Lamborghini Talk banner
3681 - 3700 of 3759 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was surprised to see the chassis exposed near the seat belt buckle on a couple of freshly delivered STO's today. Any idea if this can be covered in carbon like in the configurator?

configurator
View attachment 303380

reality
View attachment 303379
All the photos I’ve seen have it exposed like that. It may be covered (in carpet) if you spec the standard floor mats with carpeting.

·
Registered
20 Giallo Auge Urus | 2021 Verde Scandal SVJ | 2021 STO Arancio Atlas/Verde Mantis
261 Posts
Anyone who has received their STO already would change their spec at all? Things you like/dislike? My car is already “in production” so I’m well past the point if no return but just curious.
1200 miles of seat time and would not change anything. Only option I think I’m missing was the dark chrome package.

·
Registered
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
442 Posts
my Dealer just called and said he received the window sticker, he believes it should still be here by end of the year. Strangely, it does have the Magnesium wheels listed, will see what it shows up with.
I got a call from my dealer on Monday and they said the magnesium wheels are now available again. Sounds like they got the kinks worked out and they are back in production.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Anyone who has received their STO already would change their spec at all? Things you like/dislike? My car is already “in production” so I’m well past the point if no return but just curious.
I would have gotten the Livery 2 Pack. I thought the lower rocker panels were part of the contrast package, so I missed it. I plan to recreate as much as possible with a black and orange wrap, but for the cost it would have been better to have the factory do it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
About a month ago, someone posted a nice schedule of approximate time frames for various points from order to delivery of car. If anyone has a copy of that, could you please repost or PM me. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
About a month ago, someone posted a nice schedule of approximate time frames for various points from order to delivery of car. If anyone has a copy of that, could you please repost or PM me. Thanks
Do you mean this?

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
I know a lot of people don’t like Chris Harris, but he just said in his latest video that if the STO came with Michelins instead of Bridgestones it would be well above the GT3 for him. He has it tied with the the GT3 as his favorite car of 2021.

Curious if any owner has tried a different tire.

I know I will as I put all my cars on Michelins.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I know a lot of people don’t like Chris Harris, but he just said in his latest video that if the STO came with Michelins instead of Bridgestones it would be well above the GT3 for him. He has it tied with the the GT3 as his favorite car of 2021.

Curious if any owner has tried a different tire.

I know I will as I put all my cars on Michelins.
But are they really that much better than the Bridgestones?

Michelin has done a helluva job marketing their tires via social media and automotive personalities so I would take claims one tire is better than the other with a grain of salt unless there's proper back to back tests with both tires.

·
Registered
157 Posts
But are they really that much better than the Bridgestones?

Michelin has done a helluva job marketing their tires via social media and automotive personalities so I would take claims one tire is better than the other with a grain of salt unless there's proper back to back tests with both tires.
I haven’t received my STO yet, hopefully next month. But, from my personal experience the Michelin Cup 2Rs and 4S are hard to beat for performance cars. I like them better than Trofeo Rs. Pirelli are the worst tire IMO.

Hence, my curiosity.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Well, I took the STO out today for a short ride...........and forgot to come back (literally).

Please bear with me, I am a Ferrari guy and new to the world of Lamborghini. To those lucky enough to be on the receiving end, it's worth the wait. The STO is an extremely compliant car with very precise steering and braking. It feels pinned to the ground.

The sport seats and driver position are superb. To say it's enjoyable car is an understatement.....this one may be a keeper.

P.S. Although I have no barometer with the Performante, a guy I met at the Ferrari Corso Pilota Sport course last week has one and earlier in the month drove the Perf back to back with the STO for an entire day. He claims the STO is superior and has one on order (dunno what he'll do with his Perf).

He also is an excellent track driver, I believe he broke 1:30 at Concours Miami (we were running F8 Tributos). By the way, the F8 is a very capable track car if you ever get the chance!

I am starting to wonder how can you not track the STO, even for just a taste.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yes. Thanks. I am told that I am first on the list of a large dealer for the next VIN assigned. That schedule makes it appear that, once a VIN is assigned, I am within 3 months of receiving my car. However, the dealer tells me it is probably still 6-8 months away. Can anyone shed more light in this?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well, I took the STO out today for a short ride...........and forgot to come back (literally).

Please bear with me, I am a Ferrari guy and new to the world of Lamborghini. To those lucky enough to be on the receiving end, it's worth the wait. The STO is an extremely compliant car with very precise steering and braking. It feels pinned to the ground.

The sport seats and driver position are superb. To say it's enjoyable car is an understatement.....this one may be a keeper.

P.S. Although I have no barometer with the Performante, a guy I met at the Ferrari Corso Pilota Sport course last week has one and earlier in the month drove the Perf back to back with the STO for an entire day. He claims the STO is superior and has one on order (dunno what he'll do with his Perf).

He also is an excellent track driver, I believe he broke 1:30 at Concours Miami (we were running F8 Tributos). By the way, the F8 is a very capable track car if you ever get the chance!

I am starting to wonder how can you not track the STO, even for just a taste.
I cant wait to get mine. I am anticipating that it will be like a more aggressive and powerful RS. If the brakes are comparable to Porsches then it will be a beast on the track.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
Yes. Thanks. I am told that I am first on the list of a large dealer for the next VIN assigned. That schedule makes it appear that I am within 3 months of receiving my car but I am told it is still 6-8 months away. Can anyone shed more light in this?
Good luck with getting a precise and accurate timeline. The problem is we are only privy too snapshots yet the timeline, if you will, is ever changing and hard to accurately predict. Though, I anticipate once the COVID/supply chain/workforce woes are resolved a predictable timeline(s) will once again reemerge.

3681 - 3700 of 3759 Posts