Lamborghini Talk banner
3661 - 3680 of 3760 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
With STOs turning the kind of profits on the preowned market it won't be long before dealerships want new buyers to sign a contract if said vehicle is sold within two years (+/-) the dealership gets the right to sell the STO and reaps a percentage of the total sale price. Not sure of the legality of that but I am sure the dealerships could develop an appropriately binding contract to effect that............
That would be like a contact to let them have the right to consign the car if you want to sell it…..guess that’s possible.
The wholesale market on the car now is 100K over sticker. Dealers will pay that right now and mark it up to 150-190K over…..

·
Registered
482 Posts
These are crazy times, and they shall eventually pass. My mother in law went car shopping last week and even Toyota wants a $5k markup on a basic sedan. They called it a ‘special package’ and it came with a few perks, but nothing worth getting excited about. She is an older buyer and was really turned off by the entire ordeal.

Though I have no plans to sell any of my exotics, I don’t see how dealers can enforce such sale constraints. More likely is a blacklisting of sorts. There are just too many legitimate reasons one might sell a recently purchased car for.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I had mine delivered and the gentleman who delivered it knew a lot about the STO and installed the tender connections. The connection is against the firewall in back of the storage bin (if you want to call it that, lol). It’s easy to do yourself and there are instructions with the charger. There is also a connection sequence which I can’t remember (I’m away for a bit) but apparently is important for the battery charge.

is the wire atrached to the cover connected to the negative pole of the battery?
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle door

·
Registered
115 Posts
But you do have to agree there's a lot STO's popping up espcially for sale and if as some have suggested dealers are expecting Lambo to increase production next year. It's interesting that SL55's dealer is still has 10 STO's incoming.
Oh I totally agree. As far as I can see roughly 12 are for sale in the US which does feel high considering not many have been delivered. But I think the reason so many are for sale is because you have many folks eager for that $150k-200k easy return and less to do with folks expecting more to come later.

My dealer has been vocal that they are hoping more allocations will come in 22' but have also been transparent that Lamborghini has not given them a reason to believe they should expect that. But I DO think Lamborghini will ramp production next year..However my gut says the majority of that ramp goes to the Huracan (given order backlog and ease compared to STO) with a small amount of incremental STOs coming through as well. But all conjecture at this point...only time will tell.

·
Registered
35 Posts
A bit of STO sound with the valves permanently disconnected, the car is disappointing compared to the perf from factory without disconnecting them, done 1000 miles now so can open the taps, hasn't thrown any lights up to date

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
Chris Harris does the same review for every car he drives with very minor variations. He is more brand prompter than serious reviewer.
Though, he and his cohorts do make slick, polished videos.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Has anyone opened the valves on their STO?
Not yet. Still breaking in. Dealer offered to do it for me, if/when I’m ready.

Couple of nice days coming my way so I’ll have the STO out. After taking the Ferrari Corso Pilota Sport driving course last week (where we were driving F8 Tributos and 812s), it is making sense to me that the STO with its light weight and nimbleness will clean up on a smaller track. I think the Ring was too big to take advantage of its assets. That 710hp TT Ferrari puts up a good fight on the track (the 812 is frighteningly fast but too heavy for a small track).

Wondering how many folks here will be tracking their STOs. I am looking into the Enclave opening up in Tampa next year.

Pretty excited to also be getting the F8 soon, it’s a wonderful car!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Pushed my STO on a canyon yesterday and it handled beautifully! Love the steering, grip and the noise.

Auto tranny mode sucks, I tried it few times and switched back to manual after few minutes. Perhaps AT would be better on a track. 765 and GT2RS on the other hand is great in Auto.

It was warm day in Cali yesterday so the Bridgestone Race tires heated up really well. They seem to heat up faster than Trofeo R.

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was surprised to see the chassis exposed near the seat belt buckle on a couple of freshly delivered STO's today. Any idea if this can be covered in carbon like in the configurator?

configurator
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior

reality
Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Steering wheel

3661 - 3680 of 3760 Posts