Lamborghini Talk banner
6301 - 6320 of 6853 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Huracan STO
50 Posts
Has anyone figured out a way to route the battery tender without squashing/damaging the seals ?as I’ve seen a few posts where people had troubles with it, I’ll need to connect it tomorrow morning as I might not (but not surely) see the car for a while, any help/suggestions would be appreciated 🙏🏽
I assume no one figured out a way to arrange it, I looked around and there isn’t a way to keep the cofango open/not squeeze the cable/seal, what I’ve done for the time being is put 2 paper cups to keep the cofango open just a tad, thou next time I’ll be here I’ll take exact measurements of 2 areas and I’ll 3D print something to keep the cofango open for the charger while keeping it secure, if someone wants I’ll upload it if there won’t be a solution until I’ll design and make it in my free time.

·
Premium Member
2022 Rosso Mars Huracan STO
16,507 Posts
^^I don't have an STO yet but is it possible to run the cord out between the windshield and the cofango leading edge?

·
Registered
2022 Huracan STO
50 Posts
^^I don't have an STO yet but is it possible to run the cord out between the windshield and the cofango leading edge?
Unfortunately it’s either you’ll squeeze the cofangos frunk seals or the air ducts seals (as it already happened to someone over here).
There doesn’t seem to be a way to maintain it open without squeezing anything, the only solution I’ve found is to keep the cofango a bit more open by placing something then you can route the cable from anywhere you’d like.

·
Premium Member
16,507 Posts
Unfortunately it’s either you’ll squeeze the cofangos frunk seals or the air ducts seals (as it already happened to someone over here).
There doesn’t seem to be a way to maintain it open without squeezing anything, the only solution I’ve found is to keep the cofango a bit more open by placing something then you can route the cable from anywhere you’d like.
Is it possible using an extension maintainer cord to route the wire to the front of the Cofango grill area and affix it? Please forgive my theorizing in a vacuum given I don't have the benefit of an STO..............at least not yet. ;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Someone mentioned awhile ago that the vents on the dash just popped out and can pop back in. Has anyone tried that? If so, it seems it would be super easy to wrap them in shiny carbon wrap and have them look real. Mine is a 2015 but I haven't noticed any change in later years.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Is it possible using an extension maintainer cord to route the wire to the front of the Cofango grill area and affix it? Please forgive my theorizing in a vacuum given I don't have the benefit of an STO..............at least not yet. ;)
Is there a reason folks don’t want to just keep the Confango open while charging? Is it a matter of preference (I.e annoying) or an actual technical reason?

·
Premium Member
16,507 Posts
Is there a reason folks don’t want to just keep the Confango open while charging? Is it a matter of preference (I.e annoying) or an actual technical reason?
Actually, for me, and I suspect for others, it's a matter of convenience. Most of us are looking to be able to run the cable from the battery to some exterior point outside the cofango to avoid having to open the cofango each time you want to connect the battery tender.

Reactions: Robbys3m3

·
Registered
600 Posts
What's the issue with squishing a seal? I believe it gets quite compressed when fully closed so any depression caused by the cable should not be an issue in terms of affecting sealing integrity in that area.

·
Registered
2022 Huracan STO
50 Posts
Yeah you can, if you don’t run a license plate you could probably use one of the existing holes of the bracket to affix it, thou it doesn’t resolve the issues of squeezing the seal, which imo it is an issue as it’s something that happens often and the spot where the cable runs would get the shape of the cable thus making the seal not work in this specific spot. I don’t mind keeping it open this is why I intend to make something that would hold the cofango just a tad open instead of placing a cup or something like I did for the time being.

·
Premium Member
16,507 Posts
Yeah you can, if you don’t run a license plate you could probably use one of the existing holes of the bracket to affix it, thou it doesn’t resolve the issues of squeezing the seal, which imo it is an issue as it’s something that happens often and the spot where the cable runs would get the shape of the cable thus making the seal not work in this specific spot. I don’t mind keeping it open this is why I intend to make something that would hold the cofango just a tad open instead of placing a cup or something like I did for the time being.
Okay thanks. Nothing like in the field testing. Have you tried @SL55's method exiting at the windshield? Is the windshield option also going to compress the seals?

·
Premium Member
16,507 Posts
This is using an extension. I was able to close the cofango, wire is loose and not getting squeezed...

View attachment 314844
Is it possible to use adhesive clips* (see link) near the exit point but away from the windshield wipers to make the cable easy to access?

*Note, these adhesive clips won't leave any residue and are easy to remove if needed.

·
Premium Member
16,507 Posts
Is the routine yearly maintenance for the STO very similar to the EVO RWD?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,265 Posts
Someone mentioned awhile ago that the vents on the dash just popped out and can pop back in. Has anyone tried that? If so, it seems it would be super easy to wrap them in shiny carbon wrap and have them look real. Mine is a 2015 but I haven't noticed any change in later years.
Yes, I have popped mine off by accident When trying to remove my vent covers.

·
Registered
2022 Huracan STO
50 Posts
Okay thanks. Nothing like in the field testing. Have you tried @SL55's method exiting at the windshield? Is the windshield option also going to compress the seals?
I didn’t have time to check if it will make the seal compress and have a long term affect on it as I had a flight to catch, but I’d imagine it would, thou it’s my first car that needs to use a trickle charger so I don’t really know, it’s the exact same seal as the one found on all the huracans to seal the “frunk”, same seal found on every hood/“frunk”, I didn’t want to take the “risk” as I didn’t know if it will affect it but people over here would be able to give an answer to if you can close the hood/frunk without doing anything to the seals long term for sure :)

·
Premium Member
16,507 Posts
I didn’t have time to check if it will make the seal compress and have a long term affect on it as I had a flight to catch, but I’d imagine it would, thou it’s my first car that needs to use a trickle charger so I don’t really know, it’s the exact same seal as the one found on all the huracans to seal the “frunk”, same seal found on every hood/“frunk”, I didn’t want to take the “risk” as I didn’t know if it will affect it but people over here would be able to give an answer to if you can close the hood/frunk without doing anything to the seals long term for sure :)
I hear you about not impacting the frunk seal and agree. Though, there has to be a way to create quick access to the maintainer cable without impacting the seal.
I drive my cars a bit but nevertheless I keep all my cars on battery maintainers when not in use.

Reactions: Shahaf2911

·
Registered
113 Posts
For those who have/had an SVJ too - which do you prefer?
currently weighing up new STO or used SVJ
I have both. They are very different so it’s hard to compare. STO is small and light vs SVJ is wide and heavy.

SVJ for city cruising. Insane presence and phenomenal V12 sound. I love the design of the car and doors going up. I wouldn’t take it to a track (I had taken it) and if canyon drive, it’s gotta be long sweepers with good visibility cause the roof and the A pillars block out the view.

STO is fantastic for a canyon or a track. You can take it to any road with short twisties or long sweepers and it will be easy and fun to drive. I tried driving it in the city, it’s not bad but I prefer the SVJ.

If I were to keep one it would be the SVJ, especially the roadster! It feels more special.

6301 - 6320 of 6853 Posts