Lamborghini Talk banner

681 - 700 of 803 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Current datasheet says Emissions Class - Euro 6 - LEV 3 and exhaust treatment two catalyts with Lambda sensors and website says "in approvals" stage - so hopefully the whole run gets it.

BTW the EVO RWD has the same emissions class - Anyone know if they fitted GPF to the EVO RWD as this would indicate Lambos direction

·
Registered
17 Posts
Keep an eye here, it looks like Lambo would submit EPA certification for MY22 around March/April.

I see the Huracan uses a combination of both MPI and DI. Could this enable them to escape the need for GPFs?

Also, what are the odds that they produce STO’s with different exhaust systems depending on the end market? It seems they are already doing so for the Evo so it would stand to reason they’d do the same for the STO.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I see the Huracan uses a combination of both MPI and DI. Could this enable them to escape the need for GPFs?

Also, what are the odds that they produce STO’s with different exhaust systems depending on the end market? It seems they are already doing so for the Evo so it would stand to reason they’d do the same for the STO.
Better off flipping a coin than trying to figure this one out for EVO and STO.........

·
Registered
31 Posts
Better off flipping a coin than trying to figure this one out for EVO and STO.........
Factory opens today

So I hope to get some answers back shortly. If they in fact do produce variations depending on market then its less of an issue as one could "quite comfortably" change the exhaust system

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,165 Posts
Keep in mind MY21's have EPA certification and it's very unlikely Lamborghini will add GFP to MY21's this late in the MY so my guess is if they end up adding GFP it'll be for MY22.

Also there's a new adminstration on Jan 20th so I suspect they'll be major changes at the EPA which will most lilkely align itself with EU emission polices.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Keep in mind MY21's have EPA certification and it's very unlikely Lamborghini will add GFP to MY21's this late in the MY so my guess is if they end up adding GFP it'll be for MY22.

Also there's a new adminstration on Jan 20th so I suspect they'll be major changes at the EPA which will most lilkely align itself with EU emission polices.
Agreed 100%. I have a deposit on the F8 Spider, where the GPF has already been added, so the damage is done. Interestingly, during discussions the dealer brought up aftermarket possibilities with GPF delete, and the fact that it wouldn't void the warranty.

If I were a betting man, it's that the GPF will show up in the MY 22s - on all V10s. So the question is.....will there be an aftermarket fix, and will it void any warranty? Any of course.....how much does it actually impede sound in the NA.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,502 Posts
With a GPF it's not just the sound but the engine back pressure......not that healthy for the ICE.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I don't know the laws in the states, can your cars be as loud as you want them to be?

In Germany we can't just change the exhaust and take out the GPF, that would be illegal.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Audi did this starting in 2020 with the R8s. USA and Canada NO GPF!
Rest of the world got GPF.
My bet is no GPF 2021. 2022 we will see.
They may do what Audi did with the V10, even increased the stated HP by 8HP saying it was to offset the GPF.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Doesn’t MY22 start next summer (August)? If so, and if GPF is applied globally starting that MY, then essentially all STO’s will have the device sinceI suspect there will only be a couple months of MY21 production.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Audi did this starting in 2020 with the R8s. USA and Canada NO GPF!
Rest of the world got GPF.
My bet is no GPF 2021. 2022 we will see.
They may do what Audi did with the V10, even increased the stated HP by 8HP saying it was to offset the GPF.
Agreed. Why would they accept market divergence in 2020 but not in future years unless legally mandated to do so? It seems they made a decision to build according to the end-market requirements and just deal with the additional manufacturing complexity.

Futher, the STO product brief claims “improved engine sound sharpness at higher revs”. We know the GPF has the exact opposite effect of improving sharpness in the upper rev band by clipping high frequencies. This begs the question - how could they claim the above for cars built for European/Chinese emission regs (ie. with GPF). Would be interesting to see if the product brief in those regions exclude that statement..... or perhaps they’ve found a workaround to avoid GPF’s through calibration of their MPI/DI system?

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,165 Posts
In normal times MY22 would start in May/June but because of the STO getting delayed my guess is MY22 STO production will start in Sept because the factory is closed in August for summer break.

I personally don't see Lamborghini skirting GFP requirements much longer which is why I still think they'll squeeze out MY21 STO's without GFP and will include GFP on MY22+ cars. EPA will be heading in a different direction come Jan 20th plus manufacturers still have to deal with CARB which will push the EPA to get much more stricter on emissions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
In normal times MY22 would start in May/June but because of the STO getting delayed my guess is MY22 STO production will start in Sept because the factory is closed in August for summer break.

I personally don't see Lamborghini skirting GFP requirements much longer which is why I still think they'll squeeze out MY21 STO's without GFP and will include GFP on MY22+ cars. EPA will be heading in a different direction come Jan 20th plus manufacturers still have to deal with CARB which will push the EPA to get much more stricter on emissions.
I don’t think the EPA could change their regulations so quickly. Manufacturers need several years notice before being able to comply. It certainly wouldn’t take effect before 2023 or 2024.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I don't know the laws in the states, can your cars be as loud as you want them to be?

In Germany we can't just change the exhaust and take out the GPF, that would be illegal.
I don’t know about sound, but in the US, different states set their own emissions standards for vehicles. I live in FL and we actually don’t have any standards or inspections.

·
Registered
2015 Lamborghini Huracan Grigio Lynx
43 Posts
In the gpf thread, the evo rwd has gpf in China this year and will be coming to European and American models for my2022, as per somebody’s dealership. This seems in line with what I would expect having watched porsche and Audi. And yes that will make the small number of my2021 cars unicorns. I think the vast majority of the production will be my 2022 cars.

I still don’t know why they would do this with us cars since it is not the law in the states but it’s what porsche and Audi did and it’s probably the same legal team calling the shots.

hopefully us dealers will have a solution like ordering a replacement exhaust for a my 2021 car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Why has the R8 used GPF’s in Europe since 2019 but not the Huracan? Something isn’t adding up.

Starts at 2:20

681 - 700 of 803 Posts