Lamborghini Talk banner

1201 - 1220 of 1283 Posts

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,307 Posts
I can’t even decide on a base color. I am trying to avoid duplicate colors among my other cars. I can really only do blue or black. I wanted to possibly do a matte paint, but I don’t like they way they look when covered with satin PPF. It alters the look too much. I originally intended to keep my Rosso Mars Performante (I love it), but now I wonder should I simply do a Rosso Mars STO and trade the Performante in. That would solve a ton of problems, but I don’t know if the STO is $125,000 better than the Performante. I know, I’m complete mess.

It’s worth mentioning, I’ve never struggled before. My 765LT spec came together rather easily. So too did both my Performante and my 812. I knew early on what I wanted to do, and never had any hesitation whatsoever.
Always go with your first choice.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I can’t even decide on a base color. I am trying to avoid duplicate colors among my other cars. I can really only do blue or black. I wanted to possibly do a matte paint, but I don’t like they way they look when covered with satin PPF. It alters the look too much. I originally intended to keep my Rosso Mars Performante (I love it), but now I wonder should I simply do a Rosso Mars STO and trade the Performante in. That would solve a ton of problems, but I don’t know if the STO is $125,000 better than the Performante. I know, I’m complete mess.

It’s worth mentioning, I’ve never struggled before. My 765LT spec came together rather easily. So too did both my Performante and my 812. I knew early on what I wanted to do, and never had any hesitation whatsoever.
You‘re right to stay away from a matte paint and satin PPF IMO. I’ve seen a bunch of Lambos at the exotic car events here in FL (a good reason to go is to see options and color schemes) and I personally don’t care for them one bit. Perhaps it’s all the sharp lines and the way the sun hits them.

I’ve also seen three 765LTs in person In March at FOS Orlando. Now that’s a car I could enjoy a love affair with.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,676 Posts
I think I see where @WD3 is headed with his question and if you like the look that's fine but, for some strange reason, it kind of reminds me of Barney & Friends but heck I have a weird sense of humor. :giggle: Well, in any event, it is interesting looking and will get noticed.

Attachments

Reactions: Russk and WD3

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,676 Posts
^^Just not a fan of purple but to me this spec does looks better.

Reactions: WD3

·
Registered
71 Posts
Stickers can be removed. And it actually worked out cheaper to get the package if you wanted a contrast color.

They will need to be removed for proper PPF.

The car is super aggressive so I feel it deserves a special color. But, there are so many great colors to choose from.

Viola Parsifae which is my choice looks absolutely incredible in person. It goes well with Silver or Yellow contrast in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
The road pressence of the STO is insane, so aggressive...

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,201 Posts
I cannot deny, the STO does certainly have a road presence. Can't wait to see it in person. I wonder how long it will be before we see an aftermarket STO front bonnet for the regular Huracan? That is one part of the STO I think that really stands out and looks very stylish.

·
Registered
45 Posts

IMO, the EVO splitter looks much better than the STO, sometimes the aero effect does not look pretty. The front splitter is the worst design feature in the STO (looks like it was glued stuck on to the nose of the car). Im sure it will grow on you after spending that much on the car LOL

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,201 Posts
I'm not wild about the splitter either, just the hood, the Aventador has similar features.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
When the EVO came out people hated the front end and said it look like the new R8. SVJ came out people hated the "moustache". The STO front end will grow on people like every other Lambo design.

And the STO front end is not just for aero, it's a very complex piece of engineering. Lambo needed to find the correct structural pivot points so the nose wouldn't touch the ground when opening it which is why it's a very clean design and not overly aggressive like the SVJ.

The amout of engingering that's gone into the STO is refreshing because it's not just a standard Huracan with a new front and rear end. There's some major differences.

·
Registered
215 Posts
^
Correct. You can see the pivot points on the lower section of the front fascia. The cofango is one of the reasons why you have more of a flat noise and no ALA like aero. Complex aero wouldn't work.

·
Registered
2019 Huracan Performante Spyder
97 Posts
IMO, the EVO splitter looks much better than the STO, sometimes the aero effect does not look pretty.
Agreed. Beauty is obviously in the eye of the beholder, but in pictures at least the STO styling is not for me. The various iterations of the Huracan up to this point have managed to achieve the impressive feat of being simultaneously aggressive, elegant and beautiful, and from my perspective the STO doesn't manage that. All that having been said, it's quite possible that pictures just don't do it justice and it'll be really interesting to see whether I feel the same when I see it in person - it might well make more sense at that point.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I cannot deny, the STO does certainly have a road presence. Can't wait to see it in person. I wonder how long it will be before we see an aftermarket STO front bonnet for the regular Huracan? That is one part of the STO I think that really stands out and looks very stylish.
Haha Russ, I remember when the ZR1 Corvette first came out. Its only distinguishing features were a wider rear end and the squared-off tail lights. When Chevy decided to adopt the taillights across the entire Corvette line, it threw the ZR1 owners into a tizzy!

I wholeheartedly agree with you, the bonnet really sets the STO apart (as well as the rear engine duct). But the Huracan wouldn't have the clamshell opening and the 'huge' front storage bin, lol.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,676 Posts
Everyone has a different sense of esthetics to me the EVO is beautiful yet, others see it as mundane. I guess it’s all prospective and that’s fine and for my money the STO looks, well, a tad too busy and lacks a cohesive look. I guess the STO does have street presence but, to my eye, not in a good way. Now I will never be capable of a level of self-deception where I imagine my perspective has any universality so to be clear it is just my opinion but to me the STO looks gaudy and pretentious and more so than your “average” gaudy and pretentious Lamborghini. Now to be fair this thread has 63K following so it’s clear my opinion is a minority opinion but my opinion nonetheless. As there are participants in this thread that would never buy an EVO so there are forum members that would never buy an STO. It's all good, and in the end, it's what makes the world go round.

1201 - 1220 of 1283 Posts