Lamborghini Talk banner
3641 - 3660 of 3760 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
So I spoke with my sales guy yesterday about how many STO's they're receiving and he told me they're expecting 10 maybe 12 STO's next year. I was surprised the number has increased but he told me it's because STO production isn't ending until end of 2023. Thought I'd share this information with fellow Canadian STO owners.
Seven months ago, I wrote this:

I repeat what I've heard about the STO: Lamborghini will build as many as they can, everyone who wants one should get one. It will be available until 2023.
Nobody seemed to believe me, except EVORWSP maybe. ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
It’s advisable not to listen to official dealers only but also to the independent ones.
Those need to Monitor the situation on the market much more accurately than official ones. Who have to pray everything is short in supply anyhow. In the meantime it seems to be clear everyone who is interested will have the opportunity to own an STO. Production numbers will be increased steadily. It is just a matter of time.
They are not as dum as to limit a „last of its breed model“ w/o being forced. Even time is not short, theoretically the STO could be produced well into 24.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Seven months ago, I wrote this:

Nobody seemed to believe me, except EVORWSP maybe. ;)
It’s as always in such forums. Everyone‘s got its own interest. Some are defending their property, some are even triggered by manufacturers, dealers or whatsoever parties that have commercial interest.
Some react outrageous when their grounds are touched. Others tend to insulting other members. Some write every five minutes to place their standpoints. Lots of empty words.
it’s difficult to use the right filter.
I will overcome.
And stay with the expected total production number at the EOP: 2500-3000! (Or more).

·
Registered
241 Posts
Okay, if true, what does that mean relative to the long term value of the STO, and will it hold its value?

Right now even regular supercars (EVO, F8, ...) are above list-price, not only rare ones. But that's just the current situation because of shortages and a general increased demand for luxury products.

Normaly such (regular super-) cars aren't known for retaining their value.

So my guess is, for the next 2-3 years you will not lose money with almost any supercar, but after that it might change back to how it was a few years ago.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I agree with Leon.
There is one rather unpredictable issue, which is nobody knows if coming generations of mankind consider these species of supercars as attractive as we do.
Perhaps beyond my horizon anyhow …

·
Registered
157 Posts
From what my US dealer told me is that the production all along was going to be into 23. They have not received any more allocations for the STO and don’t believe they will.
This is for a Northeast dealer, in a high volume area.
We have seen the STO trickle in so it seems correct 21,22,and 23 within the same allocation range.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,559 Posts
So my guess is, for the next 2-3 years you will not lose money with almost any supercar, but after that it might change back to how it was a few years ago.
The wife is advocating buying a particular supercar that will remain nameless because she sees a pot of gold down the road but I am not so sure, and therefore, I am circumspect. Though, as we all know, one thing in the STOs favor is the 10-Cylinder NA engine is last of breed. Unfortunately, my crystal ball has always been cloudy.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The wife is advocating buying a particular supercar that will remain nameless because she sees a pot of gold down the road but I am not so sure, and therefore, I am circumspect. Though, as we all know, one thing in the STOs favor is the 10-Cylinder NA engine is last of breed. Unfortunately, my crystal ball has always been cloudy.
I think it’s just like always buy it if you like the car. And who doesn’t?
No matter what happens this will remain the hottest NA V10 ever.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
From what my US dealer told me is that the production all along was going to be into 23. They have not received any more allocations for the STO and don’t believe they will.
This is for a Northeast dealer, in a high volume area.
We have seen the STO trickle in so it seems correct 21,22,and 23 within the same allocation range.
This. Allocations haven't increased but it's something to look out for in the coming months.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Did your dealer install the battery tender connections upon delivery? If not, how much for this service? Other options other than direct battery connections?
I had mine delivered and the gentleman who delivered it knew a lot about the STO and installed the tender connections. The connection is against the firewall in back of the storage bin (if you want to call it that, lol). It’s easy to do yourself and there are instructions with the charger. There is also a connection sequence which I can’t remember (I’m away for a bit) but apparently is important for the battery charge.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,487 Posts
sorry double post

·
Registered
115 Posts
Regarding rumored increased production…topics such as this are heavy on speculation and light on facts.

I prefer to focus on the facts until I hear otherwise.

Facts:
1) Dealers are averaging 0-1 build slots a month from what I have seen…which means even 6 allocations make a year to fill…add build and delivery time and those later allocations are 23’ models.
2) Dealers have not been given increased allocations. They are hopeful, but nothing concrete yet.

Until those change I think expecting the STO model to be a 2,000 unit run is absurd…but let’s see if either of those two points above change.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Regarding rumored increased production…topics such as this are heavy on speculation and light on facts.

I prefer to focus on the facts until I hear otherwise.

Facts:
1) Dealers are averaging 0-1 build slots a month from what I have seen…which means even 6 allocations make a year to fill…add build and delivery time and those later allocations are 23’ models.
2) Dealers have not been given increased allocations. They are hopeful, but nothing concrete yet.

Until those change I think expecting the STO model to be a 2,000 unit run is absurd…but let’s see if either of those two points above change.
But you do have to agree there's a lot STO's popping up espcially for sale and if as some have suggested dealers are expecting Lambo to increase production next year. It's interesting that SL55's dealer is still has 10 STO's incoming.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,559 Posts
With STOs turning the kind of profits on the preowned market it won't be long before dealerships want new buyers to sign a contract if said vehicle is sold within two years (+/-) the dealership gets the right to sell the STO and reaps a percentage of the total sale price. Not sure of the legality of that but I am sure the dealerships could develop an appropriately binding contract to effect that............

3641 - 3660 of 3760 Posts