Lamborghini Talk banner

Huracán STO

653802 Views 7613 Replies 217 Participants Last post by  NeedMoreCoffee
So a few weeks ago my dealer told me about the Huracán Super Trofeo Omologato possibly being unveiled in August next year which should be the most hardcore street legal Huracan yet. It should get tech from the new Evo, be extremely light and also have 5 point harness racing seats. Also it will most likely be number-limited.

Does anyone on here have more information on this?
7521 - 7540 of 7614 Posts

· Registered
829 Posts
The F296 GTS also has my attention! I still have a hard time with the TT V6.
Russ, if you have any access to a demo, take one out. It’s got so many modern features compared to the F8, it really is a different car altogether. Ferrari (like everyone else) is being forced into hybrids, and soon enough this will become the de facto standard for exotics. IMO they did a great job with this one.

I get it about the TT V6. But with the hot TT and electric assist, performance is not lacking one bit, and with the piped in sound into the cabin, sounds really good. Better than the F8.

My biggest issue are the tail lights, which looks a bit too Camaro-like, but overall I think the car is a winner.

Overall a much more livable DD than the STO.

· Registered
1,262 Posts
Russ, if you have any access to a demo, take one out. It’s got so many modern features compared to the F8, it really is a different car altogether. Ferrari (like everyone else) is being forced into hybrids, and soon enough this will become the de facto standard for exotics. IMO they did a great job with this one.

I get it about the TT V6. But with the hot TT and electric assist, performance is not lacking one bit, and with the piped in sound into the cabin, sounds really good. Better than the F8.

Overall a much more livable DD than the STO.
The 296 is not being considered for me due to the oversimplified exterior. It also went for the retro style Dino inspired body which made the car look small and doesn’t have the road presence of an exotic. That combined with v6 [emoji2359] if I want V6 I’d go back to Porsche.

Ferrari died with the F8 as far as I’m concerned.

· Registered
3,291 Posts
The SF90 and 296 GTB are both fugly. Especially the rear and taillights of the 296. No desire to acquire one. Performance is there but speed is no longer the issue. All current super cars are speed demons. The real metric is the thrill the car engenders when I drive it. It is not about how long it takes to reach my destination.

I cannot get excited about a car I find physically unattractive.

· Registered
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,941 Posts
The SF90 and 296 GTB are both fugly. Especially the rear and taillights of the 296. No desire to acquire one. Performance is there but speed is no longer the issue. All current super cars are speed demons. The real metric is the thrill the car engenders when I drive it. It is not about how long it takes to reach my destination.

I cannot get excited about a car I find physically unattractive.
I never thought the day would come, but when you said “speed is no longer an issue” I thought how true. With the dawn of electrification even the non super cars are posting respectable numbers. Now it just has to come down to overall excitement.

· Registered
829 Posts
I have been told caliper paint peels or changes colour when you track the car due to excessive heat. Even factory painted calipers are not recommended (only black or silver)...can anyone confirm?
I would not track any car with the expectation the calipers wouldn’t change color. Heat is brutal on calipers, period.

I speak from experience on my 458.

· Registered
605 Posts
Reactions: SRM Autosports
7521 - 7540 of 7614 Posts