Lamborghini Talk banner

Huracán STO

653802 Views 7613 Replies 217 Participants Last post by  NeedMoreCoffee
So a few weeks ago my dealer told me about the Huracán Super Trofeo Omologato possibly being unveiled in August next year which should be the most hardcore street legal Huracan yet. It should get tech from the new Evo, be extremely light and also have 5 point harness racing seats. Also it will most likely be number-limited.

Does anyone on here have more information on this?
7501 - 7520 of 7614 Posts

· Registered
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,941 Posts
We're in an age of anything goes, and a Lamborghini looks good no matter what color or combination.

· Registered
829 Posts
I was looking to buy a LP700 roadster and my dealer offered $470k for my STO. For reference my STO sticker was around $450k and only has around 1500 km's. I'm not planning to sell my STO but the days of people flipping for $50k+ profits seem to be gone.

The other issue with the STO is Lambo built too many. It's good for the brand because the model was a massive success but bad news for owners is it'll impact resale values. Lets see what happens in Spring.
Any recession is sure to have an impact. The fact they were able to make so many is surprising, especially after the Covid-related problems they encountered. I guessed they would come up way short. Oh well…

Just opining here, but my feeling after a year and a half of ownership is this car is too raw for most folks. I am probably in the minority, but for me it’s fine. Just takes some getting used to and twisty roads and Trofeo mode. That is the only way to bring out its true character.
The longer I wait for my allocation the more I’m leaning toward just waiting for the replacement.
Is this a H or A replacement? I drove the F296 a few weeks back and enjoyed it. So if the Lambo replacement is hybrid, I’m open to throwing my name in the hat.

· Registered
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,941 Posts
Any recession is sure to have an impact. The fact they were able to make so many is surprising, especially after the Covid-related problems they encountered. I guessed they would come up way short. Oh well…

Just opining here, but my feeling after a year and a half of ownership is this car is too raw for most folks. I am probably in the minority, but for me it’s fine. Just takes some getting used to and twisty roads and Trofeo mode. That is the only way to bring out its true character.

Is this a H or A replacement? I drove the F296 a few weeks back and enjoyed it. So if the Lambo replacement is hybrid, I’m open to throwing my name in the hat.
The F296 GTS also has my attention! I still have a hard time with the TT V6.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

• Love
Reactions: Rcasa20

· Registered
134 Posts
I tell you what I was driving my STO after being in the shop for a few months getting some cosmetic work and I realized with these cars (Huracan, Aventador . . . ) You can use the engine like a horn. Someone veering into your lane drop it down two, three cogs. Someone tail gating - ditto. Slow person in the fast lane or holding up people in the lane next to you ditto.

I don't suggest showing off or being obnoxious - I'm talking practical solutions the V10 provides that's all.

· Registered
36 Posts
I was looking to buy a LP700 roadster and my dealer offered $470k for my STO. For reference my STO sticker was around $450k and only has around 1500 km's. I'm not planning to sell my STO but the days of people flipping for $50k+ profits seem to be gone.

The other issue with the STO is Lambo built too many. It's good for the brand because the model was a massive success but bad news for owners is it'll impact resale values. Lets see what happens in Spring.
I still think the STO will reign supreme for a the entire V10 lineup in terms of resale short and long term...

1. they produced a few but are still relatively rare
2. Consensus of being the best drivers lambo ever produced and unlikely to be replicated in terms of "feel"
2. many of these were specced too "individually" (or should I say poorly) and will not appeal to most people come resale time. So if you have a pretty classy spec without weird colour/sticker combos, your car should be high in demand
3. Sad to say this, but this car is prone to being written off much more easily than other cars largely due to the cofango. Already plenty of binned examples where the damage was actually not overly bad, but just too costly to repair. Overtime, numbers will decrease quicker imo

· Registered
117 Posts
thanks! I actually did the whole thing in PPF, including the pieces at the bottom of the front bumper. My installer was not too happy about it and tried to get out of doing them since it was not a painted surface but my dealer quickly chimed in and said those are doable. @hotstove

· Registered
1,365 Posts
7501 - 7520 of 7614 Posts