Lamborghini Talk banner

721 - 740 of 803 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,502 Posts
Yes. There were folks in and out. Was a Saterday before the car was headed to ATL.

I am thrilled to have seen it in person, and am seriously considering.
Nice, and to buy or not to buy the STO is a big decision. Are you still considering the EVO Spyder?

The STO seems track focused so I am not sure that would be the right choice for me but it is undoubtedly a cool looking machine!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder
15,497 Posts
Yes. There were folks in and out. Was a Saterday before the car was headed to ATL.

I am thrilled to have seen it in person, and am seriously considering.
I am very interested in getting the Akrapovic system but apparently it is going through homologation and not available in the USA.

·
Registered
191 Posts
STO would be in lieu of. FL is more of a EVO Spyder state, roads flat and kinda boring. But I could join a track and there’s talk of a new one coming to Tampa, less than 3 hours.

The EVO is a no brainer, and right now leaning that way. But I won’t place order until this summer. So a 2022.......

Yes Russ, a tough choice, with a 458 in the garage and an F8 Spider on the way. I could cull the fleet at some point. But who wouldn’t want to be in my shoes?

·
Premium Member
15,497 Posts
Why wouldn't it be available in the US? Where there's a will there's a way....
It should be coming, but for now they are ironing out some legal issues.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,502 Posts
It should be coming, but for now they are ironing out some legal issues.
Russ what about the Ryft titanium race exhaust? They are offering it at the Austin dealership is that legal and you can do straight pipes and cat delete as well.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I don’t know if anyone here has heard a super car NA engine with straight pipes and cat delete. Waaay too loud for my tastes and what little hearing I have left.

I thought the stock EVO sounded great. The 458 definitely did better with Kline 200 cell cats and exhaust. Not too loud, just right.

·
Registered
191 Posts
PS I like the way folks on this forum all work together in the common interest. That is, our obsession with cars 🚘......

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,502 Posts
Check out the video....move ahead to 5:35 for the finale.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,502 Posts
I thought the stock EVO sounded great.
I agree, but I am pretty sure Russ is intent on shaking all the coconuts out of the Hawaiian palm trees with intense sound waves alone. 🤣

·
Premium Member
15,497 Posts
Russ what about the Ryft titanium race exhaust? They are offering it at the Austin dealership is that legal and you can do straight pipes and cat delete as well.
It will have to be the Akrapovic to keep the warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Exhaust sound to many has become all about the pops and crackles and I think it's now overdone with how many people are doing tunes to cars that artificially give them crazy amount. The Evo sounds amazing accelerating, the way a screaming V10 should and has just the right amount of pops without sounding over the top the way my huracan 610 did. And again, no matter what exhaust you add to the Evo you will still have it temporarily cut out if you are on it to much. When i got my car it had 1,700 miles on it so the exhaust baffles had time to break in, your new cars will sound better with miles

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,502 Posts
When i got my car it had 1,700 miles on it so the exhaust baffles had time to break in, your new cars will sound better with miles
That is absolutely true.....exhaust sound improves with time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The optional Huracan Race exhaust sounds incredible. My friend has a Huracan, Performante, and an SVJ and we all believe the older Huracan with the optional race exhaust sounds better than the Performante and SVJ.

The EVO does sound great stock.

There is a shop in Chicago that builds TT Lambos and R8s, called B.Rogue.

Brandon the owner builds custom Titanium exhausts for the builds and they are amazing. Both in quality and sound.

He built one for me.
If for some reason the STO does get GPF and can’t source the Akropovic for whatever reason, will have them build me one.

·
Premium Member
15,497 Posts
Exhaust sound to many has become all about the pops and crackles and I think it's now overdone with how many people are doing tunes to cars that artificially give them crazy amount. The Evo sounds amazing accelerating, the way a screaming V10 should and has just the right amount of pops without sounding over the top the way my huracan 610 did. And again, no matter what exhaust you add to the Evo you will still have it temporarily cut out if you are on it to much. When i got my car it had 1,700 miles on it so the exhaust baffles had time to break in, your new cars will sound better with miles
You are right. The stock system will get consistently better with additional miles. Who knows, by the time the Akra is available I might not want it. I will get used to this new system, but coming directly off of my 580 which was insanely loud this sounded tame to me. Even the cold start doesn't have the rumble I have grown used to. So time will tell.

·
Registered
2015 Lamborghini Huracan Grigio Lynx
43 Posts
So the demo STO for the US market has worked its way down the east coast and finished its stay in Miami yesterday. Anybody know where it’s going from there? I would think it would be making its way to Texas in the next couple of weeks.

721 - 740 of 803 Posts