lineman) was killed in one (hard acceleration), very easy to see how and why.
I also wanted a ZR1 so your experience has relevance to me but I never drove one. I guess we pay these big bucks for cars like Lamborghini for their power, speed and most importantly their drivability.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
That's very strange - I had a ZR1 and a Z06 (C7) and never had those issues. Fit and finish on the C7 was far better than in previous GEN's, and my cars never pulled to the right or left upon accel. They're not AWD, like my 911 or 640, so not as neutral on hard accel, but they never displayed those characteristics for me. The ZR1 has a lot of power, but very manageable, in the streets, unless one was dumb enough to turn the nannies off. That could be painful under WOT...something one should never do in the streets.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The STO makes the EVO look plain jane especially the EVO RWD which in my opinion is probably the least aggressive Huracan variant.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,676 Posts
The STO makes the EVO look plain jane especially the EVO RWD which in my opinion is probably the least aggressive Huracan variant.
:giggle: ;)

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,201 Posts
I can understand where SL55 is coming from, they are both still just Huracans. Wait till you see the replacement!

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,307 Posts
Some of the posts in this thread remind me of some random guy on my IG who claimed his 2012 Aventador was better looking than my SVJ. Literally went back and fourth with me for 2 weeks straight. I guess his ego took a hit or something but there's always that one guy who will bash the more expensive model.

·
Premium Member
16,201 Posts
Albert, If I had a STO on order I would probably be saying the same thing, just not openly, that is human nature. Most people paid $245 to $275 for their EVO RWD's and the STO is coming in at $400 to $450 at least. Can you justify the cost difference? Plain Jane is starting to look pretty good to me. Then what if an EVO RWD PERFORMANTE gets released next year?

Reactions: Lambo2018

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Albert, If I had a STO on order I would probably be saying the same thing, just not openly, that is human nature. Most people paid $245 to $275 for their EVO RWD's and the STO is coming in at $400 to $450 at least. Can you justify the cost difference? Plain Jane is starting to look pretty good to me. Then what if an EVO RWD PERFORMANTE gets released next year?
Give it a rest already because you sound bitter and bring nothing productive to this thread. This thread is for STO owners who want to talk about spec and options. Create another post where you and Albert can bash the STO and make yourselves feel wonderful that you own the best and greatest Huracan of all time.

·
Premium Member
16,201 Posts
Give it a rest already because you sound bitter and bring nothing productive to this thread. This thread is for STO owners who want to talk about spec and options. Create another post where you and Albert can bash the STO and make yourselves feel wonderful that you own the best and greatest Huracan of all time.
I agree, this is not productive, I will capitualate.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I can justify the cost and price increase from a standard EVO because the STO has a lot of new components. Around 75% of the exterior body panels are new and carbon fiber. New windscreen. New brakes, even the SVJ didn't get new brakes. New brake cooling. New titanium rear arch. New light weight door panels.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My dealer will have the show car here on the 15th and would be happy to take any specific pictures.
I will be there to take another look. Hopefully, he has some updates on my build.

·
Registered
274 Posts
My dealer will have the show car here on the 15th and would be happy to take any specific pictures.
I will be there to take another look. Hopefully, he has some updates on my build.
Would you mind taking a few snaps of the exterior CF details on the front and rear? I‘d be interested to see what’s CF and not.

Also, do the orange brake calipers actually match the trim? When I looked closer at pics I took, it appeared they were slightly different.

And do you think, after looking closely, that a gloss black wrap could accomplish the black accents on the blue background?

Enjoy your visit. must be exciting to be close to getting a real STO!

·
Registered
46 Posts
to me personally, just not a big fan of the new evo awd front. I LOVE the evo rwd design i think its so clean and simple. I'm actually kind of glad the STO somewhat followed the rwd design but I am not a fan of the contrast color going all the way up on the front, makes the nose look even shorter than it already is...

speaking STO, after months of talking back and forth, finally getting ready to submit my STO order. Going full wild with this one and not holding anything back. Was gonna create own color on the main and contrast but my sales after talking with factory told me that would take too too long plus the delays, even too long for me even though I don't mind waiting lol... so im choosing an existing color, but still going after the super trofeo evo racecar color combo

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
^
Congrats, when do you expect delivery?

And speaking of AdP colours, this one off colour is available for the STO. It's called "Verde Bast".

·
Registered
71 Posts
Would you mind taking a few snaps of the exterior CF details on the front and rear? I‘d be interested to see what’s CF and not.

Also, do the orange brake calipers actually match the trim? When I looked closer at pics I took, it appeared they were slightly different.

And do you think, after looking closely, that a gloss black wrap could accomplish the black accents on the blue background?

Enjoy your visit. must be exciting to be close to getting a real STO!
will be happy to get those and post them next week.

·
Registered
46 Posts
^
Congrats, when do you expect delivery?

And speaking of AdP colours, this one off colour is available for the STO. It's called "Verde Bast".

I was offered the first batch but i delayed it due to ad personam options.. sigh, so im looking at year end or 22 delivery most likely. And hmmm "verde bast" didn't show up in google. Did you mean viola bast? or is it verde. Might need to get my SA to send me a sample again lol.

1221 - 1240 of 1283 Posts